Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do rows erupt when Australia play Asia, asks Younis

+16
Ash
PearlJ
PlanetPakistan
spangler
LeFromage
holcs
Bradman
Merlin
tac
embee
JKLever
Brass Monkey
Nath
taipan
Zat
SG
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why do rows erupt when Australia play Asia, asks Younis - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do rows erupt when Australia play Asia, asks Younis

Post by spangler Tue 28 Apr 2009, 22:34

Maybe.

It's a youtube video though, so not in any way conclusive. If he's found to be a chucker in testing then do the neccesary but as a piece of evidence that video is guff.
spangler
spangler

Why do rows erupt when Australia play Asia, asks Younis - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Why do rows erupt when Australia play Asia, asks Younis - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do rows erupt when Australia play Asia, asks Younis

Post by Ash Tue 28 Apr 2009, 22:43

india-australia have a decent enough relationship, monkey-gate notwithstanding. no need to generalise younis - fight your own battles.

Last edited by Ash on Tue 28 Apr 2009, 22:46; edited 1 time in total
Ash
Ash

Why do rows erupt when Australia play Asia, asks Younis - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PearlJ Tue 28 Apr 2009, 22:44

Ash wrote:india-australia have a decent enough relationship, monkey-gate notwithstanding. no need to generalise waqar - fight your own battles.

Other one.
PearlJ
PearlJ

Why do rows erupt when Australia play Asia, asks Younis - Page 2 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3599

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Tue 28 Apr 2009, 22:46

cheers.
Ash
Ash

Why do rows erupt when Australia play Asia, asks Younis - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 28 Apr 2009, 23:10

very impressive dem.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 29 Apr 2009, 02:04

There are a lot of Aussie fans who think Lee is a chucker. Or has been at times. Likewise Tait. And I don't recall any Aussie sooking about such comments.

Maybe some people need to GTFU. And anyone making suggestions that the laws be changed, by a 'few degrees' to allow the doosra is a dickhead. Might as well allow baseball pitching.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 29 Apr 2009, 02:10

New Zealand don't have anyone worth testing.

Kyle Mills should be. Looks blatent sometimes.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 02:19

PearlJ wrote:
Ash wrote:india-australia have a decent enough relationship, monkey-gate notwithstanding. no need to generalise waqar - fight your own battles.

Other one.
ummm...you mean "doosra"? 👅
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 07:05

Ash wrote:india-australia have a decent enough relationship

Yeah right. Imagine if it was Harbhajan called, as he should be.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 29 Apr 2009, 07:22

I believe Lee pings the majority of his deliveries.

Mo Asif also looks a bit throwy if you ask me.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 08:49

Dello wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:Because usually the Asian teams are overtly indignant.

That, and the Aussies are a massive bunch of qunts.

Yup.

Seem to recall England and James Kirtley took it on the chin when his action was reported. And I don't remember too much sooking from the Aussies when Brett Lee was tested.

Botha and SA have reacted quite positively to the recent questioning of his action.

Don't think the Windies have kicked up much of a stink over their various loose-elbowed "bowlers" over the years. (Lawson and Samuels, off the top of my head.)

New Zealand don't have anyone worth testing.

But it's a global conspiracy to keep the Asians in their place whenever the action of a Sri Lankan, Pakistani or Indian is queried.

Bunch of chippy sooks, the lot of them.

Really? How did you deduce that Sherlock?

Bhajji was reported first around 1998 [allegedly on the behest of the then BCCI consultant from Aus Bob Simpson] before Tubby Taylor and his men landed on Indian shores. The BCCI didn't throw a fit and duely send Bhajji for 'correction' to Fred Titmus in England. It was plain non-sensical that despite some of the best ex-spinners available in India, ICC sent him all the way to London to seek someone inspite of the availabilty in India of spin legends like Bedi, Venkat, Prasanna etc. He was again reported for his Doosra later against Bangladesh and he quietly went about business. The only fuss that happened was when the Press and the media questioned the rights of match referee Chris Broad taking suo moto action without any umpires refering Bhajji or calling him.

I would have you know that BCCI has actually put in a voluntary mechanism to screen domestic players for suspect actions and take neccesary compliance and remedial measures for the same. The just concluded domestic season saw 30 lads reported and send for remedy, including veteran domestic/international like Sharandeep Singh [played the Bangla's first international test in 2000] and also Mohammad Kaif, who came in as a part time spinner.

The only people who kicked up a fuss were people backing MuMu and then the Pakistanis in a couple of cases.

Please don't mix cases up and broadly slang the Asians and Indians in particular based on your misconceptions. The other controversies surrounding Bhajji like Monkeygate, slapping Sree etc. has nothing to do with the way he responded top getting reported for suspect bowling action. He went about with due precedure prescribed by the ICC.

Last edited by Batman on Wed 29 Apr 2009, 08:58; edited 2 times in total
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 08:53

He still pings the doosra
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 08:56

taipan wrote:He still pings the doosra

My point to JD was not about his doosra but his misconception that Indians have fussy about reported bowlers unlike the other 'non-Asian' teams.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 08:58

Batman wrote:

My point to JD was not about his doosra but his misconception that Indians have fussy about reported bowlers unlike the other 'non-Asian' teams.

The only fuss that happened was when the Press and the media questioned the rights of match referee Chris Broad taking suo moto action without any umpires refering Bhajji or calling him.

Make up your mind.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:02

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

The only fuss that happened was when the Press and the media questioned the rights of match referee Chris Broad taking suo moto action without any umpires refering Bhajji or calling him.

Make up your mind.

The media are within their rights to question the motives of a referee who acts out of his brief on his own. It is not the same as BCCI or Bhajji's captain then, Ganguly did not sook about it, like Ranatunga [MuMu] or YK just did. Big difference.

Don't nitpick for the sake of nitpicking. Get a job as an editor in which case.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:03

Stop being a twat.

You said Indians did not make a fuss. They did.

Say what you mean in future.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:04

Don't nitpick for the sake of nitpicking

What are the valid excuses for nitpicking?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26209
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:06

taipan wrote:Stop being a twat.

I suppose some Indian media people or fans = all Indians, no?
All views expressed in Aus media = all Aussies?
That means JD can slang off all Indians and Asians based on a Pakistani or a Lankan captain's actions no?

Jeez, get a life and stop being a pest.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:08

Nits .... but I'm guessing here.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:11

Batman wrote:

That means JD can slang off all Indians and Asians based on a Pakistani or a Lankan captain's actions no?

Vikas for once in your life you can admit to having screwed up. The world will still turn. People won't think any the less of you. In fact they might even respect you for once.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:20

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Vikas for once in your life you can admit to having screwed up. The world will still turn. People won't think any the less of you. In fact they might even respect you for once.

Screwed up over what? The thread starts with YK alleging a conspiracy over his bowler being called. Then JD slams Indians and Asians in calling them sookers for the same when fact is that no Indian captain or player sooked over a bowler being called for suspect action. I merely pointed out the flaw in his rationale. You are the one who is obsessed with stirring pots over typos, grammars and irrelevant details. Almost a majority of the people here get the point most of the times without picking on words except you. For you it just a game, pointless and irrelevant it may be.

Also I don't seek respect from anyone here. Don't need it. Not from you or anyone else for that matter. People here do not influence my life. This is just a forum. You are taking it too seriously if you are seeking respect here. Speak for yourself.

Just get a job as an editor. You are wasting your competency on this forum.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:22

Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Screwed up over what? The thread starts with YK alleging a conspiracy over his bowler being called. Then JD slams Indians and Asians in calling them sookers for the same when fact is that no Indian captain or player sooked over a bowler being called for suspect action. I merely pointed out the flaw in his rationale. You are the one who is obsessed with stirring pots over typos, grammars and irrelevant details and making an arse of yourself in the process. Almost a majority of the people here get the point without picking on words except you. And I don't seek respect from anyone here. Not from you or anyone else for that matter. People here do not influence my life. This is just a forum. You are taking it too seriously if you are seeking respect here. Speak for yourself.

Ah the irony.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:24

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:
taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

Screwed up over what? The thread starts with YK alleging a conspiracy over his bowler being called. Then JD slams Indians and Asians in calling them sookers for the same when fact is that no Indian captain or player sooked over a bowler being called for suspect action. I merely pointed out the flaw in his rationale. You are the one who is obsessed with stirring pots over typos, grammars and irrelevant details and making an arse of yourself in the process. Almost a majority of the people here get the point without picking on words except you. And I don't seek respect from anyone here. Not from you or anyone else for that matter. People here do not influence my life. This is just a forum. You are taking it too seriously if you are seeking respect here. Speak for yourself.

Ah the irony.

Yes. Life is full of it. Everywhere. Everyone.
Looks to me like you are having the most boring day at work today.....It's just one more day into weekend from here on.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:31

You must have a shit job , Vikas ...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26209
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 29 Apr 2009, 09:37

Merlin wrote:

Nits .... but I'm guessing here.
Ask a monkey...

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next