Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel 9 commentary

+10
WideWally
Fred Nerk
Gary 111
*Buckaroo*
horace
Henry
please don't yell
lardbucket
JKLever
Basil
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Channel 9 commentary - Page 2 Empty Re: Channel 9 commentary

Post by doremi Thu 27 Dec 2007, 10:36

Slater is quite good, atleast when he commentates for Star Cricket.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 27 Dec 2007, 21:05

lardbucket wrote:It's hard to be enthusiastic about ANY of the team. It's sad, but true, that Ritchie is still the most likely to offer an insight not obvious from vision alone, though not so often now. I sense he is being eased out by the new channel 9 management and that Lawry and Greig are not far behind. Occasionally Chappelli comes out with something worthwhile in commentary, but years of argumentative tosspottery undermine these rare glimpses of the strategic gems and observational skills he learned in his youth. Poor Bill is only tolerable when there isn't any suggestion of a wicket falling, Slater is a certifiable loon, Taylor mostly reminds me of a hiccupping Deliverance yokel, and Greig is a boring old fart who can't even name the batsman correctly half the time. Healy analyses the keeping well but hasn't much else to offer. Nicholas 'well HELLLOOO' is an inconsequential bloated buffoon. And then on the ABC there's Kerry O'Keeffe ...
Lardy has saved me from making similar observations. There's very little positive to be said about any of the tossers on Nein.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 27 Dec 2007, 21:07

horace wrote:"And then on the ABC there's Kerry O'Keeffe ..."

confession - I not only enjoy listening to skull (esp when on with Hash Brown) but I also enjoy listening to Roebuck
Why does that not surprise me?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2