Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things which are of no interest to anyone else

+27
Basil
furriner
DJ_Smerk
holcs
Eric Air Emu
Sasha
JKLever
Merlin
eowyn
Jontyh
doremi
PlanetPakistan
horace
Demelza
Winkle Spinner
simkat
taipan
Brass Monkey
skully
footwork
lardbucket
bodyline
Bradman
PeterCS
G.Wood
tac
ever hopeful
31 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 9 Empty Re: Things which are of no interest to anyone else

Post by skully Sat 10 Oct 2009, 11:03

Yeah, GT is on pole. Fat lotta good it did him last year. Maybe he won't slip the clutch so badly at the start tomorrow.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105947
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 9 Empty Re: Things which are of no interest to anyone else

Post by taipan Sat 10 Oct 2009, 11:12

I guess that this is about another obscure Aussie sporting event.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 10 Oct 2009, 11:25

skully wrote:Yeah, GT is on pole. Fat lotta good it did him last year. Maybe he won't slip the clutch so badly at the start tomorrow.

GT said his partner was going to start and mentioned his problems at the first corner was the reason for it.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Sat 10 Oct 2009, 12:07

taipan wrote:I guess that this is about another obscure Aussie sporting event.

I really don't know too much about it, but it's a SuperV8? car race called the Bathurst 1000. ( They drive up and down Mt. Panorama about 60 times - a bloody dangerous mountain if you ask me - in Bathurst, NSW.) There are several races throughout the season, in different locations around Aus and points are awarded for each win and place. At the end of the season the overall winner is the one with the most points from all the races. Bathurst is considered the most prestigious to win. There are about 24 cars competing. I think the race starts at 10am and finishes at 5 pm.
There are two brands of cars racing and two brands of fans: Holden and Ford.

If this is wrong, please forgive me. I'm the kitchen maid serving beer and snacks, while the men sit around the teev, bonding and making gutteral blokey noises. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 9 Icon_lol (Akshally I don't mind watching the start. That bit's exciting.)
footwork
footwork

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-29
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 10 Oct 2009, 12:09

Thanks.

Speaking of beer, ti,e for me to meander off to the club.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Sat 10 Oct 2009, 12:12

Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 9 Drunken_smilie
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 10 Oct 2009, 12:24

Nice effort, footsie. It's the V8 Supercars, and they do 161 laps of the 6.2 km circuit. It is Australia's premier production car race.

It is one race in the V8 Supercar season, but it is THE race all the punters look forward to.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105947

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Sat 10 Oct 2009, 12:58

rofl!!

Just missed with the number of laps - only 100 out! Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 9 Icon_razz

Ah dear.
All I know is that after about the tenth time round, my eyes glaze over and godzforgiveme I'm almost hoping for a prang.
*hangs head in shame*
That's when I know it's kitchen time, hehe.
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Sat 10 Oct 2009, 13:47

Don't feel bad about the KFC. Had a Chinese takeaway last night. Sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong style (that is to say battered), lemon chicken, boiled rice, prawn crackers and seseme prawn toast....mm..mmm...MMMMM!
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Demelza Sat 10 Oct 2009, 14:43

ever hopeful wrote:Don't feel bad about the KFC. Had a Chinese takeaway last night. Sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong style (that is to say battered), lemon chicken, boiled rice, prawn crackers and seseme prawn toast....mm..mmm...MMMMM!
OMG, sooooo much carbohydrate again! Did you have apple pie for afters?
Demelza
Demelza

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Demelza Sat 10 Oct 2009, 14:45

skully wrote:
Demelza wrote:Talking about PMs . . . tac and I have behaved ourselves for ages now . . . haven't we, big nose?
Dem, Dem, Dem. Begging is so unbecoming of a fair maiden.

Just be secure in the knowledge that a butcher's bone is all that's important. Cool
Twisted Evil Laughing
Demelza
Demelza

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Sat 10 Oct 2009, 21:25

Demelza wrote:
ever hopeful wrote:Don't feel bad about the KFC. Had a Chinese takeaway last night. Sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong style (that is to say battered), lemon chicken, boiled rice, prawn crackers and seseme prawn toast....mm..mmm...MMMMM!
OMG, sooooo much carbohydrate again! Did you have apple pie for afters?
No, but today I went to the fair and had a cheese burger with bacon followed by doughnuts.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 11 Oct 2009, 07:50

(pork sausages, mashed spuds, and asparagus here, with Little Creatures beers ... then chilli chocolate and coffee to follow)

On the downside, I can no longer purchase Lhapsang Souchong tea locally, and am back to the mundane English Breakfast.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Sun 11 Oct 2009, 22:47

In 1835 the first German railway line was opened. It ran between Nuremburg and Furth.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Mon 12 Oct 2009, 01:30

The Ghan runs from Adelaide, South Australia, through different stops to Darwin in the Northern Territory. In other words, from the bottom to the top of Australia; and slap bang in its middle, like a long suture-line. The final leg from Alice Springs to Darwin was completed in 2004 I think.
It takes its name from the Afghan camels that were used to make the trek before trainlines were laid. Huge piece of Aussie engineering.

I haven't been on the trip which takes 2 days, but I'd like to.

Last night chicken, with vegies and more vegies. Not having Chicken Tonight. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 9 Icon_geek

Have never tasted chiili chocolate so that's a great excuse for trying some. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 9 Icon_cool
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 12 Oct 2009, 08:47

My dental therapist has very pert baps.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38101

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 12 Oct 2009, 10:47

I'm seriously in danger of developing man boobs - time to go on a few runs, FFS
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 12 Oct 2009, 10:57

Go Irish, lever, and give the tatties a miss for a bit . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Mon 12 Oct 2009, 16:11

What's a dental therapist?
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Mon 12 Oct 2009, 18:22

Someone who talks to teeth about their problems?
Sasha
Sasha

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Mon 12 Oct 2009, 18:59

My left testicle is shaped like a kumquat.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Mon 12 Oct 2009, 19:13

And the right?
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Mon 12 Oct 2009, 20:31

Like a pineapple- both in terms of shape and texture.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 13 Oct 2009, 00:20

I really like cold smoked mackeral. Might have some tomorrow.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Tue 13 Oct 2009, 03:41

This guy makes me laugh Cool

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays
simkat
simkat

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next