Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England's ODI, T20, and World T20 squads announced

+5
taipan
The One
Brass Monkey
PeterCS
Henry
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

England's ODI, T20, and World T20 squads announced Empty England's ODI, T20, and World T20 squads announced

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2012, 10:58

England NatWest ODI Series squad- Cook, Anderson, Bairstow, Bell, Bopara, Bresnan, Dernbach, Finn, Kieswetter, Morgan, Patel, Swann, Trott & Woakes

England NatWest International T20 squad - Broad, Bairstow, Bopara, Bresnan, Briggs, Buttler, Dernbach, Finn, Hales, Kieswetter, Lumb, Morgan, Patel, Swann & Wright

England men squad for ICC World T20 - Broad, Bairstow, Bopara, Bresnan, Briggs, Buttler, Dernbach, Finn, Hales, Kieswetter, Lumb, Morgan, Patel, Swann & Wright

Dernbach for ODIs??!! Ridiculous. You'd think he was the only English bowler to ever bowl a slower ball. And most batsmen worth their salt can pick it nowdays. 0-50 off 7 overs gash coming up.

Also, I have no idea why Bresnan keeps getting picked for ODIs. Look at that average and economy rate after what.....over 50 ODIs? Is he still "a work in progress" or is an average of 35 and an economy rate of over 5 considered good enough by England?

Where's Meaker?? Attitude problems? Too Surrey and South African for the current regime? FFS. He's a talent. He has pace, he MIGHT just amount to something approaching a very useful weapon with the 2013 Ashes in mind. I would have thought now would be a good time to give him a decent run in international cricket and see what he's made of.

And oh, looky looky. I'll be damned if Puke Shite Sussex hasn't found his way back into the mix. Although to be fair, he's having a pretty decent season. Hopefully this is the year he finally middles one in international cricket.

Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

England's ODI, T20, and World T20 squads announced Empty Re: England's ODI, T20, and World T20 squads announced

Post by PeterCS Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:12

"And oh, looky looky. I'll be damned if Puke Shite Sussex hasn't found his way back into the mix. Although to be fair, he's having a pretty decent season."

You seem to be arguing against yourself?

"Hopefully this is the year he finally middles one in international cricket."

FWIW I don't think edging it is his main problem, but that his timing is often wrong. He lays a tremendous farqin Albert Trott swipe into the ball and it goes 30 yards into a fielder's hands.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

England's ODI, T20, and World T20 squads announced Empty Re: England's ODI, T20, and World T20 squads announced

Post by PeterCS Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:16

You seem to be favoured in T20 if your name starts with a B. Maybe it sounds more aggressive.

Watch out for Brior, Boakes, Beaker, Baylor - and perhaps Bietersen.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:17

Wright's selection is the only one I'm pleased about. The rest are f*cking bobbins and they can suck on my gnarled fat one.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:19

Pleased? Why Sir? Granted he's a trier. But I can already see him trying to slog Morkel, being about 26 seconds late on the shot, and splicing it to mid wicket.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:20

Monkey:

tbf, Kieswetter isn't too bad ....

Maybe you were thinking of Steven Davies with your last comment? (Chance was a fine thing)
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:16

Henry wrote:Pleased? Why Sir? Granted he's a trier. But I can already see him trying to slog Morkel, being about 26 seconds late on the shot, and splicing it to mid wicket.

Because the results have been coming pretty much the world over for the last year. He deserves his return.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:17

PeterCS wrote:Monkey:

tbf, Kieswetter isn't too bad ....

Maybe you were thinking of Steven Davies with your last comment? (Chance was a fine thing)

Beddy's OK - though he pisses his pants on wickets with little bounce.

Davies wouldn't want a portion of this.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:24

so kp is well and truly done?

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:37

I don't think so. I think they're telling him he's a naughty boy and he should be on the naughty step at least until November.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:47

I think England wont pick him until he reveals what he wrote in those text messages, and then when he does reveal it, he'll be suspended for another six months.

He might just make the Ashes.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:50

Henry wrote:I think England wont pick him until he reveals what he wrote in those text messages, and then when he does reveal it, he'll be suspended for another six months.

So much for the 5th amendment.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:52

PeterCS wrote:You seem to be favoured in T20 if your name starts with a B. Maybe it sounds more aggressive.

Watch out for Brior, Boakes, Beaker, Baylor - and perhaps Bietersen.

True, all those Bs and no other letter repeated.

As for KP, in time the books of ex-England players could make interesting reading.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17076
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:52

maybe the exit of strauss might facilitate a return. he's got at least 4 years left at the top

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:00

Henry wrote:I think England wont pick him until he reveals what he wrote in those text messages, and then when he does reveal it, he'll be suspended for another six months.

Honestly, I cannot convey the extent of your chest-patting hysterical queenishness.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:05

ECB to KP.

Look Kevin we know you are not English but let us explain how democracy works in England. If you give us the private information contained in your personal texts, we will use that information to ban you. If you do not give us the the information, we will ban you anyway by not picking you.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:08

Naughty step for Henry?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:12

You don't have to convey it! I like watching the guy bat, but you can't just berate your captain- a highly respected man, behind his back and expect to get away with it. He acted like a complete c*nt, made an outstanding attempt to bite off the hand that's fed him for the last 11 years, and it's everyone else's fault in English cricket but his? Please....

I like watching England knowing that all 11 players on the field are 100% dedicated to representing their country. I don't want some egotistical South African playing for himself under the guise of England then at the end of the day texting and phoning all his Saffie mates and telling them what a bunch of c*nts we all are.

Even he was starting to feel the joke was getting old, and wanted to come clean and play for the Delhi Devils and Sydney Suckers as a freelance, but the ECB was nice enough to get angry about that idea.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:16

Henry wrote:You don't have to convey it! I like watching the guy bat, but you can't just berate your captain- a highly respected man, behind his back and expect to get away with it. He acted like a complete c*nt, made an outstanding attempt to bite off the hand that's fed him for the last 11 years, and it's everyone else's fault in English cricket but his? Please....

I like watching England knowing that all 11 players on the field are 100% dedicated to representing their country. I don't want some egotistical South African playing for himself under the guise of England then at the end of the day texting and phoning all his Saffie mates and telling them what a bunch of c*nts we all are.

Even he was starting to feel the joke was getting old, and wanted to come clean and play for the Delhi Devils and Sydney Suckers as a freelance, but the ECB was nice enough to get angry about that idea.
[b]

So now he's a South African? Jaysus Trev your hypocrisy is growing by the minute.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:22

He'll always be a South African. He never stopped loving his Country. Just their cricketing setup. But I don't hold that against him. A person can't just click their fingers and have no emotional attachment to their Country at all. I'm glad he didn't do that. But I'd hoped his commitment to his adopted Country on the cricket field was genuine. I didn't give a f*ck if he was on the first plane to Durban when the English Summer finished.

Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:25

Henry wrote:He'll always be a South African. He never stopped loving his Country. Just their cricketing setup. But I don't hold that against him. A person can't just click their fingers and have no emotional attachment to their Country at all. I'm glad he didn't do that. But I'd hoped his commitment to his adopted Country on the cricket field was genuine. I didn't give a f*ck if he was on the first plane to Durban when the English Summer finished.

Once again, that is not what you said back in 2005
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2012, 13:38

I never thought he was a through and through Englishman who had suddenly developed a love of donning his flat cap and barbour jacket and walking through driving rain across the moors with his dogs. But I believed him when he said he was 100% committed to English cricket. Maybe he was back than. Who knows.....
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 21 Aug 2012, 17:50

Anyway, muddled thinking across the squads once again. Puke Shite has proven more than enough times he's not up to it... and they're repeating the MBE fiasco by trying to recreate the 2010 side (minus Colly, KP and Sidearse, who were the captain and perhaps best batsman and bowler in that tournament!) Holland, Ireland... Afghanistan? Wouldn't rule it out!

And the same old unimaginative ODI selection again, not that there's any surprise there as they rarely change a losing team never mind a winning one. I suspect they will be shown the WI series was another false dawn.

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 21 Aug 2012, 17:56

Re: the ODI team - I'm glad. If they're so brilliant, let's smash the Saffies.

As for Wright, word has it that he's sorted his game out a bit... not so much in to out. His dobbers have apparently gone a little backwards though, which weakens his status in the side. Would be nice to have him for a full four overs and get even another batsman in there.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2012, 23:37

I saw Wright play one spectacular innings for the Hobart Hurricanes where every slog was finding the middle of the bat and he ended up with a 40 ball century. The stars aligned that day.

I still reckon they should have kept Ben St Oakes in the squad. If a guy has talent, back him, regardless of current form. And he's the closest English cricket has to a Flintoff-type player at the moment. I see he found a bit of batting form for Durham yesterday as well. Oh well. There was a time when the selectors saw through poor form, pecking orders, and Sussex-ness to pick players who clearly had something about them, regardless of form.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next