Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stats gurus

4 posters

Go down

Stats gurus Empty Stats gurus

Post by Maddog Tue 04 Jun 2024, 17:48

How many people do we have on this forum and who have been here the longest? Out of interest. Say the top 10.

Maddog

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2024-02-02

Back to top Go down

Stats gurus Empty Re: Stats gurus

Post by skully Tue 04 Jun 2024, 23:56

If you look at the registration date in the Members section at the top of the Forum you see when everyone joined the place. Based on that list, and active posters, the ones who have been here the longest (in order of registration) are:

LeFromage (the Forum creator though he rarely posts these days - the Artist formerly known as Dello)
skully
JGK (not so active recently but I know he's still alive!!)
WideWally
embee
lardbucket
Nath
furriner
horace
Fred Nerk
Red
OPTipping
Fromage (the current Moderator)
Blackadder (hasn't posted in a bit)
tricycle
Lost Wombat
Maddog

I believe Growler, Basil, PeterSC, Demelza, DJ Smerk and a few others may still post if the Ashes are on.

So the answer to "how many people are on this Forum" would be around 20. Sad when you consider it was once active enough to generate 22,000 post in one month (January 2008 in the wake of the SCG Test between Aus and India).

If I have missed anyone, humble apologies.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106496
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Red and Maddog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu 20 Jun 2024, 08:02

Thanks, that is a monumental decline in people. Why do so many leave? I get it that some may die of old age, but it's not like you have to be super fit to be here! 20? Blimey. Just 16 of those regular contributors?
Well call it quality not quantity, a niche group.
Maybe!

Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu 20 Jun 2024, 08:05

After having a quick peruse i see quite a few have left suddenly, after posting thousands of times. Taipan for one.

Maddog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Thu 20 Jun 2024, 09:52

Taips still drops in occasionally under what he seems to think is heavy disguise

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8917
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

skully likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 20 Jun 2024, 12:55

The place has long been a place full of shitfights. A bit of a shame when you look at some of the classic threads in the first few years of this place's existence, which still make me PMSLing (check out the Forum Gold thread). Laughing Cool

This has lead to quite a lot of offended sooks flouncing, bored observers getting sick of shitfights and leaving, the odd political departure (Shoey did NOT like the whole Elders thing), natural attrition, and people just moving on with their lives i.e. there are far better things to do with your life than inhabit a tiny little cricket Forum. There's also been quite a few trolls who attempted to cause trouble but were hounded away by the more hardened and resilient posters.

I'd like to think that the fact that the place has mostly Aussie posters is due to us being a pack of hard-nosed, thick-skinned squinty qunts. It's sad that some of our tougher Pom mates such as Danny, JKL, Dello and others, have chosen to vacate. And WTF ever happened to tac?? Did he kick the bucket??
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 20 Jun 2024, 13:07

Probably.

The jibe above about ‘dying of old age’ is in rather poor taste when reflecting on mynah, RD, Big Dog, and tac.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38535
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 20 Jun 2024, 13:36

Indeed.

When we started in this place in 2007 it was quite inconceivable that we'd lose quite a few of the more prolific (and witty, or shitty, in tac's case  Cool ) posters through ill-health. No
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down