Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula One World Championship

+26
tricycle
Paul Keating
beamer
DJ_Smerk
embee
eowyn
Chivalry Augustus
horace
lardbucket
G.Wood
ever hopeful
Hass
skully
Zat
taipan
Henry
Nath
PeterCS
JKLever
Big_Bad_Bob
LeFromage
Mick Sawyer
Merlin
Bradman
JGK
WideWally
30 posters

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Formula One World Championship - Page 31 Empty Re: Formula One World Championship

Post by beamer Fri 10 Oct 2014, 07:58

Rossi will not drive in this race although he was entered, they have prepared a second car with Bianchi's number on it and will race only with Chilton.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Formula One World Championship - Page 31 Empty Re: Formula One World Championship

Post by lardbucket Mon 03 Nov 2014, 04:45

Hamilton has the season virtually sewn up after another win in the US GP.

Rosberg, likewise, has second place sewn up.

I think a Rosberg win in Brazil, combined with a Hamilton DNF, might just bring the last race back into play as a 'decider'.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38126
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Nov 2014, 07:16

lardbucket wrote:Hamilton has the season virtually sewn up after another win in the US GP.

I think a Rosberg win in Brazil, combined with a Hamilton DNF, might just bring the last race back into play as a 'decider'.
Even if Hamilton wins the next race and Rosberg doesn't finish, he could still win if Hamilton retires in the last race and Rosberg wins because of this stupid 50 point for the last race idea.

Reminds me of "added time multi ball" from this advert:

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 03 Nov 2014, 08:14

Two seconds would do it, so basically Lewis just has to avoid crashing or breaking down in the remaining races.

They should agree before Abu Dhabi that whoever would have won under the conventional points system will be recognised as the champion by Mercedes, then if there is an injustice the FIA can correct the record books in the future.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 03 Nov 2014, 09:40

vilkrang wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Hamilton has the season virtually sewn up after another win in the US GP.

Even if Hamilton wins the next race and Rosberg doesn't finish, he could still win if Hamilton retires in the last race and Rosberg wins because of this stupid 50 point for the last race idea.

Reminds me of "added time multi ball" from this advert:

Ah. I totally forgot the last race had double points!

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 03 Nov 2014, 09:48

One of the most stupid sports decisions I can remember.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 05 Nov 2014, 20:28

Brazil GP this weekend; Hamilton seems likely to go one step closer to nailing down this year's crown.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Wed 05 Nov 2014, 20:33

This race is almost meaningless in the title context if you assume the only positions open to the Mercedes are 1, 2 and DNF. Hamilton wins, he doesn't really gain anything given the double points decider (even if Rosberg crashes/retires). Finish second and it's still in his hands. As long as he finishes it's as you were...

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 05 Nov 2014, 20:51

Or ... if Hamilton is still in the championship lead after this race, but not an unbeatable lead, the stage is set for him to ensure a double DNF in the last race! What price a ruthless first corner pile up in that event?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Wed 05 Nov 2014, 21:08

Schumacher had his season's points wiped out for trying to do that on Villeneuve... don't think we will see that again unless it's a genuine racing incident, in which case the leader has the most to lose. Two seconds will do it for Lewis so he just has to hope the car holds out really, and he doesn't trip over a careless backmarker or have his pit crew cock up etc...

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 05 Nov 2014, 21:12

You have more belief in F1 drivers and mechanics behaving ethically than I do!

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Wed 05 Nov 2014, 21:16

lardbucket wrote:You have more belief in F1 drivers and mechanics behaving ethically than I do!
Only because they know disqualifications and bans will be the result in this day and age. Although Mercedes engineering something dodgy in the pit lane isn't out of the question if they want their German (with a dash of Finland and Monaco) champion.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 05 Nov 2014, 21:28

Thought about that too, but they'd save that for the last race, if at all, surely.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 05 Nov 2014, 23:13

lardbucket wrote:Or ... if Hamilton is still in the championship lead after this race, but not an unbeatable lead, the stage is set for him to ensure a double DNF in the last race! What price a ruthless first corner pile up in that event?

Pretty sure that's how Schumi won one of his titles.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed 05 Nov 2014, 23:33

That was when Schumi ran into Hill in what was it '96? But Schumi got away with it.

Then when Schumi ran into Villenevue in Japan a year or two later. I don't think he got penalised? I think Schumi came off the worse and was unable to continue the race.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Formula One World Championship - Page 31 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 06 Nov 2014, 05:45

Paul Keating wrote:That was when Schumi ran into Hill in what was it '96? But Schumi got away with it.

Then when Schumi ran into Villenevue in Japan a year or two later. I don't think he got penalised? I think Schumi came off the worse and was unable to continue the race.

That was it. Put himself out of the race doing it and Hill limped on. The look of jubilation on the qunts face when Hill pulled out should have seen him rubbed out forever.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 06 Nov 2014, 05:54

Senna did it to Prost too didn't he?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 06 Nov 2014, 06:05

A retired F! champ accused him of cheating on the spot from memory.

Though Senna was to crashes was what Ksr was to run outs.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 06 Nov 2014, 06:12

Bradman wrote:A retired F! champ accused him of cheating on the spot from memory.

Though Senna was to crashes was what Ksr was to run outs.

And Schumacher to Boycott?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 06 Nov 2014, 06:20

This thread is starting to list a lot of qunts.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Thu 06 Nov 2014, 07:49

Paul Keating wrote:That was when Schumi ran into Hill in what was it '96? But Schumi got away with it.

The second time he had his entire season's results nullified. Whether they would have done that had he gone on to win, I'm not sure...

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 06 Nov 2014, 09:52

lardbucket wrote:Brazil GP this weekend; Hamilton seems likely to go one step closer to nailing down this year's crown.
.... unless the Rosberg mechanics get to within six inches of Hamilton's car! Very Happy

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 09 Nov 2014, 10:20

Qualifying: 1. Rosberg, 2. Hamilton, and 3. Massa (Williams) on his home circuit

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 09 Nov 2014, 21:03

... and that's how they finished, too.

RESULTS

So if Hamilton can finish ahead of Rosberg, or even 2nd behind Rosberg, he will win the championship (again).

To win, Rosberg needs to win the race, with Hamilton finishing 3rd or worse; anything less than a win for Rosberg and he needs Hamilton to finish well down the order.

I think Ricciardo will finish 3rd for the year, regardless of results in the last race.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 10 Nov 2014, 09:18

Wow, you sense a real dislike between the two Mercedes drivers!
The body language between them and the avoidance of each other after
the preliminary handshake post race in the dis-robing area said it all.
They both clearly went out of their way in that confined space to avoid each other,
eye contact was zero and their movements keeping them deliberately away from the
others space!

Then  - in walked Massa .... and the temperature in the room rose a fraction!

Hamilton gave him a warm bear-hug and engaged him in deep conversation ...
then abruptly moved away as Rosberg came across and into their space to join in ....

I got the distinct feeling watching this charade, that one of them will not be driving for Merc next year -

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next