Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite"

+16
taipan
DJ_Smerk
tac
furriner
PlanetPakistan
Invader Zim
embee
buckSH
JGK
G.Wood
Merlin
doremi
WIFAN
Chivalry Augustus
Shoeshine
Aberforth
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite" Empty "It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite"

Post by Aberforth Thu 17 Dec 2009, 19:36

Gayle the diplomat Laughing

Aberforth

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-02-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

"It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite" Empty Re: "It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite"

Post by Shoeshine Thu 17 Dec 2009, 19:51

He didn't actually use those words though, did he?

Shoeshine

"It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite" Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4512
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

"It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite" Empty Re: "It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite"

Post by Aberforth Thu 17 Dec 2009, 20:05

Shoeshine wrote:He didn't actually use those words though, did he?

I never said he did Laughing

Aberforth

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Thu 17 Dec 2009, 20:07

Chris Gayle makes me sick - I wonder if he ever scored a ton against Australia when they had decent bowlers.

A quick search reveals that no, he didn't.

Unsurprising from a cowlasher. It's a shame he didn't play in a time of no helmets where someone could knock the cock end's face off with a 95mph bouncer.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Aberforth Thu 17 Dec 2009, 20:16

Chivalry Augustus wrote:Chris Gayle makes me sick - I wonder if he ever scored a ton against Australia when they had decent bowlers.

Unsurprising from a cowlasher. It's a shame he didn't play in a time of no helmets where someone could knock the cock end's face off with a 95mph bouncer.

Well I know he scored a 200 odd against an attack that featured Mc Grath and company ( a tour match Laughing )

I know he has a few tons against the Saffies as well as the English and he has scored a few runs in New Zealnd as well..

Gayle is a good player

Aberforth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2009, 20:27

Chivalry Augustus wrote:Chris Gayle makes me sick - I wonder if he ever scored a ton against Australia when they had decent bowlers.

Yeah, thank god we have Alistair Cook opening.

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Thu 17 Dec 2009, 20:35

Ridiculously harsh tbh. He did score an 80 ball ton against Hoggard, Jones, Harmison and Flintoff. Gayle should be averaging 45 or more in test cricket given his talent and has therefore underachieved but he is one of the nicest guys in World Cricket who almost everyone gets on well with so to call him a cock end is just plane wrong. He is also one of the greatest openers in the history of ODI cricket.

What has he done to offend you may I ask? Is it his style of batting? His light hearted comments about test cricket? His body language?
WIFAN
WIFAN

"It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite" 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Thu 17 Dec 2009, 20:38

Gayle is a legend. Not the ideal test opener, and I've always thought he should come in after Chanders at 5 or 6, but a brilliant player nonetheless.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 17 Dec 2009, 21:11

Harsh, unnecessary and way OTT, Auggie.
Gayle entertains and is one of the most dominating and destructive batsmen in the game today. Fact.
The good thing about watching a ball v bat contest involving him is that his cavalier approach always gives the bowler half
a chance ... but if he happens to be in the mood - the entire bowling analyses gets royally f**ked as Johnson found out.

As WIFAN says - he is also one helluva nice man to speak to ... so laid back he falls over but with always a generous word!
If only he was born in Birmingham or Brixton or Brighton ...

Hmmmm .... and we have Le Cheff..! Rolling Eyes

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2009, 21:41

WIFAN wrote:He is also one of the greatest openers in the history of ODI cricket.

What's the Windies ATG ODI XI then?

Desi
Gayle
Viv

Then who?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2009, 21:43

Merlin wrote:Harsh, unnecessary and way OTT, Auggie.
Gayle entertains and is one of the most dominating and destructive batsmen in the game today. If only he was born in Birmingham or Brixton or Brighton ...

Aye, Crystal is much preferable to Chef.

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Thu 17 Dec 2009, 21:51

LARA FFS.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Thu 17 Dec 2009, 21:53

Haynes
Gayle
IVAR
Lara
Marshall
Garner
Holding
Ambrose

probably set in stone.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 17 Dec 2009, 22:16

Rob I wrote:
WIFAN wrote:He is also one of the greatest openers in the history of ODI cricket.

Desi
Gayle
Viv

Then who?

Stuff that, I'd have Greenidge ahead of both Desi and Gayle.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Thu 17 Dec 2009, 22:21

G.Wood wrote:
Rob I wrote:

Desi
Gayle
Viv

Then who?

Stuff that, I'd have Greenidge ahead of both Desi and Gayle.

If Greenidge is left out, is it still possible to claim him for England?

Shoeshine

Number of posts : 4512

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 17 Dec 2009, 22:27

Ahead of Nick Knight and Ally Brown!!!!
Turn it up
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 17 Dec 2009, 23:10

Greenidge in today's batsman friendly game would be incredible. I could imagine him cutting 6 sixes in an over.

Of course, Viv would be something else.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Thu 17 Dec 2009, 23:17

doremi wrote:Haynes
Gayle
IVAR
Lara
Marshall
Garner
Holding
Ambrose

probably set in stone.

where is the rest ! Yet to come?

btw have we all forgotten Gus Logie.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 17 Dec 2009, 23:26

JGK wrote:Greenidge in today's batsman friendly game would be incredible. I could imagine him cutting 6 sixes in an over.

You reckon he would have enjoyed facing Johnson then.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 18 Dec 2009, 00:30

buckSH wrote:
doremi wrote:Haynes
Gayle
IVAR
Lara
Marshall
Garner
Holding
Ambrose

probably set in stone.

where is the rest ! Yet to come?

btw have we all forgotten Gus Logie.

The other 3 are mostly irrelevant - one keeper, two more batsmen and Roger Harper as 12th man.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 18 Dec 2009, 00:49

Dujon as keeper

Clive Lloyd to captain them

Larry / Richie Rich / GG

and the big temptation to include a bloke on "potential" rather than results(a duck) ....G Sobers
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26186
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Fri 18 Dec 2009, 00:55

Word.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Fri 18 Dec 2009, 01:07

Invader Zim wrote:

Word.

Phurt................
WIFAN
WIFAN

"It wasn't personal, Johnson bowled shite" 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 18 Dec 2009, 02:27

I don't think Gayle is much chop as a captain tactics wise, but the players seem to like him and like playing for him. For the Windies I would guess that is more important than any tactical acumen.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 18 Dec 2009, 02:32

G.Wood wrote:I don't think Gayle is much chop as a captain tactics wise, but the players seem to like him and like playing for him. For the Windies I would guess that is more important than any tactical acumen.

Clive Lloyd wrote:

The bloke with the gloves and pads on ....you go and stand along way back behind the stumps ...one of you other blokes go down the other end and bowl fast ...the rest of you go stand in the slips

Even Punter could have captained the Windies
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26186
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next