Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When & where are you seeing your next Test match?

+13
Eric Air Emu
simkat
embee
Bradman
WideWally
JGK
skully
Zat
Henry
JKLever
The One
Jontyh
DJ_Smerk
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When & where are you seeing your next Test match?  Empty When & where are you seeing your next Test match?

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 10 Nov 2010, 15:31

[At the ground - not on TV]

Going to see the first day of the 1st Test, between England and Sri Lanka at the Swalec in May 2011.

Can't wait. Cool
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

When & where are you seeing your next Test match?  Empty Re: When & where are you seeing your next Test match?

Post by Jontyh Wed 10 Nov 2010, 16:00

You've scuppered me there with that not-on-TV caveat, Smerk.
Jontyh
Jontyh

When & where are you seeing your next Test match?  MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2257
Registration date : 2008-01-18
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

When & where are you seeing your next Test match?  Empty Re: When & where are you seeing your next Test match?

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 10 Nov 2010, 16:02

I really don't help myself in these situations!
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Wed 10 Nov 2010, 16:40

You'll be reet when the Aussies wake up - bound to be a few of them off to the game..
Jontyh
Jontyh

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 10 Nov 2010, 16:55

Cardiff is a long way to come for a neutral match.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Wed 10 Nov 2010, 16:58

It's not that far from London you clown.
Jontyh
Jontyh

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 10 Nov 2010, 16:59

Too-and-shay. Cool
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 10 Nov 2010, 18:04

no idea. probably sometime towards the end of next year. looks likely to be a windies test

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 10 Nov 2010, 18:21

First test at Lords next year.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 10 Nov 2010, 22:37

Day 2 of the Sydney test.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 10 Nov 2010, 22:40

MCG and SCG for most of both matches. Day 2 or 3 onwards at Melbourne, All days at Sydney.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 11 Nov 2010, 00:19

And I'll be sharing beers with Zoggy (and a few other forum layabouts) on Day 1 of T5 at SCG.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105885
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 11 Nov 2010, 00:49

Just had a stationery order for the office arrive, and because it was over a certain dollar value, they included as a 'bonus' some beach balls.

If the vultures I work with don't claim them all, I reckon they'll be used during the first day of the Test, probably in the after lunch session. Until the SCG Gestapo get them and deflate them.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 11 Nov 2010, 02:28

Every day at Sydney probably.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 11 Nov 2010, 02:38

Zat wrote:Just had a stationery order for the office arrive, and because it was over a certain dollar value, they included as a 'bonus' some beach balls.

If the vultures I work with don't claim them all, I reckon they'll be used during the first day of the Test, probably in the after lunch session. Until the SCG Gestapo get them and deflate them.
Bring your blow up doll as well. Or should I ask Woody to? Cool

JGK wrote:Every day at Sydney probably.
Any chance of a quick beer after Stumps on Day 1?

I'll bring my "Hey JGK, give us a wave" sign. drunken
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by WideWally Thu 11 Nov 2010, 05:40

I don't think I'll ever go to a test match again. WW hates crowds. You pay all that money to get in the gate & then might find yourself seated next to some old bloke with a malfunctioning colostomy bag.

I much prefer going to Sheffield Shield matches. Only a few hundred people & there's always the chance you might bump into Carl Rackemann & have a chat about the good old days on Flaming Bails.
WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9698
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Thu 11 Nov 2010, 06:28

You should have been at the Shield final in '95. No room to move and the bloody Deen brothers having a family picnic on a codemned stand.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 11 Nov 2010, 06:42

WideWally wrote:I don't think I'll ever go to a test match again. WW hates crowds. You pay all that money to get in the gate & then might find yourself seated next to some old bloke with a malfunctioning colostomy bag.

I much prefer going to Sheffield Shield matches. Only a few hundred people & there's always the chance you might bump into Carl Rackemann & have a chat about the good old days on Flaming Bails.
I have to confess, WW, I am of the same mind. When I can sit in air-conditioned comfort in my comfy chair at home by myself watching a 20 camera coverage of a Test, going to the ground an hour away really has no draw for me. Unless it's with my cricket-tragic old man (no longer possible) or a bunch of wacky forum mates, which is the case this time around (an opportunity just too good to refuse). I'm hoping for some highly humourous recounts of the good times had by the Forum Five at T5 Day 1 on 3 Dec 2011. We might even catch up with a handful of other FBers.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 11 Nov 2010, 06:46

skully wrote:. We might even catch up with a handful of other FBers.

Skully revealing his plans to 'go the grope' ...again...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26186
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 11 Nov 2010, 07:57

Cue Zoggy's picture of a big blue fish.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 11 Nov 2010, 08:05

skully wrote:
JGK wrote:Every day at Sydney probably.
Any chance of a quick beer after Stumps on Day 1?

I'll bring my "Hey JGK, give us a wave" sign. drunken

A good chance.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 11 Nov 2010, 09:01

Sweet. boozin
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by simkat Thu 11 Nov 2010, 09:36

WACA 16,17,18 and 19 Dec.

I've been working in Tom Price for the last three weeks and yesterday I was having a chat about the cricket with one of the fridgees. He is planning on going to the Sydney test and hoping for a decider there so I asked him to check his roster for Dec in case it's 2-0 after Adelaide. Turns out we will both be in Perth at the same time and flying back home on the same day. I have now offloaded my guest pass and he is going to the WACA. cheers

I like going to the Shield matches too. You can turn up at any time and get a good seat, as opposed to lining up at 6.00am and making an undignified charge when you finally make it through the gate 2+ hours later. And the best thing is I don't have to sit near anybody with a radio - those things drive me nuts. Apart from putting up with all the non-cricket drivel, if I wanted to hear someone tell me what was going on in front of my own eyes I'd stay at home and watch it on the teev ... and Johnson comes in to bowl ... I fng know that already banghead

Quibbles aside: test cricket! cheers
simkat
simkat

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 11 Nov 2010, 10:59

You're a rare chick, sk. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Thu 11 Nov 2010, 21:55

The boxing day test match in Melbourne believe it or not.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next