Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England's ashes squad

+14
taipan
beamer
DJ_Smerk
eowyn
horace
Zat
LeFromage
Gary 111
Eric Air Emu
Merlin
Basil
JKLever
PeterCS
Henry
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

England's ashes squad - Page 5 Empty Re: England's ashes squad

Post by Gary 111 Fri 24 Sep 2010, 00:38

Chivalry Augustus wrote:I didn't say he is sh!t, merely that during his international performances he was sh!t, and came back worse for his experiences as a twelfth man/stand-in last winter. But in their infinite wisdom, FBers think that it's best for his development that we try the same again and hope it turns out better this time. The selectors, quite correctly, have learned that trying the same thing twice probably isn't going to work and have omitted a cricketer who obviously features highly in their plans for the future. Personally, I am going to trust the opinion of our best coach in a while over Messrs Henry and Welshy.

He wasn't sh!t in thie match....

link

The lad has 200+ FC wickets at the age of 22. In Derek Underwood's era that might have been common, but not in the modern era. His first class batting average is 2 runs higher than Paul Collingwood and Eoin Morgan, 1 shy of Matt Prior. He doesn't need a rest, none of the Ashes squad will be playing for 8 weeks. Instead of taking him in the Performance Squad they pick James ****** Tredwell. Explain?
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : eng

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 24 Sep 2010, 00:40

I can't come up with a genuine reason for some of the selections. Perhaps the current group of selectors don't like the super confident, "no worries it will all be ok", almost cocky attitude of some of the young British Asian cricketers? I know it's wrong to stereotype but a lot of them do have ample confidence in their own ability that perhaps translates as cockiness to those that don't know them so well.

I dunno.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 24 Sep 2010, 00:42

JKLever wrote:Skulls, Tremors has been bowling very well. Didn't look out of place in his test series against India either.

Perhaps you've just seen him in some ODI's...

There's talk of the XI for the first test being "set in stone" but if Tremors is bowling well in the warm ups and young Finn starts off a little off the boil I know who i'd be picking for the first test.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Fri 24 Sep 2010, 00:44

Henry wrote:I can't come up with a genuine reason for some of the selections. Perhaps the current group of selectors don't like the super confident, "no worries it will all be ok", almost cocky attitude of some of the young British Asian cricketers? I know it's wrong to stereotype but a lot of them do have ample confidence in their own ability that perhaps translates as cockiness to those that don't know them so well.

I dunno.

No, Adil's not like that at all. Shahzad has got that grammar school swagger about him, but Adil is from quite a traditional family and is very shy and reserved. If anything its probably the other way, they're worried that he can't cope with the expectation - but he has raw talent - whereas Tredmill hasn't.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Fri 24 Sep 2010, 00:45

Henry wrote:
JKLever wrote:Skulls, Tremors has been bowling very well. Didn't look out of place in his test series against India either.

There's talk of the XI for the first test being "set in stone" but if Tremors is bowling well in the warm ups and young Finn starts off a little off the boil I know who i'd be picking for the first test.

Yep, Finn.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 24 Sep 2010, 00:48

Gary 111 wrote:
Henry wrote:I can't come up with a genuine reason for some of the selections. Perhaps the current group of selectors don't like the super confident, "no worries it will all be ok", almost cocky attitude of some of the young British Asian cricketers? I know it's wrong to stereotype but a lot of them do have ample confidence in their own ability that perhaps translates as cockiness to those that don't know them so well.

I dunno.

No, Adil's not like that at all. Shahzad has got that grammar school swagger about him, but Adil is from quite a traditional family and is very shy and reserved. If anything its probably the other way, they're worried that he can't cope with the expectation - but he has raw talent - whereas Tredmill hasn't.

Well whatever the reason, he's clearly nowhere on the England radar at this stage.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 24 Sep 2010, 00:49

Gary 111 wrote:
Henry wrote:

Yep, Finn.

Tremors is like McGrath and Ambrose combined...but not quite as good
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 24 Sep 2010, 00:51

Gary 111 wrote:
Henry wrote:

Yep, Finn.

But really? Very similar types of bowler. May as well go with the more in form, more experienced guy who can bat a bit better if it comes down to it.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 24 Sep 2010, 01:52

good the Montesaurus was selected...he was one of the few who tried on the last tour
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5