Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aussie forummers- we need your help...

+15
Mick Sawyer
horace
Invader Zim
Jontyh
Zat
bodyline
Bradman
Hass
Paul Keating
DJ_Smerk
tac
skully
PeterCS
Henry
Eric Air Emu
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aussie forummers- we need your help... - Page 2 Empty Re: Aussie forummers- we need your help...

Post by skully Mon 23 Aug 2010, 11:56

You get change out of $10 for two beers at most pubs. JGK will say "fark off" because he probably drinks at the Waldorf or somesuch. Cool

So £6 will get you 2 x 425 mL Schooners in most Sydney pubs, with change.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106012
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Aussie forummers- we need your help... - Page 2 Empty Re: Aussie forummers- we need your help...

Post by Invader Zim Mon 23 Aug 2010, 14:11

Eric Air Emu wrote:We're going to OZ in December- to Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. What's worth seeing in all those locations (apart from England's ritual humiliation in that cricket)?
  • Catch the 112 down Clarendon St, check out South Melbourne Markets, have a Dim Sim
  • Have a beer at Riverland under Fed Square
  • Visit the NGV and Melbourne Museum.
  • Have a meal and a drink in a laneway bar.
  • Catch a tram down to St Kilda.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Mon 23 Aug 2010, 17:58

Genuine hearttfelt thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Will try and cram in as many and possible and may need to interrogate your further.

I have to admit I harboured what can only be called unkind thoughts about our Australian cousins but now I'm starting to think that maybe we're not too dissimilar after all. You're almost human. hug
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 26 Aug 2010, 08:57

Invader Zim wrote:
Eric Air Emu wrote:We're going to OZ in December- to Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. What's worth seeing in all those locations (apart from England's ritual humiliation in that cricket)?

• Catch the 112 down Clarendon St, check out South Melbourne Markets, have a Dim Sim
  • Have a beer at Riverland under Fed Square
  • Visit the NGV and Melbourne Museum.
  • Have a meal and a drink in a laneway bar.
  • Catch a tram down to St Kilda.

all that Zimmy suggested....plus inner melb and city have great bars and food that are pretty reasonably priced...the wonderful G itself is an experience in itself (have a look at museum)...you can play tennis for near nix at the Tennis centre adjacent to the G (home of Aust. Open)...hire a car and check out the Great Ocean Rd (stop at some of the Indigenous cultural tourism sites)...if you are fond of cheese - the cheese larder in Bridge Rd Richmond is ace...have a pint in the cricketers bar at the Windsor Hotel where there are some great old photos
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 26 Aug 2010, 11:13

Eric Air Emu wrote:Genuine hearttfelt thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Will try and cram in as many and possible and may need to interrogate your further.

I have to admit I harboured what can only be called unkind thoughts about our Australian cousins but now I'm starting to think that maybe we're not too dissimilar after all. You're almost human. hug

Eric - I'm in Brisbane - the Gabba, beaches, rainforest, pubs, islands, bogans, flies, all within an hour. Tell me what appeals & I'll tell you more.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 26 Aug 2010, 11:55

Fark Brisvegas, just go straight to the Gold Coast, an hour south of Brisbane. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 26 Aug 2010, 23:49

skully wrote:Fark Brisvegas, just go straight to the Gold Coast, an hour south of Brisbane. Cool

irk, I never thought I would advocate driving in the opposite direction to Spivville but when in Brisbane head in any direction but south. (Unless of course you wish to go to Jimboomba to visit Rooting Rita)
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 26 Aug 2010, 23:51

Unless of course you wish to go to Jimboomba

The other highlight down that way would be a beer & a yak with broadbeam/band Wallace.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 27 Aug 2010, 00:01

Mick Sawyer wrote:
Unless of course you wish to go to Jimboomba

The other highlight down that way would be a beer & a yak with broadbeam/band Wallace.

I was making the assumption that you would probably bump into him whilst at Rita's
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Fri 27 Aug 2010, 00:19

I was making the assumption that you would probably bump into him whilst at Rita's

chuckle.

Wally pimping for Rita the eager eater I wonder?. I didn't think he had a visible means of support & he does seem to sleep during the day. Either a pimp or a flying fox herder I'm thinkin'.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 27 Aug 2010, 00:41

You may be onto something, nice village and all but there can't be too many legit ways to make a living there.

Ever seen The Happy Hooker when Lyn Redgrave strips whilst giving a stock market report - I reckon Rita does the same for Wal but substitutes in batting averages and strkerates
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Fri 27 Aug 2010, 00:46

G.Wood wrote:You may be onto something, nice village and all but there can't be too many legit ways to make a living there.

Ever seen The Happy Hooker when Lyn Redgrave strips whilst giving a stock market report - I reckon Rita does the same for Wal but substitutes in batting averages and strkerates

That's just foreplay. Later as dear Wallace rises to the job he recites the bloodlines of every pole pisser in the country.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 27 Aug 2010, 06:43

Laughing Above

Wally will be deeply touched by this exchange.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Sat 28 Aug 2010, 07:30

Depending how long you are going to be in Sydney, could always look at a day tour up to the Hunter Valley Wineries. party

Blackadder

Aussie forummers- we need your help... - Page 2 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 28 Aug 2010, 19:03

Blackadder wrote:Depending how long you are going to be in Sydney, could always look at a day tour up to the Hunter Valley Wineries. party

And survey the tits
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 28 Dec 2021, 03:37

Two days sight-seeing available for all the Army now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38144
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Tue 28 Dec 2021, 04:36

lardbucket wrote:Two days sight-seeing available for all the Army now.
Most are now probably thankful for not being allowed in the country.

Blackadder

Aussie forummers- we need your help... - Page 2 ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 28 Dec 2021, 07:34

LOL @ Mr bucket.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 05 Jan 2022, 21:58

After a fair day in the field yesterday, bringing their pink clothes for day 3 won’t have been wasted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38144
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2