Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (III)

+17
Leo
WideWally
Zat
Hass
G.Wood
lardbucket
Mick Sawyer
horace
Invader Zim
Bradman
bodyline
skully
embee
Paul Keating
JGK
Big Dog
taipan
21 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (III) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (III)

Post by JGK Thu 21 Jul 2011, 00:49

bodyline wrote:
JGK wrote:Do you even know the meaning of the word "lie"?

Yes

The evidence suggests otherwise. Care to share your definition?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (III) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (III)

Post by Invader Zim Thu 21 Jul 2011, 01:58

At the risk of elevating this ‘debate’ I’ll make a couple of points and then withdraw:

Labor will lose the next election – and they deserve to. 2007-2012 will be seen as a massive opportunity lost and not all the blame can be directed to the hubris of Rudd. Where are the Walsh’s, the Dawkins, and the Evans of this administration? Stephen Smith is about the only Minister who has had his reputation enhanced.

The Carbon Tax will not be changed by a Coalition Government – control of the Senate will be with the Greens for years to come, you can’t roll back a tax like this, and the sensible people within the Coalition know it’s the right thing to do anyway; it’s about changing the economy, not changing the environment.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:35

Big Dog wrote:
JGK wrote:I only asked if you Tories knew what the word "lie" meant.

It really isn't any more tricky than that.

Still waiting for a response.

I already know what your response is going to be & Howard did'nt make any last ditched untruths to secure a close election....unlike Juliar. Her lie was calculated & devisive & has been perpetuated by her denials.

....children overboard
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:39

Invader Zim wrote:At the risk of elevating this ‘debate’ I’ll make a couple of points and then withdraw:

Labor will lose the next election – and they deserve to. 2007-2012 will be seen as a massive opportunity lost and not all the blame can be directed to the hubris of Rudd. Where are the Walsh’s, the Dawkins, and the Evans of this administration? Stephen Smith is about the only Minister who has had his reputation enhanced.

The Carbon Tax will not be changed by a Coalition Government – control of the Senate will be with the Greens for years to come, you can’t roll back a tax like this, and the sensible people within the Coalition know it’s the right thing to do anyway; it’s about changing the economy, not changing the environment.

goodonya zimmy...a very sage post...a dismal record to date with worse to come under Gillard
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:46

horace wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

I already know what your response is going to be & Howard did'nt make any last ditched untruths to secure a close election....unlike Juliar. Her lie was calculated & devisive & has been perpetuated by her denials.

....children overboard

That's hardly an unmandated tax. And it is debateable about whether Howard lied.

bodyline

Aus Federal Politics thread (III) - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2335
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:50

it was worse barney...it played the racist card
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:56

The question of invading Iraq is not a simple right/wrong./
Yes it is.
Saddam was a bad man ...removing him was good
There would be 30 or 40 governments with worse human rights records that Saddam's Iraq.
Unfortunately cutting the head off the snake hasn't killed it.
Which underlines the stupidity of the intervention.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 21 Jul 2011, 02:58

...and you ignored the Libyan alternative
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 03:19

sorry embee...can't agree re the Iraq intervention...the western clique had no more rationale for intervention there then anywhere else...the intervention has caused a quantum leap in national misery and boosted the ranks of the jihadists
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 21 Jul 2011, 03:29

H

The misery was always there ...it's just got a free media able to expose it ...even if only to blame it on the western clique
the jihadists would have found some other excuse for joining up ...

Personally ...I probably wouldnt have gone into Iraq ...but I dont know if I would have done anything different to Howard if I was PM of Oz when the decision had to be made ...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 21 Jul 2011, 03:41

Invader Zim wrote:At the risk of elevating this ‘debate’ I’ll make a couple of points and then withdraw:

sage ... once you're over 20 (? 30) you don't vote for a mob for reasons of idealism alone ... competence has to enter into it

Gillard SHOULD lose the next election for the same reason Howard lost the 2007 election ... hopeless; the Nation needs an enema.

Stephen Smith? It's because he's a Wozzie, right?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 21 Jul 2011, 04:46

Big Dog wrote:

I think JGK is angling towards she believed it be true at the time so it wasn't a lie. It would come more under the banner of a broken promise
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 21 Jul 2011, 06:58

embee wrote:H

The misery was always there ...it's just got a free media able to expose it ...even if only to blame it on the western clique
the jihadists would have found some other excuse for joining up ...

Personally ...I probably wouldnt have gone into Iraq ...but I dont know if I would have done anything different to Howard if I was PM of Oz when the decision had to be made ...

Well you might have chosen not to spend billions of dollars to send half a dozen Australians to their deaths and create lifelong physical and mental problems for scores more, all for no discernable gain.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:19

Is the assumption there that we simply went to into Iraq of our own accord? Were we not asked by the US to be part of the "coalition of the willing"? Are you telling me that a pinko Govt would've said "no"? You're kidding, right?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105982

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:33

JGK wrote:
Well you might have chosen not to spend billions of dollars to send half a dozen Australians to their deaths and create lifelong physical and mental problems for scores more, all for no discernable gain.

Are we still going on about the pink bat scheme?
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:33

Heh. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:34

it was a brett lee half volley
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:36

To be honest, I thought skully would jump on it before RD did.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:39

I gave him half an hour
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:42

JGK wrote:To be honest, I thought skully would jump on it before RD did.
I'm a changed man, JGK. I live in fear of the Badger Pack. Very Happy

And I did promise not to ever mention it again. A bit like you blokes and harping about LJH. Oh well, pinkos can't lie straight in bed, so no biggy. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:45

it is "ljh" S
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:48

skully wrote:Is the assumption there that we simply went to into Iraq of our own accord? Were we not asked by the US to be part of the "coalition of the willing"? Are you telling me that a pinko Govt would've said "no"? You're kidding, right?
No response, boys? columbo
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:50

a decent pinko crew would say thanx but no thanx to Dubbya's invite and would have counselled the seppos against invasion
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:51

I do not subscribe to the view that we have to unfurl our umbrellas everytime it rains in Washington
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:54

horace wrote:a decent pinko crew would say thanx but no thanx to Dubbya's invite and would have counselled the seppos against invasion

Oxymoron?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next