Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa v Australia, 4th ODI, Port Elizabeth, Apr 13

+11
PeterCS
mynah
JGK
Paul Keating
Batman
taipan
skully
Nath
Red
Bradman
Zat
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

South Africa v Australia, 4th ODI, Port Elizabeth, Apr 13 - Page 4 Empty Re: South Africa v Australia, 4th ODI, Port Elizabeth, Apr 13

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2009, 16:55

I missed it all 😢

Back to top Go down

South Africa v Australia, 4th ODI, Port Elizabeth, Apr 13 - Page 4 Empty Re: South Africa v Australia, 4th ODI, Port Elizabeth, Apr 13

Post by taipan Mon 13 Apr 2009, 16:57

Red wrote:This farkin Dutchman is befuddling us.

A bit of a racist taunt.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 13 Apr 2009, 17:00

Red wrote:Aussies doing it pretty easily at the moment which won't come as a surprise to Kaspa and co. who thought that SA were a bit short of par during their talk in the break of innings. They felt if Australia played cautiously at first and then accelerated it wasn't too much of an ask.

Haddin is killing them atm.

Thanks Red, you just made my day complete.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 13 Apr 2009, 17:01

Demelza wrote:I missed it all 😢

Kallis chiucked his wicket btw.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 13 Apr 2009, 17:25

Comprehensive win for the new OD champs.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Mon 13 Apr 2009, 19:07

Congrats Saffers. Well done. Expected results nevertheless. Glad Punter fell short of his captain's innings.....

aces
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 13 Apr 2009, 22:37

Red wrote:
Zat wrote:
taipan wrote:
Red wrote:Australia has beaten SA in seven of their eight matches here.

The Aussies have won seven of the eight ODI's they have played in PE, including a few thrillers during the 2003 World Cup.[/i]

So Aus played SA a few time during the WC?
Classic Red. A complete factual cock-up, a formating error, and no response when the gaping hole in the statement is pointed out.

Although I'm sure that at some stage she'll come back and find some way of trying to explain that she was right all along.

Once she's found another Mark Waugh dropped catch to orgasm about.

Another spelling error.

I was led to believe that he didn't drop them. It's amazing I even found any, and three in one innings!

Anyway I took that from a report on the web so they misled me but I admit it was wrong. But significantly Australia has won seven out their past eight matches in Port Elizabeth against various opposition so we do have a good record at this venue. And SA has won 15 out of its last 23 so it's not its greatest venue.

Just on Gibbs, I don't think I've been big on the fact that he was nearing the end but I would have thought he's still a risky proposition for their next World Cup campaign. He's a bit of a tease. Maybe once in every series he comes off with a big score but these days he seems to either fail or at best play a neat little cameo more often than not. They lost patience with this modus operandi in the test arena and I'm sure the selectors are still monitoring this trend with his ODI play.
So I make a typo that occurs at least 1.46 million times on a quick Google search, and that's what you come up with?

Here's a question for you then.... Given that there doesn't actually seem to be anybody here who appreciates your posts, why don't you try another forum? www.thegrandstand.net has a range of sports discussed there.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2009, 22:41

Given that there doesn't actually seem to be anybody here who appreciates your posts . . .
I think taipan enjoys them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2009, 22:43

taipan wrote:
Yes, I just watched the highlights. Wasn't his best match, was it?!
Good result though cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 13 Apr 2009, 23:23

Demelza wrote:
Given that there doesn't actually seem to be anybody here who appreciates your posts . . .
There's a big difference between appreciates and enjoys.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 14 Apr 2009, 00:48

well done done by the new champs...expect us to lose in the Pakster series esp with the low rent /high advertsing content team Hildy has selected
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 14 Apr 2009, 01:36

Zat wrote:
Here's a question for you then.... Given that there doesn't actually seem to be anybody here who appreciates your posts, why don't you try another forum? www.thegrandstand.net has a range of sports discussed there.

What did they do to annoy you?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26213
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 14 Apr 2009, 03:30

Zat wrote:
Red wrote:
Zat wrote:
taipan wrote:

The Aussies have won seven of the eight ODI's they have played in PE, including a few thrillers during the 2003 World Cup.[/i]

Classic Red. A complete factual cock-up, a formating error, and no response when the gaping hole in the statement is pointed out.

Although I'm sure that at some stage she'll come back and find some way of trying to explain that she was right all along.

Another spelling error.

I was led to believe that he didn't drop them. It's amazing I even found any, and three in one innings!

Anyway I took that from a report on the web so they misled me but I admit it was wrong. But significantly Australia has won seven out their past eight matches in Port Elizabeth against various opposition so we do have a good record at this venue. And SA has won 15 out of its last 23 so it's not its greatest venue.

Just on Gibbs, I don't think I've been big on the fact that he was nearing the end but I would have thought he's still a risky proposition for their next World Cup campaign. He's a bit of a tease. Maybe once in every series he comes off with a big score but these days he seems to either fail or at best play a neat little cameo more often than not. They lost patience with this modus operandi in the test arena and I'm sure the selectors are still monitoring this trend with his ODI play.
So I make a typo that occurs at least 1.46 million times on a quick Google search, and that's what you come up with?

Who would you have to relentlessly abuse?
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 14 Apr 2009, 03:34

taipan wrote:

Even chucked it away, as did his skipper. Kallis also bowled poorly but he's been ok during this series so is allowed an indifferent match.

After the Durban encounter, Australia has been pretty much flogged. Not surprising in that the team has chopped and changed so much over the past six months or so. We've won only four of thirteen played this year.

Kaspa and co. were wrong to assume that Australia would get the runs, even though we preserved our early wickets better than the saffers. 318 was always going to be tough. Punter said he still thinks it was the right decision to field first as he thought there was enough in the pitch early to make batting second an advantage.

SA is now the first team to beat Australia in three successive bi-lateral ODI tournaments. I think we might have dropped down to third in the rankings which demonstrates how we're struggling in this format. Maybe it's time to relieve Punter's burden and install another one day captain so he can focus on his test career.

BTW, the crowd was impressive in its size and the volume of noise produced, including the accompanying music.

And Steyn was hitting nearly 153km's in his last over. I think they might replace Parnell with the oversized Morkel in the last game. And I hope they play Vaughn V. so we can see him in the field.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 14 Apr 2009, 05:51

Red wrote:
Zat wrote:
Red wrote:
Zat wrote:
taipan wrote:

Another spelling error.

Who would you have to relentlessly abuse?
FFS. You're not an attention whore, you're an attention slut.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 14 Apr 2009, 05:53

embee wrote:
Zat wrote:

What did they do to annoy you?
I haven't been there for ages, but I believe the Austrian posts there.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 14 Apr 2009, 06:57

Zat wrote:
Demelza wrote:
There's a big difference between appreciates and enjoys.

And between irritating the living shit out of with factual inaccuracies which she fails to admit to.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 14 Apr 2009, 10:52

No need to get annoyed by Red, she's obviously got mental problems - who would carry out the same act over 2 different forums...?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 14 Apr 2009, 12:00

JKLever wrote:No need to get annoyed by Red, she's obviously got mental problems - who would carry out the same act over 2 different forums...?

You are stalking her?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 14 Apr 2009, 12:03

No, I read both forums?
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 14 Apr 2009, 12:08

JKLever wrote:No need to get annoyed by Red, she's obviously got mental problems - who would carry out the same act over 2 different forums...?

Really.

But you don't chastise Demelza for posting on two forums and using different names.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2009, 12:20

Three actually.

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 14 Apr 2009, 12:22

Red wrote:

Really.

But you don't chastise Demelza for posting on two forums and using different names.

I'm not having a go for posting on 2 forums, merely for dragging your attention seeking mentalist act out over both of them.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 14 Apr 2009, 12:24

JKLever wrote:
Red wrote:

Really.

I'm not having a go for posting on 2 forums, merely for dragging your attention seeking mentalist act out over both of them.

No need to get annoyed by Red, she's obviously got mental problems
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 14 Apr 2009, 12:36

Very Happy

Git
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next