Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite Indian dish (meal)

+21
Henry Nolonga
JGK
jim rich
Mick Sawyer
SG
horace
DJ_Smerk
Big_Bad_Bob
Hass
philcric
JKLever
doremi
spangler
The One
Batman
Merlin
taipan
Brass Monkey
PeterCS
tac
filosofee
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Your favourite Indian dish (meal) - Page 3 Empty Re: Your favourite Indian dish (meal)

Post by Batman Thu 25 Jun 2009, 09:23

The One wrote:
Batman wrote:
The One wrote:no meat?

Pure vegeterian. No meat and eggs and also no drinking beer/alchohol and no smoking as well. I go all the way in my specific vegeterian eating and living habits.

probably healthy, but sounds really boring. if you have never had any of the above you have no idea how much you are missing from life

I don't think I am missing out on anything. One's food habits and likes are cultivated since one is born in the place one lives, the culture one follows and the people one lives with. One's needs are defined by these circumstances. So it does not change anything in the end for me because I am happy with my eating habits and don't feel like I am missing out on anything. Food is just one small thing in many things we enjoy in life. I have enough to choose from veg deilights for variety to whet my appetite.
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Indian dish (meal) - Page 3 Empty Re: Your favourite Indian dish (meal)

Post by The One Thu 25 Jun 2009, 09:27

Batman wrote:I don't think I am missing out on anything. One's food habits and likes are cultivated since one is born in the place one lives, the culture one follows and the people one lives with. One's needs are defined by these circumstances.

very adventurous. life is more fun when you try new things instead what is forced upon you by your own culture or family. of course you will never realise this till you actually make the first jump. there is a whole new exciting world out there, you dont need to remain in your 'village'. unless you prefer to of course

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Jun 2009, 09:29

Batman wrote:
I don't think I am missing out on anything. One's food habits and likes are cultivated since one is born in the place one lives, the culture one follows and the people one lives with.

How do you know unless you try?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Thu 25 Jun 2009, 09:30

JGK wrote:Is your favourite food dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner, Batman?

Not really. My wife cooks up different things for dinners for me on most days so it's isn't really that much of the same dal/sabzi/roti/rice routine. My lunch at officeis however set with home cooked lunchbox and additional canteen buys like cut fruits, juices and lassi. I like eating healthy, but at the same time I eat a lot of veggie snacks at home [prepared] or outside like Bhel, Pav Bhaji in evenings etc.

Once a week we eat out and try other varieties in continental, chinese etc in veg fare. So it's really not as boring as it sounds. Being veggie doesn't really mean eating same food everyday. You would be surprised if I told you that there is as much variety in veg food as in non-veg to choose from. I do get to eat enough varieties regularly to avoid monotony in food.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Thu 25 Jun 2009, 09:35

The One wrote:very adventurous. life is more fun when you try new things instead what is forced upon you by your own culture or family. of course you will never realise this till you actually make the first jump. there is a whole new exciting world out there, you dont need to remain in your 'village'. unless you prefer to of course

My food choices as an adult are my own and unforced by my family. It's not like anyone at home will know or object if I try these things outside at office or with friends hanging out. But it is strictly my choice. I am quite happy with my food choices. There even aren't enough days in a month to try out most of my favourite foods in the first place. For seeking fun, I prefer trekking, holidaying and hiking when I can find time for it. If nothing else is possible, I find lazing around at home doing nothing sometimes exciting as well. Very Happy

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:
I don't think I am missing out on anything. One's food habits and likes are cultivated since one is born in the place one lives, the culture one follows and the people one lives with.

What is wrong if I don't try and don't want to know?
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Jun 2009, 09:37

Batman wrote:
The One wrote:very adventurous. life is more fun when you try new things instead what is forced upon you by your own culture or family. of course you will never realise this till you actually make the first jump. there is a whole new exciting world out there, you dont need to remain in your 'village'. unless you prefer to of course

My food choices as an adult are my own and unforced by my family. It's not like anyone at home will know or object if I try these things outside at office or with friends hanging out. But it is strictly my choice. I am quite happy with my food choices. There even aren't enough days in a month to try out most of my favourite foods in the first place. For seeking fun, I prefer trekking, holidaying and hiking when I can find time for it. If nothing else is possible, I find lazing around at home doing nothing sometimes exciting as well. Very Happy

taipan wrote:
Batman wrote:

What is wrong if I don't try and don't want to know?

I just think you are being arrogant in the extreme.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Thu 25 Jun 2009, 09:42

Batman wrote:What is wrong if I don't try and don't want to know?

no problem. the problem is this statement

"I don't think I am missing out on anything"

you can just say you dont want to try new things

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by jim rich Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:08

I just think you are being arrogant in the extreme
What has arrogance got to do with someone's likes and dislikes? Batman is clearly a vegetarian and likes it that way, which really should be of no concern to you. Let me tell you; Indian vegetarian food is very healthy/tasty and the varieties offered can keep you going for months without the need for any form of meat. Maybe you should try it - personally I think you need it.

jim rich

Number of posts : 829
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:10

jim rich wrote:
What has arrogance got to do with someone's likes and dislikes? Batman is clearly a vegetarian and likes it that way, which really should be of no concern to you. Let me tell you; Indian vegetarian food is very healthy/tasty and the varieties offered can keep you going for months without the need for any form of meat. Maybe you should try it - personally I think you need it.

No one had a problem with likes and dislikes. The problem is that batty is making a judgement without trying the product.

Read TO's post,
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Nolonga Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:14

Just had my favourite last night. My mum's spicy kheema.
Henry Nolonga
Henry Nolonga

Number of posts : 1639
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:17

Batman wrote:

Pure vegeterian. No meat and eggs and also no drinking beer/alchohol and no smoking as well. I go all the way in my specific vegeterian eating and living habits.
How come you're such a fat qunt, then? Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:18

skully wrote:
Batman wrote:

Shit, almost choked there.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:19

Hehe, the danger of posting yourself on Youtube. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:23

skully wrote:Hehe, the danger of posting yourself on Youtube. Cool

Did you actually watch it?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:40

I couldn't help myself. It was like watching a car crash. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:42

skully wrote:I couldn't help myself. It was like watching a car crash. Cool

But not as funny?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Thu 25 Jun 2009, 23:01

Henry Nolonga wrote:Just had my favourite last night. My mum's spicy kheema.

Love keema matar, keema naan, keema anything! (And matar paneer, sag paneer, sag aloo)

Kudos to the non-Subis here and their knowledge/experience of Indian dishes Smile
filosofee
filosofee

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 25 Jun 2009, 23:43

filosofee wrote:

Love keema matar, keema naan, keema anything! (And matar paneer, sag paneer, sag aloo)

Kudos to the non-Subis here and their knowledge/experience of Indian dishes Smile

Nice of you to be so narrow-minded about it as well . . . clown
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by filosofee Fri 26 Jun 2009, 00:10

tac wrote:
filosofee wrote:

Nice of you to be so narrow-minded about it as well . . . clown

Viewed from your negative perspective resulting from a nugatory life! Very Happy
filosofee
filosofee

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2007-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 26 Jun 2009, 01:30

Careful, filo. tac likes a girl with balls and impressive language.

Also, he likes to be called "nuggety".
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 26 Jun 2009, 02:42

PeterCS wrote:Careful, filo. tac likes a girl with balls and impressive language.

Also, he likes to be called "nuggety".

You on the prowl for a bit of rough sex again, Pete? Sorry, mate, appreciate your offer, but no thanks . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Tue 07 Jul 2009, 06:26

The One wrote:
Batman wrote:What is wrong if I don't try and don't want to know?

no problem. the problem is this statement

"I don't think I am missing out on anything"

you can just say you dont want to try new things

taipan wrote:
jim rich wrote:

No one had a problem with likes and dislikes. The problem is that batty is making a judgement without trying the product.

Read TO's post,

The fact remains I dont feel like I am missing anything. Again that is a train of thought relevant ONLY to me and cannot be interpreted as judgemental unless I am passing a judgement on others here who are eating it. It's all about one's mental comfort. I simply don't think I am missing anything, if I am not trying out any meat fare. Why is it extreme and arrogant in any way? How can someone miss something they have not tried, have no feel for or are not habituated to? It is still a part of personal jurisdiction.

Infact, I would think that the 2 of you are getting judgemental by calling me extreme and arrogant over my personal eating habits just because I said I missing nothing by not trying out some of the stuff.
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Tue 07 Jul 2009, 06:36

skully wrote:
Batman wrote:

I don't think that can be called very 'fat'. That would be really lardy fellows measuring close to 100 kg or more. But definately, I had gained some weight back then. That video is 2 years old and I have lost weight since then. It had nothing to do with food or eating habits but was a result of long sitting hours working and not enough exercise. Working long hours sitting at office and then at home after office as freelancer till very late nights, and not enough exercise back then. I exercise regularly now and eat more healthy and natural food.

Last edited by Batman on Tue 07 Jul 2009, 07:52; edited 1 time in total
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 07 Jul 2009, 07:29

FFS Batty I hope you are quicker with the put downs on stage.

You took almost 2 weeks to respond to that.

And I notice that you didn't deny the second half of the statement.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Tue 07 Jul 2009, 07:57

There has to be a case for denial in the first place. Suffice it to say, there is none. I took 2 weeks to respond since I had not gone through a lot of threads being on a forum sabbatical for more than a week in between. Again it has nothing to with my onstage timing and only demonstrates your willingness to be judgemental about it even if it is a passing quip, non-serious in nature. Nevertheless.....

Laughing Twisted Evil
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next