Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dhoni threatens to resign captaincy . . .

+11
*Buckaroo*
JGK
domaink
doremi
jim rich
Merlin
philcric
The One
Fred Nerk
Zat
tac
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dhoni threatens to resign captaincy . . . Empty Dhoni threatens to resign captaincy . . .

Post by tac Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:39

. . . due to the selectors not choosing RP Singh in the ODI team . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Dhoni threatens to resign captaincy . . . Empty Re: Dhoni threatens to resign captaincy . . .

Post by Zat Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:41

Scrub my original answer. maybe he's angling for a spot as a BCCI administrator. Going home when a decision he doesn't like is made.

Last edited by Zat on Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:43; edited 2 times in total

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Dhoni threatens to resign captaincy . . . Empty Re: Dhoni threatens to resign captaincy . . .

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:42

How good's your source?

Seems unbelievable.....

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8822
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:43

No argument from me, Zatty, I reckon it'd be hella funny if he did throw it in . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:43

Fred Nerk wrote:How good's your source?

Seems unbelievable.....

All over the subi news at the mo . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:45

Link
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:46

Farq him, let him quit.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:48

Exactly . . . the only way to deal with such threats is to ask for the resignation . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:49

seems like it. he had a heated meeting with the selectors and offered to resign. dont know what exactly transpired, but this shows dhoni in a very poor light. esp for backing rps ffs!!

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:49

Yeah, TO, if he was going to go out on a limb for someone . . why the fark would it be RP?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:50

tac wrote:Exactly . . . the only way to deal with such threats is to ask for the resignation . . .
Likewise boards and the ICC should let teams pack up and go home when they threaten to as well. Sooking is sooking.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:51

all sides already denying it. someone needs to come out and make a statement

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:52

Then again, he wouldn't be a decent indian captain if he wasn't getting up someone's nose.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by philcric Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:53

Probably BS coming out of the media.
philcric
philcric

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:53

Zat wrote:
tac wrote:Exactly . . . the only way to deal with such threats is to ask for the resignation . . .
Likewise boards and the ICC should let teams pack up and go home when they threaten to as well. Sooking is sooking.

I had a couple of mid-management types get a bit precious with me in yearly review meetings. They were stunned when I accepted their threatened resignations and told them to put them in writing . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:54

Mahendra Singh Dhoni threatens to resign: Report

the usual 'un-named source'. many indian captains have cited major differences with selectors as one of the reasons for resignation. i dont see anything wrong with pathan replacing rps though. its not as bad a selection as some we have seen in the past

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:54

tac wrote:
Zat wrote:

I had a couple of mid-management types get a bit precious with me in yearly review meetings. They were stunned when I accepted their threatened resignations and told them to put them in writing . . .
I've only ever done that the once. The look on the bloke's face when I said 'you can finish up today, we'll pay out your notice' was priceless.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:55

Roebuck already thinks both Ponting and Smith need to bloody well grow up - Dhoni will make it 3 if this story keeps its legs.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 22 Nov 2008, 08:56

Roebuck trying to get his three correct stories for the year in the psace of a month?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 22 Nov 2008, 09:01

AB gave Lawrie Sawle the Johnny Paycheck line in that famous 'full and frank exchange of views' in the WACA dressing room after Swampy was chopped - and nobody heard about it for weeks.

Therein lies one of the differences between CA (however much we may bitch about individuals from time to time) ond the BCCI..

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sat 22 Nov 2008, 09:04

Yes, one could organise a root in a brothel, the other couldn't. But you wouldn;t rely on either for much intelligence.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 22 Nov 2008, 09:10

Zat wrote:Yes, one could organise a root in a brothel, the other couldn't. But you wouldn;t rely on either for much intelligence.

Rooting .... brothel .... intelligence.
Could that be considered a triple oxymoron ? naughty

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Sat 22 Nov 2008, 09:57

What a coup. Standing on the brink, just the thing England would want to happen. I don't think KP could have stage-managed this any better, even if he had wanted to.

To me its an obscure leak to some obscure media agency now making a bundle selling it to papers who publish it without checking its authenticity.

jim rich

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 22 Nov 2008, 09:59

Seems a bit of a non-event really. Cricinfo doesn't have anything, and neither does rediff, which more or less publishes anything it gets it's hand on.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by domaink Sat 22 Nov 2008, 10:08

Truckload of BS from the media. Ignore it.

domaink

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next