Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things which are of no interest to anyone else

+27
Basil
furriner
DJ_Smerk
holcs
Eric Air Emu
Sasha
JKLever
Merlin
eowyn
Jontyh
doremi
PlanetPakistan
horace
Demelza
Winkle Spinner
simkat
taipan
Brass Monkey
skully
footwork
lardbucket
bodyline
Bradman
PeterCS
G.Wood
tac
ever hopeful
31 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Empty Re: Things which are of no interest to anyone else

Post by tac Tue 13 Oct 2009, 03:44

Sounds awfully like horrie . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Empty Re: Things which are of no interest to anyone else

Post by simkat Tue 13 Oct 2009, 03:46

Shhhh. Horrie makes me laugh, too What a Face
simkat
simkat

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-12-26
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 13 Oct 2009, 08:33

simkat wrote:Shhhh. Horrie makes me laugh, too What a Face

I think most of us laugh at Horrie.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 13 Oct 2009, 15:27

Nope, went for the old beans on toast instead.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 13 Oct 2009, 17:26

simkat wrote:This guy makes me laugh Cool

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

Has he seriously got 500k followers? I have no idea about twitter... but that is some funny shizz!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Tue 13 Oct 2009, 17:34

I used to enjoy a good ol' twittering. Now I find it dull and tedious.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 13 Oct 2009, 20:52

Does anyone here ever try and get away with wearing a hat as a style statement (rather than to keep warm or keep the sun off)? I'm afraid that when I was a student in the 80s I went out and about in a somewhat wankish black trilby for a while. Thought I was the business! Can anyone pull off the hat look without looking a right Bono?
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Tue 13 Oct 2009, 21:31

When I was in my early 20's I used to wear a pink beret at a very jaunty angle.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Tue 13 Oct 2009, 22:20

I quickly learned that berets were great for the cold, in the UK. Wore them with gloves and scarves for necessity, but ended up quite enjoying the experience - not the cold though. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Affraid

When attending cricket matches, one has to wear a trendy sunhat to shade one's fair skin, so one buys one at an exclusive dept store; and given sunhats are not a trendy item, feels like a twerp actually wearing it. One decides to sit in the covered stands ever after. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

Went to two weddings recently, where the groomsmen wore black suits and shirts, braces and black hats. Quirky. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_cool
footwork
footwork

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Wed 14 Oct 2009, 00:01

I really love hats, but as you say, these days you can't really wear one and look normal, let alone cool. Have to say though, I think women can get away with it better. Berets are quite cool, as are those cloche hats that flappers wore. If I could only justify it then I'd get a fedora, or maybe even a stetson!
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 14 Oct 2009, 07:16

footwork wrote:I quickly learned that berets were great for the cold, in the UK. Wore them with gloves and scarves for necessity, but ended up quite enjoying the experience - not the cold though. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Affraid

When attending cricket matches, one has to wear a trendy sunhat to shade one's fair skin, so one buys one at an exclusive dept store; and given sunhats are not a trendy item, feels like a twerp actually wearing it. One decides to sit in the covered stands ever after. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

Went to two weddings recently, where the groomsmen wore black suits and shirts, braces and black hats. Quirky. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_cool

The mafia has reached Aussie?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 14 Oct 2009, 08:15

hmmn...am afraid I wear hats...not to be cool...rather to stay warm in winter (i too like berets, also old woolen caps) and in the shade in summer - panamas mainly and occasionally dust off one of the trilbies (when I feel like resembling a bookie)
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Wed 14 Oct 2009, 09:21

holcs wrote:
simkat wrote:This guy makes me laugh Cool

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays

Has he seriously got 500k followers? I have no idea about twitter... but that is some funny shizz!

Funny shizz alright. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it to a million soon. I love getting his stuff in my time-line - it's like 'quote of the day' on crack geek

And if you like twitter crack, another very funny one to follow/read is Misha Collins:

http://twitter.com/mishacollins

It's confusing to read it from newest to oldest tweets, so if you were inclined to read all of them I would recommend starting at the beginning. He has some funny earlier tweets about England and the Queen (when he was in Birgmingham for the Asylum convention.) geek

I like twitter - it's where all the crazy people gather! cheers
simkat
simkat

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 14 Oct 2009, 09:25

simkat wrote:I like twitter - it's where all the crazy people gather! cheers

I thought that was FB.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 14 Oct 2009, 09:37

I once pondered the idea of making a twitter account for FB. To keep unwary followers abreast of what is going on.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Wed 14 Oct 2009, 10:11

[quote="taipan"]
footwork wrote:

The mafia has reached Aussie?

Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
That's exactly how they looked! Although they were trying more for 'Jazz - 40s style' I think. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Fresse

It's a very popular wedding look for men atm, but as eh says, you need a certain flair to pull it off.

A la that 'wedding entrance' on youtube which went worldwide, at the first of the weddings they all jigged and danced their way up the aisle too. I swear sometimes it helps not to ask questions, just enter into the spirit of things. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_sunny
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Wed 14 Oct 2009, 12:23

footwork wrote: I swear sometimes it helps not to ask questions, just enter into the spirit of things. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_sunny
applause Well said! With the obvious exception of cases like nazi Germany this is in fact a very good rule for life. Some people make so much effort not to join that they end up standing out like a sore thumb. E.g. This often applies to social occasions when people are required to sing. Regardless of your confidence, you should just belt it out and enjoy yourself because if you look down and mumble at the floor you'll only embarrass yourself even more and possibly ruin the atmosphere to boot. (Of course it's easier said than done, particularly if the others are all more drunk than you!)
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Wed 14 Oct 2009, 22:38

You're that drunk who stood up and made a complete fool of himself the other night at the karaoke bar, arncha!! Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_razz

Whenever I think of joining in, a picture of My Best Friend's Wedding comes to mind, where Cameron Diaz is tricked into singing to her Beloved in a karaoke bar. She has the most godawful voice, but does it anyway and wins her Beloved's respect even more. Quite amusant, in a chick-flick kinda way.

In a recent survey, people ranked the things they feared most. First came Public Speaking, second was Death. Couldn't believe it. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_eek
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 14 Oct 2009, 22:52

Death has risen in rankings . . . used to come in 4th
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Wed 14 Oct 2009, 23:20

I'll have you know I used to sing and play piano in pubs for a living for a while.
Actually that's a lie, it was more of a hobby and it didn't pay well at all.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Thu 15 Oct 2009, 07:14

'Sing us a song, you're the piano man...'

Were ya better drunk or sober? Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_lol Weddings - a much more civilised option if you ask me.

My kitty scratched my brand new leather couch today. Still haven't decided if it's a capital punishment offence. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 10 Icon_twisted
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 15 Oct 2009, 07:18

footwork wrote:Whenever I think of joining in, a picture of My Best Friend's Wedding comes to mind, where Cameron Diaz is tricked into singing to her Beloved in a karaoke bar. She has the most godawful voice, but does it anyway and wins her Beloved's respect even more. Quite amusant, in a chick-flick kinda way.

Cameron Diaz can talk?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 15 Oct 2009, 07:24

tac wrote:Death has risen in rankings . . . used to come in 4th

Actually there was a study done during Vietnam of soldier's fears.

1. Letting your mates down (cowardice).

2. Leaving you family behind without financial support

3. Getting your balls shot off

4 Death
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 15 Oct 2009, 07:26

Bradman wrote:3. Getting your balls shot off

4 Death

A fate worse than death?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 15 Oct 2009, 07:29

Actually the top three are spot on but from memory death then came below losing a limb. So maybe death was five.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next