Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct

+29
Henry
Leo
Brass Monkey
JKLever
S F Barnes
doctorspin
*Buckaroo*
embee
skully
HH_pink
G.Wood
JGK
horace
Jiffymix
furriner
Ross
Josh Carney
please don't yell
Invader Zim
tac
SG
Big Dog
Nath
PearlJ
Aathma
Ash
Chandan
filosofee
doremi
33 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct - Page 16 Empty Re: India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct

Post by Invader Zim Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:34

Ponting is a twit if those comments are true.

The bowling card looks a little odd too...the most expensive bowler (Ferny) bowled his ten while Lee (who was going at less than 4 runs an over) had 3 overs to spare.

Even Hopes and Hoggy!!! had an over to spare, and yet where going at 5 runs an over.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct - Page 16 Empty Re: India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:38

He fails and Punter blames him for the series loss.
I believe Hodge (Victoria) isn't Ponting's (Tasmania) statemate.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:42

The bowling card looks a little odd too...the most expensive bowler (Ferny) bowled his ten while Lee (who was going at less than 4 runs an over) had 3 overs to spare.

Even Hopes and Hoggy!!! had an over to spare, and yet where going at 5 runs an over.
Yep, Ponting's captaincy was quite poor yesterday.

This usually happens when you take interests in what your opposition is doing and not what you should've been doing.

I think Ponting got not to comment on what other teams are doing or should be doing for a change.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:52

SG wrote:
He fails and Punter blames him for the series loss.
I believe Hodge (Victoria) isn't Ponting's (Tasmania) statemate.
Erm, I didn't say he was SG. Punter is known for his support of various Aus team-mates. Roy's (a Qlder) career was in the toilet prior to the 2003 WC but Punter insisted on his inclusion in the squad. Roy delivered in (ahem) spades. He's now trying the same "I'll support you through thick and thin" with Podge. It's an ill-advised strategy in this case, IMHO.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Oct 2007, 04:58

You Aussies should be thankful that they're giving Hodge a good solid run in the side now to prove that he's not good enough rather than giving him a good run in an important test series.

At least they know for sure now that he's crap.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:07

Would Hodge have found a place in Aus's test batting lineup?

I doubt he'd've, even without all the failures he has in this ODI series.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:11

For all the talk of how crap he is, he does have a Test average of over 50. Even his harshest critics would admit that he was treated poorly when Symonds was picked ahead of him in South Africa last year.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:13

The Aussies don't just go by averages, they do look at how and when the runs were scored. One of the reasons why they keep finding match winners.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:14

he does have a Test average of over 50.
Bloated by that not out double ton, which even Aussie fans claim as one of the most meaningless double ton ever scored in test history.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:16

SG wrote:Would Hodge have found a place in Aus's test batting lineup?

I doubt he'd've, even without all the failures he has in this ODI series.
SG, there's been serious rumblings of using Hodge as a replacement for Langer at Test opener. I suspect that's why Punter is giving the vomit turd an extended run (of failures) to try and make him part of the "fabric" of the side. Fark him off for Haddit in the ODIs, and get Buck or Frog into the Test side. The selectors seem to have a "we owe Podge" mentality at the moment. FIIK why.

Last edited by on Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:18; edited 1 time in total
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:16

Lol. Me in 'defending an Aussie player' shock.

I need a drink.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:21

SG wrote:
he does have a Test average of over 50.
Bloated by that not out double ton, which even Aussie fans claim as one of the most meaningless double ton ever scored in test history.
Yup.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:24

Meaningless? The way Rudolph and Kemp batted with such ease on that final day, South Africa probably would have won that match without Hodge's double ton.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:30

The selectors seem to have a "we owe Podge" mentality at the moment. FIIK why.
Because they dropped him from the team after he scored a test double ton?

That way they owe a lot to Jason Gillespie as well. Would he too make a comeback for the next 2 test series?

In his pomp he could give McGrath a run for his money as world's best fast bowler. He was virtually unplayable during Australia's historic test series win in India in '04.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:32

SG wrote:
The selectors seem to have a "we owe Podge" mentality at the moment. FIIK why.
That way they owe a lot to Jason Gillespie as well. Would he too make a comeback for the next 2 test series?

In his pomp he could give McGrath a run for his money as world's best fast bowler. He was virtually unplayable during Australia's historic test series win in India in '04.
Good chance to make a comeback...they gave him a CA contract for this summer.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:33

SG wrote:Ponting though refuses to blame Hodge for the loss.

He blames Hayden and Symonds instead.

Didn't know Ponting had it in him to be sage.
Ross
Ross

Number of posts : 1033

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Oct 2007, 05:36

Gillespie is keeping it tight, but he hasnt regained any of his old penetration.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Tue 09 Oct 2007, 06:09

Ross wrote:
SG wrote:Ponting though refuses to blame Hodge for the loss.

He blames Hayden and Symonds instead.

Didn't know Ponting had it in him to be sage.

Ponting said in his rambling post match interview that if Hayden and Symonds hadn't got out when they did Australia could have won.

Meaning we were unlucky.
He was not criticising those two merely trying to deflect pressure on the poor batting performance of the rest of the team and undoubtedly the omission of Haddin for Hodge.

I still have the interview on HDD so can refer to the wordage.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 09 Oct 2007, 06:20

ponting put it more down to 'skill errors' esp re the number of wides bowled in the i/v i heard this am.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Minnesot Tue 09 Oct 2007, 06:26

horace wrote:ponting put it more down to 'skill errors' esp re the number of wides bowled in the i/v i heard this am.

Yes he did.
It was as I said a rambling speech that covered all bases he even mentioned the last two overs going for too many then concluded that it would make the series more interesting.

Minnesot

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Oct 2007, 06:28

So basically Ponting was drunk?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue 09 Oct 2007, 18:56

SG wrote:
santh is the leading wicket taker in the series
Ash,

If you look at his stats closely, most of his wickets have come when the batsmen were trying to hit him out of the ground in final few overs. It wasn't that he was doing anything special.

I'd only say he has been quite lucky to get this many no. of wickets.

PS: And I haven't yet mentioned that how irritating are his antics on the field.

c'mon credit where due. in the 1st two games, he was our most threating bowler. really earned his wickets. in the first odi especially, his 1st spell was world class. he was bowling at 90mph and swinging it both ways, had the batsmen in real trouble. regardless of his antics, he is a potential match winner and the aussies know it too.
Ash
Ash

India vs Australia, 4th ODI, Chandigarh, 8th Oct - Page 16 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16