Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Yuvraj Singh an ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER JAMODI FTB.....

+13
Henry
Josh Carney
Ash
Basil
PlanetPakistan
The One
furriner
jim rich
Nath
philcric
JGK
Henry Nolonga
Batman
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Yuvraj Singh an ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER JAMODI FTB..... Empty Is Yuvraj Singh an ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER JAMODI FTB.....

Post by Batman Fri 14 Nov 2008, 10:20

....or is it just the English bowling being toss again?

Just saw the news on rediff.

Just what India didn't need again. Yuvraj storming back in the test side to replace Ganguly based on his one day 'form' on India's flat featherbeds again.

scratch

Last edited by Batman on Mon 17 Nov 2008, 13:08; edited 5 times in total
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Is Yuvraj Singh an ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER JAMODI FTB..... Empty Re: Is Yuvraj Singh an ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER JAMODI FTB.....

Post by Henry Nolonga Fri 14 Nov 2008, 10:24

YUVRAJ SINGH?
Henry Nolonga
Henry Nolonga

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Is Yuvraj Singh an ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER JAMODI FTB..... Empty Re: Is Yuvraj Singh an ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER JAMODI FTB.....

Post by Batman Fri 14 Nov 2008, 10:36

Henry Nolonga wrote:YUVRAJ SINGH?

Yes! Him!

LOIN YUVRAJ SINGH.....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 14 Nov 2008, 10:36

What happened?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Fri 14 Nov 2008, 10:39

JGK wrote:What happened?

While you were sleeping...???
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 14 Nov 2008, 10:40

OK, just saw the scores.

Sounds like it was played on a tiny ground.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Nov 2008, 10:48

He got the bike!

Back to top Go down

Post by philcric Fri 14 Nov 2008, 10:55

Furriner will have wet dreams tonight.
philcric
philcric

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Nolonga Fri 14 Nov 2008, 10:56

My answer: JAMODI FTB. I'm not against picking proven ODI players for tests but he's had a few chances in test matches and shown that he's not a test batsman. They should keep him away from tests.
Henry Nolonga
Henry Nolonga

Number of posts : 1639
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Fri 14 Nov 2008, 12:00

he's a SUPER JAMODI FTB
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11981
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Fri 14 Nov 2008, 14:01

Batman wrote:
Henry Nolonga wrote:YUVRAJ SINGH?

Yes! Him!

LOIN YUVRAJ SINGH.....

You interested in Yuvaj's loins? lol!

Seriously though, he seems to be getting back to some form. Great for India.

jim rich

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Fri 14 Nov 2008, 16:18

philcric wrote:Furriner will have wet dreams tonight.

Furriner had nightmares tonight.

Supremely, supremely talented on a flat pitch, looks like a tool when the ball is moving or against spin. He does brilliantly on a flat pitch or in some meaningless ODI only to disappoint again and again and again.

WHICH IS THE REASON ANY MENTION OF HIS CHANCES IN TESTS REQUIRES THE USE OF CAPSLOCK.

UNTIL HE PROVES OTHERWISE, HE WILL ALWAYS BE AN FTB, AN EGOISTICAL PRETENDER EVEN THOUGH HIS EQUALLY OVER THE TOP* DADDY THINKS HE IS A GENIUS.

AND CAPSLOCK IS AN IRONIC COUNTERPOINT TO THE YUVRAJ HYSTERIA CONJURED BY ODI FANS. CAPSLOCK IS STENTORIAN, VERY RUSTIC AND APT FOR THIS LOIN OF PUNJAB.

CAPSLOCK ALSO REMINDS ME OF THIS CINEMATIC TOUR DE FORCE BY DADDY YOGRAJ SINGH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*:

Says Yuvraj, "He threw the medal away and threatened to break my legs if I didn’t get serious about cricket."

2. Loony tunes.

"Then God gave me a son in 1981. When he was one year old I thought I would take my revenge.........."

"One day I told him, 'Son, how do you want me to live in this world with the same face if you don't complete my dream? I want you to play cricket for the country and complete my unfulfilled dream.' "

"I breathe through my son. He keeps me alive!"

furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Fri 14 Nov 2008, 16:28

yuvraj is a very good odi player, but not someone likely to get much of a run in the test team. a child of the 90s

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Fri 14 Nov 2008, 16:44

should play test cricket based on that 34 in the Asia cup ALONE.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri 14 Nov 2008, 17:22

Can't work Yuvraj out: he played like a God today (ok, he was helped out by some less than average bowling) but some of his shots were outrageous. There was one off Flintoff which was simpley breathtaking, it was a chip shot over mid-off that just flew.

And yet in the white heat of test cricket, he looks nothing special.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Fri 14 Nov 2008, 18:31

in all honesty, its only in the australia series last yr that he looked woeful. he's got 3 100s in test cricket all made against the odds - green pitches, rebuilding etc. he never had a extended run in the test side due to the "fab 4". he's only 26. he will get the #6 slot against england but he cant afford to fcuk it up now as younger batsmen are also in the frame. he needs to improve against spin though. it was embarassing watching him bat against hogg.

who would you pick in gangulys place? the only one with, arguably, a stronger claim is rohit sharma.

sehwag
gambhir
laxman
tendulkar
dravid **
yuvraj

would be my line up with dravid on his last chance
Ash
Ash

Is Yuvraj Singh an ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER JAMODI FTB..... MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Fri 14 Nov 2008, 19:28

not true. he had a continuous run from sep 2005 to june 2006, total of 13 tests against zim, sl, pak, eng and windies. he averaged 31 in that period, with the one century against pak being the only real stand-out

frankly the two of them - yuvraj and kaif, have pretty much missed the test bus. a good selector would pick one of the younger guns so that they can be introduced while the likes of sachin and laxman can mentor them, rather than give one more chance to yuvraj

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by philcric Fri 14 Nov 2008, 19:59

I had hopes on Yuvraj as a test player between 2003 - 2006. Now, I don't feel he can have a successful test career. Apart from his obvious weaknesses to play quality spin and good length bowling around off stump,, he has dodgy fitness and questionable attitude.

He's a great ODI player though. I hope he looks after his fitness and atleast plays T20/ODI successfully till 2011 World Cup.
philcric
philcric

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Sat 15 Nov 2008, 00:22

He is so unfit for his age. Looks wobbly and has all sorts of ailments. Leaving his technique issues aside I can't see his body holding against the rigors of modern day cricket.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat 15 Nov 2008, 00:26

not many 20 yr olds would take to test cricket straight away. 26 is about the right age - e.g. gambhir. if he comes good, he has at least 6 yrs ahead of him so no question of missing the bus imo. he deserves the #6 slot now that ganguly is gone, its up to him to make the most of it. too much talent to fail imo.
Ash
Ash

Is Yuvraj Singh an ULTIMATE MEGA SUPER JAMODI FTB..... MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Sat 15 Nov 2008, 01:45

^^ He is supremely talented no doubt. But what's frustrating is his freakish talent within this very narrow range - flat pitches, gun barrel straight bowling, etc- and what seems to be his utter and comprehensive carelessness outside of it.

That's the demoralizing part. We've all hoped so much for him and he's performed so well in the shorter versions of the game that no one know who this utterly miserable Yuvraj -in -Tests guy is. Polar opposites ain't in it.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 15 Nov 2008, 01:48

For pure ball striking ability all around the ground, he has no peer in world cricket at the moment.

Maybe in tests he should just go out there and throw caution to the wind. Sehwag knows that his defensive technique isn't great, so he just goes out there and plays shots- Averages 52 with 2 triple hundreds. Yuvi should try the same thing.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sat 15 Nov 2008, 07:12

sehwag's defensive technique is immeasurably better than yuvraj's. his batswing is straight down the pitch, unlike yuvraj, who looks more like a windmill

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 15 Nov 2008, 07:23

Ash wrote:not many 20 yr olds would take to test cricket straight away. 26 is about the right age - e.g. gambhir. if he comes good, he has at least 6 yrs ahead of him so no question of missing the bus imo. he deserves the #6 slot now that ganguly is gone, its up to him to make the most of it. too much talent to fail imo.

And that's it. He's ridiculously talented, too talented for him not to be a part of the team. He needs to get himself sorted out in tests, and I think he can. It's not the moving ball or the bounce which is a serious problem for him. If he can cut out a few shots, he has shown a few signs that he can do well in seaming conditions. He's hopeless against spinners in general, especially the one's who turn the ball away from him, and except that there's no reason why he shouldn't suceed.

I'd still make him play for an entire Ranji season before he gets another shot at the test squad. He's had plenty of opportunities, and there are other very talented batsmen who are now ahead in the pecking order.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by philcric Sat 15 Nov 2008, 07:41

I don't think anybody has any doubt regarding his shot making ability. He's probably the best puller in the Indian team,, best timer and the one who can hit the ball longest.

But he has a big question mark on 'surviving' the good balls,, which you get plenty in test cricket,, and there'll be plenty of fielders around to catch when you nick one, unlike ODI cricket. And of course the spin,, when you come at #6, almost invariably you have to start your innings against spin bowling.

Fitness ..... I don't know what the shitty weight training he is doing,,, but didn't anybody notice his huge belly in the presentation ceremony the other day?? He looks so fat. And he's had problems with Knees,, and back for a long time now. From being a superb fielder at point, he now has to be hidden in the field.

Attitude ... Never gives an impression that he's capable of putting his head down and do the hard yards required for test cricket. And he's so frikking arrogant annoying prick when he opens his mouth.

He's one of my favourite ODI players though. Won many a match for India batting at #5 and #6.

I'll be very happy if he can make it in test cricket,, but I don't think he will.
philcric
philcric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next