Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

+44
Mick Sawyer
Yorkie Jill
tricycle
horace
simkat
Nath
Fred Nerk
Hass
Basil
Bradman
Allan D
DJ_Smerk
Zat
Demelza
Chivalry Augustus
Big Dog
Jontyh
G.Wood
eowyn
lardbucket
doremi
Merlin
Invader Zim
PeterCS
skully
chris j.
filosofee
Geoffrey Trueman
Lara Lara Laughs
spangler
S F Barnes
taipan
bliksem
embee
Henry Nolonga
Brass Monkey
LeFromage
Henry
JGK
furriner
tac
PearlJ
JKLever
Sasha
48 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 20 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Jontyh Mon 26 Sep 2011, 19:12

Yup, me too. Once I get this queue of supermodels I'm working my way through done.
Jontyh
Jontyh

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 20 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2257
Registration date : 2008-01-18
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 20 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 26 Sep 2011, 19:56

Aye know what you're saying, I've only just got through Pan's People and I've still got to get through the uber-vapid smashability of Girl's Aloud. Tough life.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 27 Sep 2011, 03:32

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

Eeesh. It was the best ep of the series. Until I saw last night's. The camera work, music and acting in the last scene were great. Some may find the laugh cheesy, I thought the combo of all the things happening in that scene made it chilling.

I've got a feeling Hank knows now. Walt can't just swerve into a car to avoid going somewhere and expect Hank not to notice. There's supposedly a big twist at the end OD this season - my money's on that being it/one of them.

Any ideas why Walt says "if you could have killed me" (or something along those lines) in Mike's voice in the desert scene? The shadows were great.

And WTF is with people wearing coats and jackets in the baking heat all the time? Walt usually has 3 layers on! It's annoying me.

Sh*t my balls, that was intense. It's funny how such a slow show can suddenly move at a breathless pace and overload the senses with the chaos.

Hank had the line of the night. "If you're in over your head on something, don't you think I might be the guy to come to?" If that doesn't foreshadow how this all shakes out, I'll eat my balls. And, remember, I've already shat them, so that's a decent wager.

Although Hank's going to have to make it through to the end of the season first...

Didn't clock Mike's voice in that desert scene. Was terrifically directed, though, with the almost never-ending long shot of Walt taunting Gus's inability to kill him which lingered for so long that it seemed certain Gus would abruptly bring it to a close with a single shot to the head. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Walt checked out some time before the series does, nor if his death was as brutal and unsentimental as many that have gone before him in the show.

It was a great episode. And it still found time for some light humour with Saul's heavies inadvertently killing Ted with a floor rug and a bowl of oranges.

Where do we go from here? I just don't know...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Sep 2011, 06:45

Dello wrote:

Page 33?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Sep 2011, 07:05

It was obvious. Slow Poms. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105982
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Sep 2011, 07:06

skully wrote: Slow Poms. Cool

Redundant terminology.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Sep 2011, 07:12

Just started reading Game of Thrones. Have to admit that the series (which premieried last night in SA) stacks up pretty well against the book.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:47

Dello wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

Eeesh. It was the best ep of the series. Until I saw last night's. The camera work, music and acting in the last scene were great. Some may find the laugh cheesy, I thought the combo of all the things happening in that scene made it chilling.

I've got a feeling Hank knows now. Walt can't just swerve into a car to avoid going somewhere and expect Hank not to notice. There's supposedly a big twist at the end OD this season - my money's on that being it/one of them.

Any ideas why Walt says "if you could have killed me" (or something along those lines) in Mike's voice in the desert scene? The shadows were great.

And WTF is with people wearing coats and jackets in the baking heat all the time? Walt usually has 3 layers on! It's annoying me.

Sh*t my balls, that was intense. It's funny how such a slow show can suddenly move at a breathless pace and overload the senses with the chaos.

Hank had the line of the night. "If you're in over your head on something, don't you think I might be the guy to come to?" If that doesn't foreshadow how this all shakes out, I'll eat my balls. And, remember, I've already shat them, so that's a decent wager.

Although Hank's going to have to make it through to the end of the season first...

Didn't clock Mike's voice in that desert scene. Was terrifically directed, though, with the almost never-ending long shot of Walt taunting Gus's inability to kill him which lingered for so long that it seemed certain Gus would abruptly bring it to a close with a single shot to the head. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Walt checked out some time before the series does, nor if his death was as brutal and unsentimental as many that have gone before him in the show.

It was a great episode. And it still found time for some light humour with Saul's heavies inadvertently killing Ted with a floor rug and a bowl of oranges.

Yeah, Hank's supposed to be a top investigator. The weed smoking, the missing meth equipment from the chemistry department at his school, the fugue state, the shaky gambling story, the interest in Heisenberg, the initials in Gale's book, driving past during the stake out of the bench that time, the "Heisenberg's still out there" dinner and now the crash. He's got to be suspicious.

Do you reckon the mad laughter was signifying the end of Walter White and the re-emergence of Heisenberg? He's been under huge stress, pressure and life threatening situations for over a year - has he finally snapped and turned into a full blown schizo? Has Heisenberg taken over for good? Could be the theme for the rest of the show, although they'll do it in a more subtle and less sci-fi way than I'm suggesting.

I didn't notice Mike's voice either but I browse the BB imdb board now and then (full of retards but the odd good post) and they notice most small things. I've re-watched it and I'm sure it's Mike. Is it foreshadowing? Seems too deliberate to be an editing error.

Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:58

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Dello wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

Yeah, Hank's supposed to be a top investigator. The weed smoking, the missing meth equipment from the chemistry department at his school, the fugue state, the shaky gambling story, the interest in Heisenberg, the initials in Gale's book, driving past during the stake out of the bench that time, the "Heisenberg's still out there" dinner and now the crash. He's got to be suspicious.

Do you reckon the mad laughter was signifying the end of Walter White and the re-emergence of Heisenberg? He's been under huge stress, pressure and life threatening situations for over a year - has he finally snapped and turned into a full blown schizo? Has Heisenberg taken over for good? Could be the theme for the rest of the show, although they'll do it in a more subtle and less sci-fi way than I'm suggesting.

I didn't notice Mike's voice either but I browse the BB imdb board now and then (full of retards but the odd good post) and they notice most small things. I've re-watched it and I'm sure it's Mike. Is it foreshadowing? Seems too deliberate to be an editing error.

This is still Big Brother we are discussing, Right?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Tue 27 Sep 2011, 20:52

This is Jinsy. Growing my beard right now.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2011, 21:17

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

Vilks -
I can't understand why you want season 1 to get going. Or how. Within 2 episodes he's got cancer, quit his night job, hooked up with Jesse, bought and started a meth lab, killed and disposed of one distributor and tied up the other in the basement. What more do you want?! It's 7 of the most jam packed episodes of anything I've ever seen. Besides - action is horrifically boring 90% of the time (cf Transformers). If there is no build up to it, it doesn't mean anything. The best shows (Sopranos, Wire etc) are the ones with 90% of the time spent on character an plot development with short, sudden moments of violence/action/gabagool eating. If you don't think the first season has got going after 2 eps then it's probably not for you as the later series' are more evenly paced (ie slower).

You could have just said "Yes, it does get better".

I hate it when people are so blinded by fanboyism that they won't have a bad word said about their favourite show. It gets MUCH better you deluded fool.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 04 Oct 2011, 08:22

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Dello wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

New episode out. Get on it.

Re-emergence of Heisenberg, you say...?
Spoiler:
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 04 Oct 2011, 09:44

Is it just me or is this thread getting gayer and gayer?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 04 Oct 2011, 09:49

taipan wrote:Is it just me or is this thread getting gayer and gayer?

It's you AND the thread

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 04 Oct 2011, 09:50

lardbucket wrote:
taipan wrote:Is it just me or is this thread getting gayer and gayer?

It's you AND the thread

I think you have become conditioned by Skully's wankfest over on the Supernatural thread.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 04 Oct 2011, 09:51

what supernatural thread?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:33

New show - Homeland. Looks good from the initial episode. Could be worth getting onto.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:32

Dello wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Dello wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

New episode out. Get on it.

Re-emergence of Heisenberg, you say...?
Spoiler:
F**k me sideways. That was one of the most exhilarating 45 minutes of television I have ever seen.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:55

vilkrang wrote:

Spoiler:
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:08

Dello wrote:
vilkrang wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:10

vilkrang wrote:
Spoiler:

Now you have spoilt it.

Last edited by taipan on Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited so as not to spoil spoiler.)
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:12

Jesus, you got on that quickly, I edited it seconds after posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:13

vilkrang wrote:Jesus, you got on that quickly, I edited it seconds after posting.

Call me AB for short.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 04 Oct 2011, 15:40

BTW, has anyone Walking Deaded it? I reckon it's fawesome.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 15:41

Some people probably have. It's highly unlikely that you are the only person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next