Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things which are of no interest to anyone else

+27
Basil
furriner
DJ_Smerk
holcs
Eric Air Emu
Sasha
JKLever
Merlin
eowyn
Jontyh
doremi
PlanetPakistan
horace
Demelza
Winkle Spinner
simkat
taipan
Brass Monkey
skully
footwork
lardbucket
bodyline
Bradman
PeterCS
G.Wood
tac
ever hopeful
31 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 Empty Re: Things which are of no interest to anyone else

Post by taipan Fri 30 Oct 2009, 09:45

No mutton?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 Empty Re: Things which are of no interest to anyone else

Post by footwork Fri 30 Oct 2009, 09:57

Well Mr. Perry put smoked salmon on the side and it looked lish...? Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 797708
footwork
footwork

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-29
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Fri 30 Oct 2009, 10:22

Hi FTSE hello

My arteries spasmed looking at Chef Perry's omelette recipe! affraid

Just dropped number one son off at the outlaws - off soon for dinner with some friends. We won a stack of prizes at a trivia night recently and dinner was one of them.

I put some extra hard yards in on the tready today, so the question is ... what's for dessert?! cheers
simkat
simkat

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Fri 30 Oct 2009, 11:03

footwork wrote:Well Mr. Perry put smoked salmon on the side and it looked lish...? Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 797708

YES!!!!!!

Scrambled egg and smoked salmon is a delight (whether its cooked or cold) Very Happy
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 30 Oct 2009, 12:22

Demelza wrote:Break the eggs. I've got this thing about all the horrible bits that surround the yolk. It looks like blobs of gob, so I have to get all that out. Grate some cheese, splash of milk, black pepper. Poor into sizzling BUTTER in the frying pan and cook for about a minute. Place under a grill to cook the top. Place plate on top of frying pan and flip out. Put some cooked (in butter) mushrooms on one side of the omlette and fold over. Huge amount of tomato sauce. Job done.

People still cook omelettes and then put the ingredients on it? How very British 1950's.

Go Spanish. You f*cking knuckle-dragger.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Fri 30 Oct 2009, 13:10

simkat wrote:Hi FTSE Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 472206

My arteries spasmed looking at Chef Perry's omelette recipe! Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 Affraid

Just dropped number one son off at the outlaws - off soon for dinner with some friends. We won a stack of prizes at a trivia night recently and dinner was one of them.

I put some extra hard yards in on the tready today, so the question is ... what's for dessert?! Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 Icon_cheers

Oh well done. Have a great evening! Much more satisfying not having to fork out the hard-earned. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 Icon_smile

I love banoffee pie. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 Icon_cool
I can hone in on it from great distances.
It always reminds me of Glasgow, since that's the first time I ever heard of it, or tasted it. Bewdiful.

However, if you tell me you ate some bluddy yoghurt-based dessert for health reasons, we will not be amused. Things which are of no interest to anyone else - Page 15 Icon_razz
footwork
footwork

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Fri 30 Oct 2009, 13:27

Though I wasn't around back then, I assume this thread is what the "sunshine/lollipops" thread looked like?
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Fri 30 Oct 2009, 15:06

You haven't been 'around' much at all Laura.... are you out of studentdom and into the real world yet?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 30 Oct 2009, 16:14

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Though I wasn't around back then, I assume this thread is what the "sunshine/lollipops" thread looked like?

Nah mate, this is one man's boring wankoff in a narcissistic, voyeuristic shitty little car crash of a thread. Not a breezy and funny FFA.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 30 Oct 2009, 17:57

Demelza wrote:
What an absurd rigmarole. The bit around the yolk is the egg-white; if you don't eat that then you're not even making omelette as far as the rest of humanity is concerned.

No, the egg-white is actually clear, when you first break it. It only turns white when you cook it. Next time you break an egg, have a look at the bits of white gobby looking bits hanging off the yolk. I have to get scissors, to snip it off, and a tea spoon, to fish it all out. Takes ages!

I know exactly what you mean. Chicken spunk.

Little bloody bits have to go too.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Fri 30 Oct 2009, 21:13

Brass Monkey wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Though I wasn't around back then, I assume this thread is what the "sunshine/lollipops" thread looked like?

Nah mate, this is one man's boring wankoff in a narcissistic, voyeuristic shitty little car crash of a thread. Not a breezy and funny FFA.
Well you're entitled to your opinion so no offence taken. I thought we were just chatting about omelettes though. Of course you are completely free not to spend your time reading or adding to this thread at all (I didn't think I actually needed to say that).

BTW I do like Spanish omelette, but prefer my method. Sorry that's a problem, and if it makes me a knuckle-dragger so be it. In my defence though, I did once stand up nearly upright to pick a flea off a mate's back.

Demelza, I realise that raw egg-white isn't actually white, but I think it is still called egg-white all the same. Lots of foods look less than appetising till cooked, but surely that shouldn't always stop you preparing and eating them should it?
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Sun 08 Nov 2009, 20:05

Bananas

For breakfast I usually have a mashed banana with sultanas, porridge oats and a bit of milk. For some reason mashed bananas taste even better than non-mashed ones.

I like bananas best when they are only just about ripe, still with a greeny-yellow tinge at the ends.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Mon 30 Nov 2009, 23:55

But don't like them brown at all.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Tue 01 Dec 2009, 05:56

Our bananas are $7 a kilo at the moment.

They went up to $15 a kilo after the Innisfail cyclone a couple of years ago, which is fair enough because the plantations were decimated, but I can't see any reason why they're suddenly so expensive. Someone is ripping us off Sad

Anyway, eating apples until the price comes down.
simkat
simkat

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:09

You're getting ripped off , Simkat

Paid $4/kilo at Station st markets on Saturday for nice ripe Billy Bananas

Carnarvon bananas were cheaper but still green
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:11

simkat wrote:Our bananas are $7 a kilo at the moment.

don't truckle
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:17

embee wrote:You're getting ripped off , Simkat

Where are the Station st markets? (apart from in Station st Laughing )

I thought $7 / kilo was a Perth metro/Aussie wide price Shocked
simkat
simkat

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:19

Fark me, you lads (and lass) are getting stung . . . bananas are only about $2/kilo here in Nippon . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:19

taipan wrote:

don't truckle

Just looked up 'truckle' in an urban dictionary:

1. To yield lamely or obsequiously.
2. Depressingly fat Star Trek fan

?
simkat
simkat

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:20

tac wrote:Fark me, you lads (and lass) are getting stung . . . bananas are only about $2/kilo here in Nippon . . .

Oooh! Now I'm starting to get cranky! Evil or Very Mad

Our bananas are $2 each.
simkat
simkat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:22

simkat wrote:
taipan wrote:

don't truckle

Just looked up 'truckle' in an urban dictionary:

1. To yield lamely or obsequiously.
2. Depressingly fat Star Trek fan

?

You you have to ask Allan D. Apparently his parents didn't truckle to Hitler so he could get bananas.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:31

simkat wrote:
embee wrote:You're getting ripped off , Simkat

Where are the Station st markets? (apart from in Station st Laughing )

I thought $7 / kilo was a Perth metro/Aussie wide price Shocked

Subiaco
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:32

Okay. Sounds like there's a story in that one Laughing
simkat
simkat

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:33

simkat wrote:Okay. Sounds like there's a story in that one Laughing

There's a thread about it somewhere.

Lardy????
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Tue 01 Dec 2009, 06:36

Thanks, embee. I'll check it out.

There's a thread about it somewhere.
Lardy????

I'll keep an eye out for the bump Laughing
simkat
simkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next