Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you end up with these figures *question mark*

+10
eowyn
lardbucket
WideWally
embee
spangler
Growler
skully
taipan
Brass Monkey
Yorkie Jill
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How do you end up with these figures *question mark* Empty How do you end up with these figures *question mark*

Post by Yorkie Jill Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:31

0.1 0 14 0 4 0

4 no balls, ok. 1 legitimate ball. Presumably she got injured or taken out of the attack, but where do the rest of the runs come from. I don`t have a question mark on this laptop, so I`m stating the obvious for all to see.
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

How do you end up with these figures *question mark* 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

How do you end up with these figures *question mark* Empty Re: How do you end up with these figures *question mark*

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:33

Your figures don't make sense. That's a terrible way to write them.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

How do you end up with these figures *question mark* Empty Re: How do you end up with these figures *question mark*

Post by taipan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:33

Yorkie Jill wrote:0.1 0 14 0 4 0

4 no balls, ok. 1 legitimate ball. Presumably she got injured or taken out of the attack, but where do the rest of the runs come from. I don`t have a question mark on this laptop, so I`m stating the obvious for all to see.

Um, you hit a no ball to the boundary or even take normal runs off it.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:34

Brass Monkey wrote:Your figures don't make sense. That's a terrible way to write them.

Seem okay to me.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:35

So what's the string, YJ?

Balls-Maidens-Runs-Wkts-No balls-then what?

Could it be 2 lots of 5 wides - bouncing the lassy at the other end twice, flying over the keeper's head? Would that be in the No balls tally?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:36

taipan wrote:
Yorkie Jill wrote:0.1 0 14 0 4 0

Um, you hit a no ball to the boundary or even take normal runs off it.
Ah yes, 4 no balls that have 10 runs taken off them. Damn, that's an ordinary over. All very Mohammad Sami-like when he's on the massive take. Mad
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:38

What match/bowler was this?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:40

blame playcricket. Not me. Thanks.

0.1 over, no maidens, 14 runs, no wickets, 4 no balls, no wides.

Ahhh, thank you. I was thinking 4 no balls, as in one no ball that went for 4, but that`s definitely not the case.

Was a girl in northern premier league.

Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:40

One legit ball and she pulls a fetlock. memorable day.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:44

Yorkie Jill wrote:blame playcricket. Not me. Thanks.

0.1 over, no maidens, 14 runs, no wickets, 4 no balls, no wides.

Ahhh, thank you. I was thinking 4 no balls, as in one no ball that went for 4, but that`s definitely not the case.

Was a girl in northern premier league.

No, has to be 4 no balls. Can only concede 1 no ball, per no ball if you get my drift.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:54

Jill, the batsman faced five deliveries, only one of which were legitimate.

Of the four called as no-ball, maybe two were hit as boundaries, and a single taken off each of the other two ... a total of 10 runs.

Add the 4 penalty runs ( one for each NB ) and there's your analysis of "14 runs off one ball"

Hope that clarifies it Smile
Growler
Growler

How do you end up with these figures *question mark* MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:55

nup, was thinking wides. remember at Lord`s when there was an awful girl bowling, and in indoor, you can go for 6 wides. Plus the umpire would sing his calls. `no-o ba-all!` `si-ix wi-ides!`

Thanks Growler, it right stumped me!
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:56

Growler wrote:Jill, the batsman faced five deliveries, only one of which were legitimate.

Of the four called as no-ball, maybe two were hit as boundaries, and a single taken off each of the other two ... a total of 10 runs.

Add the 4 penalty runs ( one for each NB ) and there's your analysis of "14 runs off one ball"

That was my take Growls, but what about a no ball called for height that goes for extra runs?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:57

and you can use my ? if you want. I've got no use for it.
spangler
spangler

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:02

How do you end up with these figures *question mark* Question_mark

Have all these too Jill. I'm tired of the colour, I think I'm going to revamp my baddies hideout.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:04

Thanks Spang. I can see the ? on the top left of the key which has a plus in a box to the top right, forward slash bottom left and accented E: É bottom right. I can only get the É with shift. The ? is lost to me.

You saved my questiony day.
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:11

taipan wrote:
Growler wrote:Jill, the batsman faced five deliveries, only one of which were legitimate.

That was my take Growls, but what about a no ball called for height that goes for extra runs?

Doesn't matter what variety of no ball ...

and it could also be one of the comps where no-balls count as two runs on their own before actual runs taken are considered
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:12

Brass Monkey wrote:How do you end up with these figures *question mark* Question_mark

Have all these too Jill. I'm tired of the colour, I think I'm going to revamp my baddies hideout.
I knew you seemed familiar, Dan.

How do you end up with these figures *question mark* The_Riddler_%28BF%29

The red hair and green lycra suits you. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:19

Yorkie Jill wrote:Thanks Spang. I can see the ? on the top left of the key which has a plus in a box to the top right, forward slash bottom left and accented E: É bottom right. I can only get the É with shift. The ? is lost to me.

Hello Jill.

My name is Daniel. I once played with a computer. To me, it sounds like you've got a frog in your keyboard. I can help you fix this, if you so wish to.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:26

That Daniel is a top guy, no?

How do you end up with these figures *question mark* Computer_geek-13818
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:30

embee wrote:
taipan wrote:

and it could also be one of the comps where no-balls count as two runs on their own before actual runs taken are considered

My problem is what happens if a no ball called for height, goes for 4. How are the runs reflected?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:36

Brass Monkey wrote:
Yorkie Jill wrote:Thanks Spang. I can see the ? on the top left of the key which has a plus in a box to the top right, forward slash bottom left and accented E: É bottom right. I can only get the É with shift. The ? is lost to me.

Hello Jill.

My name is Daniel. I once played with a computer. To me, it sounds like you've got a frog in your keyboard. I can help you fix this, if you so wish to.

Bonjour Daniel. I do indeed have a frog, or, a grenouille, dans my laptop. How do I get around it to have the question mark backÉ - stoopid É.
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:41

And just why is the Guv looking shocked at the Mitre, Jilly? Why? What? When?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:42

embee wrote:
taipan wrote:

embee I think you're missing the point of the question buddy.

A front-foot NB creamed to the boundary scores 4 to the batsman concerned, and one extra, correct ?

But a "height NB" 3 feet over the keeper going to the boundary ....... is that 4 extras (for the boundary) or 5 (boundary and "penalty run") - as plainly the batsman can't have them ?

Am I right in thinking thats what you meant taips?
Growler
Growler

How do you end up with these figures *question mark* MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 13:44

Growler wrote:
embee wrote:
taipan wrote:

embee I think you're missing the point of the question buddy.

A front-foot NB creamed to the boundary scores 4 to the batsman concerned, and one extra, correct ?

But a "height NB" 3 feet over the keeper going to the boundary ....... is that 4 extras (for the boundary) or 5 (boundary and "penalty run) - as plainly the batsman can't have them ?

Am I right in thinking thats what you meant taips?

Yep, that's what I'm trying to establish. If its a no ball that the keeper misses surely the extras go to byes.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next