Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virender Sehwag- Forget about the stats

+11
SG
Henry
skully
JGK
LeFromage
Chivalry Augustus
Basil
JKLever
rey
The One
PlanetPakistan
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Virender Sehwag- Forget about the stats - Page 2 Empty Re: Virender Sehwag- Forget about the stats

Post by Paul Keating Tue 16 Dec 2008, 08:48

Whilst I think Sehwag moves ahead of Merchant. How quickly some people forget the likes of

Azharuddin
Hazare
Viswanath
Vengsarkar
Amarnath

I would not have Laxman anywhere near an all time eleven.

Only definites are SRT and Sunil.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Virender Sehwag- Forget about the stats - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Virender Sehwag- Forget about the stats - Page 2 Empty Re: Virender Sehwag- Forget about the stats

Post by lardbucket Tue 16 Dec 2008, 09:02

and Kapil Dev

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 16 Dec 2008, 09:19

i think dravid would be a definite as well. by the time he finishes i am sure sehwag will be an automatic choice

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 16 Dec 2008, 11:47

I'd say Laxman has moved in front of Vengsarkar and Azhar.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by rey Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:09

I don't think sehwag will move to being in Indias all time top 3 or 4 until he starts scoring more in his sides second innings.

His average drops from 65 to 30 between innings with only one hundred in the 2nd innings.
rey
rey

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:37

rey wrote:I don't think sehwag will move to being in Indias all time top 3 or 4 until he starts scoring more in his sides second innings.

His average drops from 65 to 30 between innings with only one hundred in the 2nd innings.

His career hasn't finished yet. He has just played 65 tests and I think he'll play at least 50 more. So we can wait till then for our judgements.

And only scoring in sides' second inning will do? I think that is a rubbish concept!

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:43

He's been scoring with an average of more than 50 in the 2nd innings since his comeback.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 16 Dec 2008, 13:57

Chandan wrote:
rey wrote:I don't think sehwag will move to being in Indias all time top 3 or 4 until he starts scoring more in his sides second innings.

His career hasn't finished yet. He has just played 65 tests and I think he'll play at least 50 more. So we can wait till then for our judgements.

And only scoring in sides' second inning will do? I think that is a rubbish concept!

why are 1st innings stats so looked down upon? if the guy averages 65 in the 1st dig then its a lot more valuable than 65 in the second

just as a comparison, steve waugh averaged 60 and 32 in first and second innings respectively

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2