Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct

+29
Henry
Leo
Brass Monkey
JKLever
S F Barnes
doctorspin
*Buckaroo*
embee
skully
HH_pink
G.Wood
JGK
horace
Jiffymix
furriner
Ross
Josh Carney
please don't yell
Invader Zim
tac
SG
Big Dog
Nath
PearlJ
Aathma
Ash
Chandan
filosofee
doremi
33 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct - Page 15 Empty Re: India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct

Post by doremi Mon 08 Oct 2007, 20:46

Ash wrote:just watching the highlights, tendulkar shouldve been out thrice already...lucky boy...lee bowled real well 150kph+ and accurate. ganguly played some nice shots

The Lee lbw appeal was marginal though, don't think many umpires would have given it out.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct - Page 15 Empty Re: India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct

Post by Ash Mon 08 Oct 2007, 20:49

the first lbw (bracken) was plumb though at first glance seemed like an inside edge, the second one (lee) was marginal. in between there was a caught behind (inside edge) off lee not given. also ganguly had an lbw off hogg not given but it only cost australia 5 runs. we got lucky, as the foundation was critical
Ash
Ash

India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct - Page 15 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 08 Oct 2007, 20:52

One of the worst inings I've seen Tendulkar play. Though he did look a lot better after 12-15 overs. The initial overs were absolute torture.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 08 Oct 2007, 20:57

yeah he played some crispy shots square of the wicket later on. btw, do you never sleep?!
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 08 Oct 2007, 21:01

Ash wrote:yeah he played some crispy shots square of the wicket later on. btw, do you never sleep?!

6 hours, 12 on a sunday. Don't have to get up quick, so don't go to sleep early.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 08 Oct 2007, 21:14

has srt got an odi ton this yr or since the world cup? one for the taking today...
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Mon 08 Oct 2007, 21:17

Ash wrote:has srt got an odi ton this yr or since the world cup? one for the taking today...

He's been falling short for the past year when you expect him to get there, strange for a guy who's scored so many.

Don't know why Aus dropped Clarke he's been their best bowler, very odd indeed.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 08 Oct 2007, 21:44

they had to accommodate bracken somehow....i wouldve dropped hopes but he bowled well today. yuvraj seemed to have the measure of clark both in the 20-20 and in the 3rd odi so maybe thats why? another strange one is hodge getting picked over haddin who had a blinder in the first 2 games. hope they drop hayden in the next one Wink
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 08 Oct 2007, 22:11

SG wrote:Thanks for dropping Sree and Gambhir. They were really doing nothing.

santh is the leading wicket taker in the series (8 @22.5) - he's been expensive but got us the breakthroughs up front.
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Mon 08 Oct 2007, 22:37

Ash wrote:they had to accommodate bracken somehow....i wouldve dropped hopes but he bowled well today. yuvraj seemed to have the measure of clark both in the 20-20 and in the 3rd odi so maybe thats why? another strange one is hodge getting picked over haddin who had a blinder in the first 2 games. hope they drop hayden in the next one Wink

Yes drop Hayden and see how we go. Wickets would fall like skittles.Smile

Wait I have a better idea let's replace Hayden with Hodge.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Mon 08 Oct 2007, 22:43

Bracken looked rusty after his absence and Gilly made a few bowlers look bad inc Johnson.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 08 Oct 2007, 22:44

*Buckaroo* wrote:4 dubious umpiring decisions by Bucknor and Shastri, I wonder if this match is fixed by ICC/BCCI mafia ?

symonds played an unbelievably stupid shot to get out and hoggs run out was a little suss too. hopes taking a single on the 2nd ball off the last over to get lee on strike. 30 off 4 overs with 5 wkts in hand shoulda been gettable columbo
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Mon 08 Oct 2007, 22:58

SG wrote:Kartik keeps intact his position of being a crap bowler in both forms of the game.

anyone that you actually rate, SG? 👅
Ash
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 08 Oct 2007, 23:00

Good fightback inspired by the enthusiasm of the increasing youth in the team.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Mon 08 Oct 2007, 23:28

Definitely a choke. I blame everyone except Hodge.

Australia's only lost once in the 28 times Token has gone past fifty. Don't think he'll be too worried.
I wrote that during the second ODI, I think it counts as a delayed woof.
Ross
Ross

Number of posts : 1033
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Mon 08 Oct 2007, 23:54

Ash wrote:
*Buckaroo* wrote:4 dubious umpiring decisions by Bucknor and Shastri, I wonder if this match is fixed by ICC/BCCI mafia ?

symonds played an unbelievably stupid shot to get out and hoggs run out was a little suss too. hopes taking a single on the 2nd ball off the last over to get lee on strike. 30 off 4 overs with 5 wkts in hand shoulda been gettable columbo

Symonds dabbing off his middle stump and getting bowled used to be his trademark dismissal and he's been counselled on it many times.Trevor Barsby tried to tell him years ago to cut out half his shots. Slow learner is Roy.

I saw his dismissal coming when he started being cutesy instead of smashing a few fours in the final 10.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 03:57

santh is the leading wicket taker in the series
Ash,

If you look at his stats closely, most of his wickets have come when the batsmen were trying to hit him out of the ground in final few overs. It wasn't that he was doing anything special.

I'd only say he has been quite lucky to get this many no. of wickets.

PS: And I haven't yet mentioned that how irritating are his antics on the field.

SG

Number of posts : 12806

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:01

Good fightback inspired by the enthusiasm of the increasing youth in the team.
That fightback was inspired by India's seniormost duo of Ganguly and Tendulkar, and Dhoni admitted as much, who also laid all the rumour mongering to rest about the fate of India's seniors.

Without them at the top of the order, India might've been all out for less than 200.

Last edited by on Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:05; edited 1 time in total

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:03

Ash wrote:
SG wrote:Kartik keeps intact his position of being a crap bowler in both forms of the game.

anyone that you actually rate, SG? 👅
Ash,

I must say, Kartik did surprise me. Dhoni even said that Kartik must've surprised himself as well.

I actually rate quite a few of Indian players.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:20

Should Yuvraj bat at 3 on a permanent basis? Uthappa looks a lot better as the innings finisher.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:22

Ross wrote:Definitely a choke. I blame everyone except Hodge.
Bwahahaha. As my dear departed old man said, "that farkin Hodge is useless, get him the fark away from the Australian side"
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105982
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:25

skully wrote:
Ross wrote:Definitely a choke. I blame everyone except Hodge.
As my dear departed old man said, "that farkin Hodge is useless, get him the fark away from the Australian side"
Ponting though refuses to blame Hodge for the loss.

He blames Hayden and Symonds instead.

Here is what he says,

Ponting, however, refused to blame the lower-middle order and said that the settled batsmen should have finished the job.

"I think lower-order batting is generally difficult in the subcontinent," Ponting said. "Someone like Hodge hasn't played much cricket here. I don't think it's what cost us the game. The guys who were in and established needed to bat through the innings. Not someone like Hodge or [James] Hopes. If Hayden or Symonds had batted through the innings we would have won the game."

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:27

Podge must give good he@d.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:28

Should Yuvraj bat at 3 on a permanent basis? Uthappa looks a lot better as the innings finisher.
I don't want to say about Yuvraj's batting slot, but he surely needs to be given more overs to bat.

As for Uthappa, yep he should be saved for late order assaults.

The way he walking down the wicket to someone as pacy as Lee, was such a sight.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:33

I can just see it now. Punter persists with the useless vomit until we are 3-2 down (with Podge making a stunning 4 and 2 in the next 2 games) then expects Haddin to step up. He fails and Punter blames him for the series loss. Faaaaarrrrrkkkk me.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next