Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa v Australia, 3rd ODI, Cape Town, Apr 9

+19
WIFAN
JKLever
Naeem
Nath
skully
Bradman
horace
lardbucket
Brass Monkey
Batman
Zat
Invader Zim
freddled gruntbuggly
taipan
embee
Red
JGK
Henry
LeFromage
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

South Africa v Australia, 3rd ODI, Cape Town, Apr 9 Empty South Africa v Australia, 3rd ODI, Cape Town, Apr 9

Post by LeFromage Tue 07 Apr 2009, 00:55

Shocked

Last edited by Dello on Sun 12 Apr 2009, 20:16; edited 1 time in total
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

South Africa v Australia, 3rd ODI, Cape Town, Apr 9 Empty Re: South Africa v Australia, 3rd ODI, Cape Town, Apr 9

Post by Henry Tue 07 Apr 2009, 02:38

The toss will probably decide it, so Australia will win this one.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

South Africa v Australia, 3rd ODI, Cape Town, Apr 9 Empty Re: South Africa v Australia, 3rd ODI, Cape Town, Apr 9

Post by JGK Tue 07 Apr 2009, 02:43

We're gonna get smashed again.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 07 Apr 2009, 04:21

JGK wrote:We're gonna get smashed again.

Not if we win the toss again, which seems likely as Sooky's forgotten how to win a toss. Teams batting under lights in Cape Town seem to capitulate which begs the question. Why do they play day-nighters at venues where the toss is so influential when they have at least a couple of inland venues they choose to play day matches at?

Meanwhile Punter has called for the batsmen to lift and in today's paper has suggested it's time that he himself made an ODI ton. It was also highlighted that since the home series against the Saffas started, our ODI openers have only had an opening partnership of over 30 twice in ten innings. Punter during Sunday's presentations speech bemoaned injuries to Marsh and Symonds but the latter has not scored consistent runs anywhere for some time now and the former was opener during the loss to SA at home in the ODIs. Maybe they have to look elsewhere in terms of openers.
http://content.cricinfo.com/rsavaus2009/content/story/398627.html
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 07 Apr 2009, 04:34

Some gossip on Sooky. Very Happy

Chelsy Davy parties the night away with cricketer Graeme Smith
London | April 04, 2009 2:46:44 PM IST

http://www.thetimes.co.za/PrintEdition/News/Article.aspx?id=974622
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 07 Apr 2009, 04:45

Red

I predict that Australia is a better JAMODI side with Bog and Roy than without them
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26212
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 07 Apr 2009, 05:15

embee wrote:Red

I predict that Australia is a better JAMODI side with Bog and Roy than without them

I would too, but implicit in my comments was the notion that it would be dangerous to place too much faith in their return restoring us to our more consistent ways. In other words, they're not the panacea to some of the problems we have. There are some fundamental structural problems and I'm not that happy with the batting order. I also think having two Husseys in the line-up is redundant. I also believe that David's lack of footwork finds him out if the ball is moving at all.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 07 Apr 2009, 05:31

Should be just one change or South Africa with Morne Morkel replacing Van Der Merwe. For Australia, Marcus North could replace the out of form Michael Clarke.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 07 Apr 2009, 07:58

I predict that Red will predict that Aus will win.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 07 Apr 2009, 08:01

I predict that Taipan will be happy with Red predicting an Australian win as Red's predictions normally turn out to be predictably wrong.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 07 Apr 2009, 08:53

Henry wrote:I predict that Taipan will be happy with Red predicting an Australian win as Red's predictions normally turn out to be predictably wrong.

Not lately.

I'll go with the toss in this match.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 07 Apr 2009, 08:55

Red wrote:
Henry wrote:I predict that Taipan will be happy with Red predicting an Australian win as Red's predictions normally turn out to be predictably wrong.

Not lately.

I'll go with the toss in this match.

Chicken
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Tue 07 Apr 2009, 10:56

Red wrote:
Not if we win the toss again, which seems likely as Sooky's forgotten how to win a toss.
That's what you said on Sunday. Would you care to have an each way bet, just to cover your bases?
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

South Africa v Australia, 3rd ODI, Cape Town, Apr 9 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2959

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 07 Apr 2009, 11:00

freddled gruntbuggly wrote:
Red wrote:
Not if we win the toss again, which seems likely as Sooky's forgotten how to win a toss.
That's what you said on Sunday. Would you care to have an each way bet, just to cover your bases?

My comment on the toss relates to the next match. I said the tosses are much less important in day encounters. It might be pointless analysing the teams and team changes et cetera prior to the Cape Town match when in fact the toss could render this redundant. Teams batting under lights at that venue can be even more compromised than the ones batting second in Durban.

I will be surprised if Punter doesn't win the toss though and if Australia does win, the mirror image scenario is really firmly on track.

As a matter of interest, will anyone else care to make a prediction? Remember some of the Aussies tipped a thrashing (not me) prior to the Durban match and that turned out to be well off the mark.

Looks like that SA will probably go with the same line-up, retaining Parnell, despite Arthur not wanting to rush him, and leaving out Ntini again.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Content/Cricket/AustraliaTourSA/855/99125dbc688f4b86a540ac0a02a4671f//No_way_in_for_Ntini
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Tue 07 Apr 2009, 11:55

I will be surprised if Punter doesn't win the toss though...
Really? I'd say it could go either way.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 07 Apr 2009, 11:57

Invader Zim wrote:

FFS Zimmy, it's a prediction.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 07 Apr 2009, 12:11

Red wrote:
As a matter of interest, will anyone else care to make a prediction? Remember some of the Aussies tipped a thrashing (not me) prior to the Durban match and that turned out to be well off the mark.

You still haven't worked out FOOWing yet , have you....
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26212
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Tue 07 Apr 2009, 12:11

With a coin toss, you can't predict, you can only guess.
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 07 Apr 2009, 12:16

freddled gruntbuggly wrote:With a coin toss, you can't predict, you can only guess.

Tell her that
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Tue 07 Apr 2009, 12:21

I've given up trying to tell the DBB anything.
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 08 Apr 2009, 03:59

taipan wrote:
Invader Zim wrote:

FFS Zimmy, it's a prediction.
What happens if the coin lands on its edge? Is the game abandoned?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 08 Apr 2009, 04:55

freddled gruntbuggly wrote:With a coin toss, you can't predict, you can only guess.

And you feral creature I never predicted the coin toss saying only I'd be surprised if Punter didn't win the toss which is akin to a guess really. I think we're into semantics here.

The funny thing about coin-tossing, a lot of money is invested in this guessing, predicting or otherwise, especially on Anzac Day when two-up becomes the preferred gambling outlet.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 08 Apr 2009, 06:47

Keep digging Debbie. Perhaps you should use a bigger shovel.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 08 Apr 2009, 07:45

Red wrote:

And you feral creature I never predicted the coin toss saying only I'd be surprised if Punter didn't win the toss which is akin to a guess really. I think we're into semantics here.

The funny thing about coin-tossing, a lot of money is invested in this guessing, predicting or otherwise, especially on Anzac ay when two-up becomes the preferred gambling outlet.

So if you said that you would be surprised if Australia didn't win, that wouldn't count as a prediction.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 08 Apr 2009, 08:35

taipan wrote:
Red wrote:

The funny thing about coin-tossing, a lot of money is invested in this guessing, predicting or otherwise, especially on Anzac ay when two-up becomes the preferred gambling outlet.

So if you said that you would be surprised if Australia didn't win, that wouldn't count as a prediction.

A prediction is when you say what you think will definitely happen. At no stage have I done that regarding the toss, though I did say I expect the winner of the toss to win the match if they bat first. That is tantamount to a prediction. Nothing else I've said is.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next