Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v South Africa, 2nd T20, Brisbane, Jan 13

+21
Merlin
Paul Keating
Naeem
DJ_Smerk
taipan
tac
Hass
skully
Nath
The One
embee
Red
Invader Zim
Zat
Henry
horace
OP Tipping
PlanetPakistan
JGK
JKLever
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Australia v South Africa, 2nd T20, Brisbane, Jan 13 - Page 5 Empty Re: Australia v South Africa, 2nd T20, Brisbane, Jan 13

Post by LeFromage Wed 14 Jan 2009, 17:55

Merlin wrote:

Ridicule all you want - it does make fun reading and it lobs out a few cheap giggles .. but the fact remains that
yours, amongst a few others, was the loudest voice to criticise at the time I kicked off on Vorn ... back in the C4 days.
....how we couldn't turn our backs on England's best ever captain and batsman; 2005 hero; the dogs-bollocks ; who else was there to replace him; your list was endless.
It's a damn shame C4 have self destructed as their old threads with your Vawn glorifications on them would make interesting reading and would wipe the smugness off your face.

I can only assume you have me confused with someone else, as I have never referred to Vaughan as England's "best ever captain and batsman" - in fact I'd started numerous threads bemoaning the drop-off in his batting average since taking over the captaincy in 2002 - and I defy you to find anyone that has forumed with me over the years who would back up your claim.

No recall from you warning that the triumphant 2005 hero captain of had nothing to do with 'Ashes 06/7' so to leave him alone / stupid to criticize him / his presence and leadership was sorely missed / he shall return.....just stating facts here Del, no attempt at sarcasm nor ridicule nor to get cheap laughs - only facts as expressed by, amongst others, you!

That's just gibberish.

Yours (opinion) on Vawns changed dramatically after the WC ... up until then, along with others, he could do no wrong.

Completely untrue - but in any case you've totally contradicted your previous assertion that you were some kind of stand-alone pariah on a one-man crusade to bring down Vaughan - against the mighty will of the people - some four months before it actually happened.

World Cup ended in April 2007. Vaughan resigned August 2008. So, if my opinion "changed dramatically after the WC" then I beat you to the punch by miles.

Which would render your previous post bullshit. Or is that your default setting?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Australia v South Africa, 2nd T20, Brisbane, Jan 13 - Page 5 Empty Re: Australia v South Africa, 2nd T20, Brisbane, Jan 13

Post by Merlin Wed 14 Jan 2009, 19:39

World Cup ended in April 2007. Vaughan resigned August 2008. So, if my opinion "changed dramatically after the WC" then I beat you to the punch by miles.

My bad and my apologies, I was 6 to 8 months out. Try Nov/Dec '06.
"Beaten to the punch" - FFS, this isn't a feckin' race Dellboy ... it's what you're making it - much ado about nothing!
There really is no reason whatsoever to drag your hindsight across this issue unless of course you're desperate to "make your point" off a few cheap shots to generate a laugh or two!
Forum gold and all that !

FTR, My reason for shifting rapidly away from Vaughan was primarily because of things I'd heard outside of the forum in the real world (subsequently verified from several sources) about the Fort England mentality that he had begun to subject the team and the backroom staff to which had begun to kick off shortly after the gongs were handed out post Ashes '05.
The closed shop unit that was developing.... surrounding himself with allies ...
It wasn't Vaughan the cricketer I was against - it was Vaughan the person.
Evident in bucket-loads today I think you'll agree!
Simple as that. I changed my attitude to him. The WC, 4 months later, was the icing on the cake.
Rermember Fredalo?! Nuff said!

Nowhere have I "asserted" ( Rolling Eyes ) that I set out on a "one-man crusade to bring Vaughan down" ...
Jesus you certainly have a fertile imagination to think that way Dellie ... Me? A one man crusade ? PMSL...
Me the pariah ? Yeah sure, I felt that way at times with some of the crap thrown back (you included till you saw the light)but yeah, like I really GAF !
As I said Dellboy, it's an opinion ... I'm not nor ever was looking for either your or anyone else's "rah-rah-rah's" ...
this is a freakin' forum FFS !! You ought to know better !

I have no confusion whatsoever about the fact you were one of the vociferous forummers, amongst several on C4, who ranted on about my forgetting all that Vaughan had done for England so soon after winning the Ashes ....
But hey, WGAF ... at the end of the day it was my opinion at the end of the day, I voiced it, got shot down several times, still do ... but frankly, I enjoyed it - a kind of masochistic joy in watching the Tyke's popularity gradually dissolve!
Make no mistake though - Vaughan has some pretty powerful allies still lurking in the shadows ...

The default setting's all yours mate!
Bee under kilt big time, and all over an 'off the cuff' remark I made last evening to a couple of Aussie's on here in a wind-up!
Boom ... Dello puts on his self-righteous booties and at 2:30 AM begins his Moderator's tramp of indignation across the Board ! Naughty Merlin speaking "gibberish" ... can't have that !!

Ho hum .... once again, cheers. boozin
Pax ... Peace man !!

Last edited by Merlin on Wed 14 Jan 2009, 19:43; edited 1 time in total

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 14 Jan 2009, 19:41

He probably remembers those emails you sent him Ian...
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 14 Jan 2009, 19:45

JKLever wrote:He probably remembers those emails you sent him Ian...
Very Happy
Yeah, I wish!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 14 Jan 2009, 20:43

Merlin wrote:
"Beaten to the punch" - FFS, this isn't a feckin' race Dellboy ...

You were the one claiming - not just in this thread - to have bravely fought alone against the tyranny of the Michael Vaughan dictatorship. I'm just bringing a little reality to the table. It's not really an issue I could care less about, but you're insinuating that I'm a liar because I happen to live outside of your fantasy world and actually remember the horses I have and haven't backed over the years.

Nowhere have I "asserted" ( Rolling Eyes ) that I set out on a "one-man crusade to bring Vaughan down" ...
Jesus you certainly have a fertile imagination to think that way Dellie ... Me? A one man crusade ? PMSL...

From Sunday 4th Jan,
Merlin wrote:Who
a. kicked off the 'Vawn Out' campaign ... (ridiculed by yourself) 3 months before he "resigned" ?
b. touted for Shah (okay, a Middlesex alleigance) long before you voiced an opinion ?
... amongst several other un-PC issues ?
http://www.flamingbails.com/the-flaming-bails-cricket-forum-f1/pietersen-wants-emergency-talks-t5099-75.htm#252047

Three months would appear to have become four months with the retelling of the legend - I imagine it'll be six months before long; perhaps it'll continue to stretch back to before the birth of time itself.

I included the Shah thing because that's bollocks as well - another example of you wanting to take full credit for a one-man campaign that plenty of other men and women had put forward independently. Personally, I'd followed Shah's career with great interest ever since he made the 1996 England A tour to Australia at just 17, scoring 76 and 79 against a NSW side featuring Stuarts Clark and MacGill in their attack and felt England had backed the wrong horse when they stuck with Collingwood but let Shah go after they both made their ODI debuts in 2001.

I have no confusion whatsoever about the fact you were one of the vociferous forummers, amongst several on C4, who ranted on about my forgetting all that Vaughan had done for England so soon after winning the Ashes ....

You obviously do, as I've never been much of a Vaughan fan. As I mentioned before, it was something of a hobby-horse of mine to point out that his pre-purple-patch average of 33 was the same as his post-purple-patch average and that, therefore, he was nothing more than an average batsman who had a brief purple patch.

My facts are straight.

Naughty Merlin speaking "gibberish" ... can't have that !!

Same as it ever was.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 14 Jan 2009, 20:58

JKLever wrote:He probably remembers those emails you sent him Ian ...

Cruel but fair. But who was 'Graham'?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38105
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 14 Jan 2009, 22:37

JGK wrote:Anyhoo...

can anyone explain how Ryan Harris is in the JAMODI squad and Hopes and Ranga aren't?

there is a sound explanation...which I attempted elsewhere..

upper class anglophile twits are rather fond of deerstalker hats and naff harris tweed jackets...

andrew hideousitch believes by selecting Harris he will get a personalised sponsoship of the Chair of the NSP that will include an invite to the English derby and guest of hon status at various fox hunts frequented by low rent english 'nobility'.

simple really
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 16 Jan 2009, 11:03

Dello wrote:
Merlin wrote:
"Beaten to the punch" - FFS, this isn't a feckin' race Dellboy ...

You were the one claiming - not just in this thread - to have bravely fought alone against the tyranny of the Michael Vaughan dictatorship. I'm just bringing a little reality to the table. It's not really an issue I could care less about, but you're insinuating that I'm a liar because I happen to live outside of your fantasy world and actually remember the horses I have and haven't backed over the years.

From Sunday 4th Jan,
Merlin wrote:Who
a. kicked off the 'Vawn Out' campaign ... (ridiculed by yourself) 3 months before he "resigned" ?
b. touted for Shah (okay, a Middlesex alleigance) long before you voiced an opinion ?
... amongst several other un-PC issues ?
http://www.flamingbails.com/the-flaming-bails-cricket-forum-f1/pietersen-wants-emergency-talks-t5099-75.htm#252047

Three months would appear to have become four months with the retelling of the legend - I imagine it'll be six months before long; perhaps it'll continue to stretch back to before the birth of time itself.

I included the Shah thing because that's bollocks as well - another example of you wanting to take full credit for a one-man campaign that plenty of other men and women had put forward independently. Personally, I'd followed Shah's career with great interest ever since he made the 1996 England A tour to Australia at just 17, scoring 76 and 79 against a NSW side featuring Stuarts Clark and MacGill in their attack and felt England had backed the wrong horse when they stuck with Collingwood but let Shah go after they both made their ODI debuts in 2001.

You obviously do, as I've never been much of a Vaughan fan. As I mentioned before, it was something of a hobby-horse of mine to point out that his pre-purple-patch average of 33 was the same as his post-purple-patch average and that, therefore, he was nothing more than an average batsman who had a brief purple patch.

My facts are straight.

Naughty Merlin speaking "gibberish" ... can't have that !!

Same as it ever was.

Game, set and match
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 27 Jan 2009, 06:00

Any Aussies longing for a return to good times?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5