Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right lads, brace yourselves.........

+10
embee
DJ_Smerk
horace
Bradman
JKLever
LeFromage
WIFAN
tac
PeterCS
Basil
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Right lads, brace yourselves......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Right lads, brace yourselves.........

Post by JKLever Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:05 am

horace wrote:the glawson rumour is all through the Melbourne media today...

now every now and then we (or at least I) make jokes about the Pomgolians...and yes we generally support any team that is playing the english in any sport ...but the line has to be drawn somewhere and I think I have found it...

For the good of cricket and for the good of the pomgolians I urge the ECB to not even after a particularly pink gin sodden night contemplate the appointment of the glawson

You've gone soft you old git.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Right lads, brace yourselves......... - Page 2 Empty Re: Right lads, brace yourselves.........

Post by horace Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:08 am

DJ_Smerk wrote:Whats the Deal with Lawson en?

he is arsenic and old lace combined
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:10 am

JKLever wrote:
horace wrote:the glawson rumour is all through the Melbourne media today...

now every now and then we (or at least I) make jokes about the Pomgolians...and yes we generally support any team that is playing the english in any sport ...but the line has to be drawn somewhere and I think I have found it...

For the good of cricket and for the good of the pomgolians I urge the ECB to not even after a particularly pink gin sodden night contemplate the appointment of the glawson

You've gone soft you old git.

phurt@jkl...there is nothing better than seeing your mob thrashed on their own merit (or lack thereof)...however if you have glawson as coach it takes all the fun out of thumping you
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:16 am

I can see plenty of positives if the Poms appoint Henry as their coach

none of them for the poms though
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:17 am

Geoff Lawson...it's like appointing Tony Adams as manager. Or Carlton Palmer. Yes, it's that bad. A hard cricketer who was a bit of a soft coach who couldn't really do owt. Yep, crap. The sort of guy you'd expect Hugh Morris to come up with, the stupid Welsh qunt. ****** off with your Lawson, we want a coach not a stereotypical Aussie.

Tom Moody, please...
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Right lads, brace yourselves......... - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:21 am

Augustus wrote:Geoff Lawson...it's like appointing Tony Adams as manager. Or Carlton Palmer. Yes, it's that bad. A hard cricketer who was a bit of a soft coach who couldn't really do owt. Yep, crap. The sort of guy you'd expect Hugh Morris to come up with, the stupid Welsh qunt. ****** off with your Lawson, we want a coach not a stereotypical Aussie.

Tom Moody, please...

but it would be really funny if we won the Ashes with him in charge. Like a double play almost.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:25 am

guffaw at augie...glawson was the softest player ever to pinch an Oz cap (only then because he was yet another overrated spiv)....he made Craig Mcdermott look like a lion heart, Mark Waugh - a stoic gutsy player

...glawson is many things but not a typical Aussie (more like 2 parts subi bleat and 3 parts pommy whine to the power of 10).

glawson is proof of the existence of recessive genes
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:27 am

His softest point was when he refused to bat on after Ambrose gave him a "scare" at the WACA
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:44 pm

PMSL @ which ever County's supporters get lumbered with Henry. And I hope you don't end up with Geoff Lawson as well.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Henry wrote:Why is Lawson apparently hated so much by Aussie forummers?
lardbucket wrote:He's a NSW-centric knob called Henry. Any further questions?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:07 pm

lol@zat san
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks you taccy san.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:11 pm

G Lawson did a good job with Pakistan simply because his main job was to tell the world about about how Pakistan was a safe place for cricket...and he did just that...

PLUS
he wasn't bitter after being disgracefully fired and still had a LOT of positive things to say about Pakistan.

top man
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:11 pm

Fark you horrie. McD hung on for 50 runs and fark knows how many balls to try to give AB the reward he so richly deserved.

Ambrose basically bowled with clinical precision that day and when all else failed at the end they threw everything at Billy and finally got him caught behind off the helmet.

Don't lump him with that passenger Lawson.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Bradman wrote:Fark you horrie.
Another one joins the list.

Is there a single forumer left who hasn't wished this on crusty?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:16 pm

zatty, check out the rabid and slightly homoerotic support for McSofty from Bradman . . remind you of anyone?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Zat wrote:
Bradman wrote:Fark you horrie.
Another one joins the list.

Is there a single forumer left who hasn't wished this on crusty?

Buckaroo and Horace.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:26 pm

tac wrote:zatty, check out the rabid and slightly homoerotic support for McSofty from Bradman . . remind you of anyone?
There are occasional similarities, but having a look through Bradman's post history, there are too many occasions where he's willing to admit a lack of knowledge of a subject for him to be Dan.

He's the qm3 of the old forum. I'm pretty sure Jay would've biinned the id if it was another GD.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:46 pm

Oh! FFS! I thought this Gabba Dan shit was put to bed (too homoerotic for you tacwit) ages ago. I've never been on a forum where this person (unless it's tac's evil twin) ever posted. Apart from now really paranoid references from tacwit I've never even heard of the guy/girl/hermaphrodite.

From viewing postings about him/her/it i can only assume some affection for the Gabba which as I said yesterday is the only reason I don't advocate the nuking of Brisbane. If you want to check forum archives you'll find I only popped up about six months ago and prior to that would have had problems posting regularly from Alaska or the highlands of Papua New Guinea.

If you need proof that I am/was qm3 ask zat about long liquid lunches in Arnhemland or Invader Zim about being a Uni administrator.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:50 pm

Hehehe . . . he protesteth too much . . .

You're a uni administrator at Queensland Uni, eh?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2