Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aussie Forummers: The Howard Years

+11
Red
Para Batsman
Fred Nerk
Bradman
horace
JGK
Henry
skully
G.Wood
tac
Paul Keating
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Aussie Forummers: The Howard Years - Page 3 Empty Re: Aussie Forummers: The Howard Years

Post by G.Wood Tue 18 Nov 2008, 03:51

JGK wrote:OK, I was more happy with it starting in early October in NSW rather than late October. I couldn't GAF about the rest of the country.

See, you can be a spiv when you try.

Feels good doesn't it
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Aussie Forummers: The Howard Years - Page 3 Empty Re: Aussie Forummers: The Howard Years

Post by Bradman Tue 18 Nov 2008, 03:55

Well we've got enough sunshine up here so I spose the Mexicans have got to make do with any help they can get.

Haven't got the Brisbane Line mentality yet have you?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 18 Nov 2008, 03:57

I'm sure being a spiv feels good at the mo if you're in the receivership business.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 18 Nov 2008, 03:59

All I know is that my boss's clock says 8 when mine says 9, and mine says 5 when his says 4.

Hence, I start work on chip time and finish on spiv time.

DST is farking ace
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 18 Nov 2008, 04:10

Bradman wrote:I'm sure being a spiv feels good at the mo if you're in the receivership business.

Would explain Movember's popularity with the Spivs ...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26212
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 18 Nov 2008, 04:11

I can't believe I misssed that one
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 18 Nov 2008, 04:21

You're "other you" wouldn't have missed it in the good 'ol days.

Pity mo's are the only things that grow bigger with age.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 18 Nov 2008, 04:24

Have you not seen the "other me's" gut recently?
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 18 Nov 2008, 04:40

I saw his gut in his prime and it was shit then.

I also remember he seemed not to be to handicapped by it as most Derby winners didn't like being photographed next to him.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 18 Nov 2008, 04:52

Aye, his body was just a tool with which to transport his asset around
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 18 Nov 2008, 04:57

peterg wrote:Howard does deserve praise for his treatment of guns, which was difficult and courageous.
But there's little more on the positive side and massive amounts that are sometimes grievously negative.

He was captive of, and blinded by, the most conservative ideology of all Austrtalian PM's.

This meant that he followed the idiocy of Bush's foreign policy.

It meant that he virtually ignored climate change for a crucial decade.

He squandered the fruits of a once in decades mining boom on tax cuts, which helped fuel the asset price bubbles.

He pared spending on education, training, research, infrastructure and health.

He damaged seriously the concepts of ministerial integrity and responsibility and the independence of the public service.

He was always liable to sow the seeds of civil division, and to give aid and comfort to the underlying racist strands in Australian society.

I second that.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 18 Nov 2008, 04:58

JGK wrote:
peterg wrote:Howard does deserve praise for his treatment of guns, which was difficult and courageous.
But there's little more on the positive side and massive amounts that are sometimes grievously negative.

He was captive of, and blinded by, the most conservative ideology of all Austrtalian PM's.

He squandered the fruits of a once in decades mining boom on tax cuts, which helped fuel the asset price bubbles.

He damaged seriously the concepts of ministerial integrity and responsibility and the independence of the public service.

He was always liable to sow the seeds of civil division, and to give aid and comfort to the underlying racist strands in Australian society.

On the positive side I would add the introduction of the GST and the harmonisation of daylight saving.

There was one further thing in his first term that we came up with this morning at work but it escapes my me at the moment.

He said he'd never introduce a GST and daylight saving still isn't harmonised.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 18 Nov 2008, 05:07

Feminazi revenge joke even.

RJ= life support system for a c**k.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 18 Nov 2008, 05:12

Red wrote:
JGK wrote:

On the positive side I would add the introduction of the GST and the harmonisation of daylight saving.

There was one further thing in his first term that we came up with this morning at work but it escapes my me at the moment.

He said he'd never introduce a GST and daylight saving still isn't harmonised.

That's true ....and then he went an election AFTER making that statement with the explicit theme of TAX REFORM , the centrepiece of which was a GST ...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26212
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 18 Nov 2008, 05:23

after the facts of the lie and implementation...the illegal economy continues to do very well...there are plenty of nob arthur daly types who are members of the libs
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 18 Nov 2008, 05:24

of course LJH allowed bronnyB to torture us old folks with the kero and her beehive hairdo
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 18 Nov 2008, 05:28

Actually Louie the Fly sacked the Bronster (TF late but better late than never) - then Half(wit) Nelson brought it back.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 18 Nov 2008, 05:33

The GST election gave him no mandate for it as he went from a commanding majority to a slim one.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 18 Nov 2008, 05:34

true...but not before the 'bronster beat' had become a national joke for those outside nursing homes...half brought her back as a north shore kind of thing I guess
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Para Batsman Tue 18 Nov 2008, 05:36

Well said.

Disagree on guns. He did his research and saw it as a vote winner. I remember polls showing huge margins with women in favour of recalling guns.

If the polls had been proguns he would not have lifted a finger.

Para Batsman

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 18 Nov 2008, 07:52

[quote="Para Batsman"]

Well said.

Disagree on guns. He did his research and saw it as a vote winner. I remember polls showing huge margins with women in favour of recalling guns.

If the polls had been proguns he would not have lifted a finger.[/quote]

Precisely, he's the most polls motivated PM I can remember.

And the GST is a millstone around all our necks. The reality is he promised never to introduce one. The fact that the Democrats bitch who aided and abetted him basically was responsible for the downfall of her party says a lot about what the people think about this insidious tax.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by ten years after Tue 18 Nov 2008, 08:23

Para Batsman wrote:
ten years after wrote:
Red wrote:
In case nobody's noticed, most of the major economies have fallen into recession. I suppose little Johnny would somehow make our economy immune from that.

I suppose you're saying its just a coincidence that Labor gets into power and six months later the world economy falls apart.

Christ man, the Republicans milked 700 billion during the lame duck year.

Do your homework or read the WS journal.

Since Labor always runs huge deficits and massive interest rates it seems obvious that the financial institutions all around the world panicked after last years election win and went on a selling binge that has brought the world economy to it's knees.

I'm surprised Malcolm Turnbull hasn't pointed this out.

ten years after

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Tue 18 Nov 2008, 08:43

Is this serious or a case of NSR?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Aussie Forummers: The Howard Years - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by ten years after Tue 18 Nov 2008, 09:19

Paul Keating wrote:Is this serious or a case of NSR?

I did find myself wondering how preposterous a statement i could make and still have someone think it was serious.

Maybe i should have blamed Kevin Rudd for Australia's defeat in India.

ten years after

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 18 Nov 2008, 11:38

The GST while unpopular was necessary (as Keating himself knew).

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next