Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australians you got it right. We are a bunch of whingers!!!

+7
horace
Mick Sawyer
lardbucket
Shoeshine
Zat
Basil
JKLever
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Australians you got it right. We are a bunch of whingers!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Australians you got it right. We are a bunch of whingers!!!

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 08 Nov 2007, 03:28

"Yep, worked at the games, had a ball Mick. Best fun was befriending a journo from the Denver post and introduicing him to the dubious pleasure of a late night meat pie after a few beers."

Working there? - that sounds exciting & impressive - were you there in the lead up to the event as well?

Seppo's can be great company - sure you left him with great tales to drag home.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Australians you got it right. We are a bunch of whingers!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Australians you got it right. We are a bunch of whingers!!!

Post by horace Thu 08 Nov 2007, 03:28

wonder what the guy would have thought of barrelltowns contribution to the national cuisine - the pie floater
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 08 Nov 2007, 03:31

or the wuss states favourite dish - dried beef jerk
NB - no mispelling of jerk
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 08 Nov 2007, 03:35

horace wrote:or the wuss states favourite dish - dried beef jerk

A baited hook but no sign of the hooded one - must be at a Jerry Springer audition.

Last edited by on Thu 08 Nov 2007, 03:36; edited 1 time in total
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 08 Nov 2007, 03:35

horace wrote:or the wuss states favourite dish - dried beef jerk

Imported from Vomitia.....
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26204
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 08 Nov 2007, 04:16

see mick - all is not lost...lol re Springer and the DCOM
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Thu 08 Nov 2007, 08:19

Just thought I'd add my two cents worth on how great the Sydney Olympics were.

I have no hesitation in calling them the best two weeks of my life.

No matter where you went in the city people were just happy.

I was at the Olympic Stadium for the 100 metre final when Marion Jones won gold. Sure, I feel cheated now, but it did seem very special at the time.

But things like that don't really matter. The Olympics isn't really about sport. It's about the whole world coming together and having one ginormous party. And what a party!

Hass

Australians you got it right. We are a bunch of whingers!!! - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 08 Nov 2007, 09:31

Hass wrote:Just thought I'd add my two cents worth on how great the Sydney Olympics were.

I was at the Olympic Stadium for the 100 metre final when Marion Jones won gold. Sure, I feel cheated now, but it did seem very special at the time.

But things like that don't really matter. The Olympics isn't really about sport. It's about the whole world coming together and having one ginormous party. And what a party!

Totally agree with Hass.

JKL my advice in dealing with the whingers - fark 'em. They'll be the ones losing out. It will be a superb time to be in London.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Thu 08 Nov 2007, 13:32

JGK wrote:
Hass wrote:Just thought I'd add my two cents worth on how great the Sydney Olympics were.

Totally agree with Hass.

JKL my advice in dealing with the whingers - fark 'em. They'll be the ones losing out. It will be a superb time to be in London.

Unless the French discover a load of world class athletes, then we'll be over run by stinky people...
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2