Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairfax press (+ spanky) foaming over John Howard + cricket

+5
JKLever
Shoeshine
skully
Basil
Zat
9 posters

Go down

Fairfax press (+ spanky) foaming over John Howard + cricket Empty Fairfax press (+ spanky) foaming over John Howard + cricket

Post by Zat Thu 21 Jan 2010, 21:14

Two stories in this mornings Fairtfax papers. On the front page of the SMH:
Howard pads away rumours of world cricket job.

And in the sport section:
Spnky not in favour of LJH being nominated to head ICC.

Given that the head of the ICC has generally been ineffective in recent years, does it really matter who's in the chair? After all, the only thing they really seem to have to do is to lube up for the BCCI to slip in the tradesmen's entrance. Howard, as an ex-pollie, seems eminently suited to that.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zat on Thu 21 Jan 2010, 21:18; edited 1 time in total

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Fairfax press (+ spanky) foaming over John Howard + cricket Empty Re: Fairfax press (+ spanky) foaming over John Howard + cricket

Post by Basil Thu 21 Jan 2010, 21:17

I find myself agreeing with Spanky - should I be worried?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Fairfax press (+ spanky) foaming over John Howard + cricket Empty Re: Fairfax press (+ spanky) foaming over John Howard + cricket

Post by skully Thu 21 Jan 2010, 21:19

Spoiler:
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105949
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shoeshine Thu 21 Jan 2010, 22:20

I wonder how long it will take Zat to realise that there was already a thread and he's done a Red. scratch

Shoeshine

Fairfax press (+ spanky) foaming over John Howard + cricket Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4512
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Thu 21 Jan 2010, 22:20

Nice tits Zat
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 21 Jan 2010, 22:26

JKLever wrote:Nice tits Zat

I've heard eye witness accounts that indicate that this is not such a silly statement
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 21 Jan 2010, 22:29

He siad "Zatty is a ****** great tit" . . .not what you thought he said . . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 21 Jan 2010, 22:42

So it is possible that I also misheard him when he said Zat is a .... and not Zat has a ...
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 21 Jan 2010, 22:43

I wouldn't be too sure on that one, woody . . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jan 2010, 22:55

Basil wrote:I find myself agreeing with Spanky - should I be worried?

yes you should be worried as should we all....little Johnny Howard (only the 2nd Aus PM to lose his own seat in a general election) would be a divisive influence in international cricket...his history of playing the race card would make Zimmy look like Mahatma Ghandi and Bucky like Nelson Mandela by comparison...his appointment could be the death knell of international cricket...

his first action as VP of the ICC would be to seek the readmission of Rhodesia to International cricket..

I am truly ashamed of the ACB
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 21 Jan 2010, 23:01

horace wrote:
Basil wrote:I find myself agreeing with Spanky - should I be worried?

yes you should be worried as should we all....little Johnny Howard (only the 2nd Aus PM to lose his own seat in a general election) would be a divisive influence in international cricket...his history of playing the race card would make Zimmy look like Mahatma Ghandi and Bucky like Nelson Mandela by comparison...his appointment could be the death knell of international cricket...

his first action as VP of the ICC would be to seek the readmission of Rhodesia to International cricket..

I am truly ashamed of the ACB

Phurt . .Honest John is just the man we need to clean up world cricket . . . . revivla of 8-ball overs, the back foot no-ball rule . . . all we have been screaming for . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 21 Jan 2010, 23:07

tac wrote:Phurt . .Honest John is just the man we need to clean up world cricket . . . . revivla of 8-ball overs, the back foot no-ball rule . . . all we have been screaming for . . .

That would put an end to Sri Lanka playing here. Is there a cricket pitch in Nauru?
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 21 Jan 2010, 23:09

I was NOT going to mention boat people . . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jan 2010, 23:11

christmas Island could become the international centre for 2020...

broad and the pom medium paced pie chuckers would love the influence of razor wire on the ball
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 21 Jan 2010, 23:12

tac wrote:I was NOT going to mention the boat people. . . .

At least Johnny was honest about being a qunt towards unlike the new bloke who just does it on the sly
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 22 Jan 2010, 00:09

Shoeshine wrote:I wonder how long it will take Zat to realise that there was already a thread and he's done a Red. scratch
Meh, mine was specifically a dig at Red and the cutting and pasting of Spanky stuff.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 22 Jan 2010, 01:36

I thought LJH was being fluffed to head the unified Leeeeeeeeeeeeeg board

I'd rather him farq up Leeeeeeeg than cricket
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26213
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 22 Jan 2010, 02:11

Leeeeg's already farqed.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down