Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress?

+17
horace
The One
Josh Carney
tac
Paul Keating
Hass
G.Wood
PeterCS
taipan
Gary 111
Blackadder
embee
Zat
JGK
Red
DJ_Smerk
skully
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress? Empty Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress?

Post by skully Sun 17 Oct 2010, 03:14

Crappelli knifes SRW in support of Drunky

"I'd have Ponting ahead of Waugh

RICKY Ponting is a good captain; I've never seen him run out of ideas and most importantly he hasn't lost the support of his players.

There's been no sign that the Australian team isn't giving him a hundred per cent effort. If those signs were evident, it would be time for the selectors to replace him even though there would be a perception of panic with an Ashes series beckoning."

...and...

"Of the past four Australian captains, I'd rank Ponting level with Allan Border, behind Mark Taylor and ahead of Waugh.

Taylor was outstanding and Border was more adept at handling spinners than Ponting. However, Ponting is a strong-minded captain and there was a period in his early days where Border didn't want to lead.

Under the cosh, Steve Waugh used to run out of ideas and he had far better bowlers at his command than what Ponting currently possesses."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SRW was always willing to attack and try stuff outside the box, and is the most successful Aus captain bar none (for skippers with >10 Tests at the helm). Drunky is just a dill.

Crappelli seems to punch out at least one "SRW was useless" story a season. Looks like he got in early this year. Qunt.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106529
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress? Empty Re: Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress?

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 17 Oct 2010, 03:26

Level with Allan Border...

Laughing

AB and Tugga were two of the greatest captains in Australian cricket history. Drunky doesn't come close.

[Braces for barrage of abuse about how little I know about Australian cricket]. couch
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress? Empty Re: Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress?

Post by Red Sun 17 Oct 2010, 03:53

Chappelli sinks in the boots at every opportunity. He once said that if he heard Mark Waugh was batting anywhere in the world that he'd hop on the next plane but if Steve was batting in his back yard he'd close the blinds.

The only justification I've heard for his vituperative rantings is that the thinks Steve was a selfish cricketer.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17099
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Sun 17 Oct 2010, 03:56

You might call Chanderpaul a red ink hunter, but that wouldn't make Chappelli dislike him would it?

DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 17 Oct 2010, 04:19

Crappelli is a boring d!ck and should be pensioned off by Nein and other media.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 17 Oct 2010, 04:25

Red wrote:Chappelli sinks in the boots at every opportunity. He once said that if he heard Mark Waugh was batting anywhere in the world that he'd hop on the next plane but if Steve was batting in his back yard he'd close the blinds.

The only justification I've heard for his vituperative rantings is that the thinks Steve was a selfish cricketer.
AB dug us out of the deep hole of the mid to late 80s and Tugga is Australia's most successful ever captain. You're on the money, Smerkle.

Tubby was possibly intuitively the best skipper, but you can't argue about the achievements of AB and SRW.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 17 Oct 2010, 05:42

Of AB, Tugga and SRW - each left Australian cricket in a better position than they found it in.

Ponting looks like completing the circle.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 17 Oct 2010, 05:45

Just to be clear, my last post was an observation not a criticism.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 17 Oct 2010, 06:35

RICKY Ponting is a good captain; I've never seen him run out of ideas

Perhaps Chappelli commentates with his eyes closed these days.

Or he's just a nob.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 17 Oct 2010, 06:47

A lot of Waugh's captaincy initiatives were actually recycled Chappelli tactics ...and he probably stole them off someone ...but they are heralded as Waugh tactics with no credit to Chappelli ...Chappelli (borrowing from Neil Harvey) is a bitter old qunt about it

egs

Ugly Australians versus Mental Disintegration

Aiming to score at 4 an over

There was an article by Chappelli in Inside Sport or Inside Cricket about 5 or 6 years ago that crapped on Waughs captaincy and that was the main reasoning that I could see was Chappellis problem
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26312
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 17 Oct 2010, 07:24

Of course, the term Mental Disintegration was coined with a Waugh reference to AB's captaincy. At the press conference the day that he and Blewett batted all day against a strong Saffie attack Waugh was asked how he kept going during the day to which he replied something along the lines of:

"I kept wondering what AB would have done in that situation and he would have kept going until he had achieved total physical and mental disintegration of the opposition."

That partnership was probably borne from the massive AB and SRW partnership v England in the 93 Ashes.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 17 Oct 2010, 07:52

I think that Chappelli resented the fact that Waugh generally had great teams during his reign, and especially relative to the opposition which meant that to some extent he wasn't required to be over-resourceful with his thinking/tactics. When Waugh was rattling on about their high scoring rate and the way they bullied the opposition, Chappelli made remarks to the effect that if you can score at four+ per day, the opposition couldn't be up to much.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17099
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Sun 17 Oct 2010, 08:52

Zat wrote:
RICKY Ponting is a good captain; I've never seen him run out of ideas

Perhaps Chappelli commentates with his eyes closed these days.

Or he's
just a nob.
[

Fixed

Blackadder

Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress? ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3962
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 17 Oct 2010, 08:52

JGK wrote:Just to be clear, my last post was an observation not a criticism.
snigger

You're weakening.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 17 Oct 2010, 09:46

I thought it was a pretty good line actually. It may well be my new sig next 9 January.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Sun 17 Oct 2010, 09:49

skully wrote:Crappelli knifes SRW in support of Drunky

"I'd have Ponting ahead of Waugh

RICKY Ponting is a good captain; I've never seen him run out of ideas and most importantly he hasn't lost the support of his players.

Under the cosh, Steve Waugh used to run out of ideas and he had far better bowlers at his command than what Ponting currently possesses."

Meh, 'ideas' are overrated. Best thing about captaincy is having your plan and executing it.

Ponting has lots of bad ideas, he seems to constantly bowl part-timers at inappropriate moments and tactically he has often been inept. Two Ashes series were lost of the back of his 'ideas' - bowling first at Edgbaston and not selecting a spinner on a parched Oval wicket. Having seen the state of that wicket last year i'd have played Hauritz and gone up to the Sky commentary box to check in on the state of Warne's shoulders. He picked Stuart Clark.

When Steve Waugh toured England with McGrath, Gillespie, Warne and Lee he won 4-0 (Gilchrist lost the test Waugh was injured for)

When Ponting toured with the same bowlers they lost 1-2.

Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : eng

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 17 Oct 2010, 09:52

When Steve Waugh toured England with McGrath, Gillespie, Warne and Lee he won 4-0 (Gilchrist lost the test Waugh was injured for)

When Ponting toured with the same bowlers they lost 1-2.

This is exactly the point that Chappelli is missing (although in 05 we didn't lose a match when McGrath played). Warne had his best tour in 05 as well.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 17 Oct 2010, 10:06

Sagacity from MB, Gaz and JGK.

Did I mention that Crappelli is a qunt?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 17 Oct 2010, 13:35

DJ_Smerk wrote:You might call Chanderpaul a red ink hunter, but that wouldn't make Chappelli dislike him would it?

Unless he bonked Chapelli's mistress that is.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sun 17 Oct 2010, 14:27

Very astute, Chappell.

He's been there, done that, knows the score.

Oh, and doesn't like Spivs. If he wasn't a Banjobarrel, Horace would have to love him, almost physically.

Probably does, when I come to think of it.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Sun 17 Oct 2010, 23:31

JGK wrote:Of AB, Tugga and SRW - each left Australian cricket in a better position than they found it in.

Ponting looks like completing the circle.

JGK wrote:Just to be clear, my last post was an observation not a criticism.

funny
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Mon 18 Oct 2010, 03:44

The part of Waugh's captaincy that often gets overlooked is man management.

He did indeed captain a great team, but Waugh did a lot to help those players reach their potential. Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer and Damien Martyn were considered perhapsers before Waugh took over. They were guys with lots of talent and potential, but they were all tarred with the "just can't cut in Test cricket" brush.

Under Waugh these men started to believe in themselves. Justin Langer isn't called the brown-nosed gnome for nothing. I think he realises how important Waugh's leadership was to his own success.

Being a captain isn't just about setting fields and changing bowlers. It's about leading men - and Steve Waugh was a bloody fine leader of men!

Chappellii is fast on his way to overtaking Neil Harvey in the irrelevancy stakes.

Hass

Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress? MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Mon 18 Oct 2010, 03:57

Well it is also about diplomacy and fostering relations with other cricket countries and Senior Waugh lacked that!
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Did Tugga bonk Crappelli's mistress? Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 18 Oct 2010, 03:57

Jeez you guys should invite the koala around for a circle jerk . . .

Punter is not above criticism by any means, but jeez he has had some shocking material to work with. Hilditch is a qunt . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 18 Oct 2010, 03:59

Hass wrote:The part of Waugh's captaincy that often gets overlooked is man management.

He did indeed captain a great team, but Waugh did a lot to help those players reach their potential. Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer and Damien Martyn were considered perhapsers before Waugh took over. They were guys with lots of talent and potential, but they were all tarred with the "just can't cut in Test cricket" brush.

Under Waugh these men started to believe in themselves. Justin Langer isn't called the brown-nosed gnome for nothing. I think he realises how important Waugh's leadership was to his own success.

Being a captain isn't just about setting fields and changing bowlers. It's about leading men - and Steve Waugh was a bloody fine leader of men!

Chappellii is fast on his way to overtaking Neil Harvey in the irrelevancy stakes.

Sagacity squeared

Although Chappelli lost all relevance when he allowed himself to be filmed wearing collarless shirts with paisley waistcoats
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next