Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graeme Smith felt threatened by me: Klusener

+3
Fred Nerk
furriner
HH_pink
7 posters

Go down

Graeme Smith felt threatened by me: Klusener Empty Graeme Smith felt threatened by me: Klusener

Post by HH_pink Fri 04 Jan 2008, 01:06

He says so here.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Graeme Smith felt threatened by me: Klusener APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Graeme Smith felt threatened by me: Klusener Empty Re: Graeme Smith felt threatened by me: Klusener

Post by furriner Fri 04 Jan 2008, 02:10

Interesting interview with Zulu. For me, confirms what seemed the impression back then- that the two did not get along.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Graeme Smith felt threatened by me: Klusener Empty Re: Graeme Smith felt threatened by me: Klusener

Post by furriner Fri 04 Jan 2008, 02:17

I wonder what role Smith has to play in the Pollock situation....
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Fri 04 Jan 2008, 02:24

99% of humanity would be annoyed by Captain Titanic, but Loose Skrewsner seems exactly the type of bloke that would find him even more annoying than the rest of us do.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Fri 04 Jan 2008, 03:16

Loopy Lance would frighten his own children.

I guess that if Smiffy is still shagging that glamour then he won't GaF what Zulu or any of his critics has to say or think. He knows that he is and they aren't.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 04 Jan 2008, 06:17

The bottom line is that Zulu was not a team player. Refused to practice and so on. Even when he captained Natal he would drop himself down the order when conditions didn't suit him, leading to the crazy situation of him batting at 9 in provincial one dayers.

This is not to excuse Smith, but be careful of what Klusener says. He is a tad egocentric.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Fri 04 Jan 2008, 06:22

taipan wrote:The bottom line is that Zulu was not a team player. Refused to practice and so on. Even when he captained Natal he would drop himself down the order when conditions didn't suit him, leading to the crazy situation of him batting at 9 in provincial one dayers.

This is not to excuse Smith, but be careful of what Klusener says. He is a tad egocentric.

Yes I see, I think this reply sums it up:

Your consistently brilliant performance in that World Cup triggered off
great expectations. Did you always carry the weight of those
expectations in your subsequent career?

Yes, I think so. It was very hard to always live up to those huge
expectations. But it was also heartening to know that people were
confident about my ability. I set the standards in 1998-1999 and it was
important for the rest of us to live up to those standards and
expectations.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Graeme Smith felt threatened by me: Klusener APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hilda Fri 04 Jan 2008, 17:22

taipan wrote:The bottom line is that Zulu was not a team player. Refused to practice and so on. Even when he captained Natal he would drop himself down the order when conditions didn't suit him, leading to the crazy situation of him batting at 9 in provincial one dayers.

Have to differ from you there old friend - a tad egocentric.

Klusener would have to walk sideways through a door because that is the only way his bloody swollen head would fit through it.
Hilda
Hilda

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 04 Jan 2008, 19:50

Hilda wrote:

Klusener would have to walk sideways through a door because that is the only way his bloody swollen head would fit through it.

Hilda sweetheart, I was applying understatement.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Fri 04 Jan 2008, 21:02

Taipan - ah, ok.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by leg glancer Fri 04 Jan 2008, 23:20

For all his flaws, I really do miss him. The public was robbed.
leg glancer
leg glancer

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hilda Sat 05 Jan 2008, 17:27

taipan wrote:
Hilda wrote:

Hilda sweetheart, I was applying understatement.

I knew that my darling loveisintheair
Hilda
Hilda

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2007-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down