Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

+14
Chivalry Augustus
embee
Bradman
Lara Lara Laughs
horace
WideWally
Big Dog
lardbucket
PeterCS
Ethics? The Gall!
Brass Monkey
skully
taipan
JGK
18 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II - Page 15 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

Post by beamer Mon 07 Aug 2017, 21:39

taipan wrote:
beamer wrote:
Basil wrote:Is this a good time to say that I have never watched a second of this and I have absolutely no chuffing idea about what's going on?
It's never too late, you won't regret it... speaking as someone who was a sceptic until pretty recently.

While I guess it's possible to just dip in now and enjoy the action, it's not the same as watching it from the start and really understanding the back stories of all the main characters.

It's not about the action. There are no heroes who are not badly flawed in some way. Okay some of the bodies are just that, but none of the good guys are without their dark side.
Yeah, exactly... the action sequences are increasingly impressive on a cinematic scale, but if that's all a viewer gets from it they might as well watch some vacuous superhero movie. It's about the characters who draw you in from episode 1, who you change your views of constantly, who are rarely 100% good or evil.

This season has been consistently compelling on many levels - only slight negative is that it seems to have settled into a bit of a formula of the first two thirds of an episode being build-up and dialogue in two or three places, and then everything kicking off somewhere else in the last part. We're overdue a mega-twist or explosive moment early on in an episode... and will Ep6 follow the traditional Ep9 single location epic format?

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II - Page 15 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) II

Post by beamer Mon 07 Aug 2017, 21:50

Also we haven't lost a really big character yet this season. Only the Sand Snakes, Ellaria and Olenna have departed the scene so far (along with all the unnamed minor Frey lords). Assuming Jaime and Bronn survive their brush with dragon fire, who will be the first major casualty, and will they save it for the last episode?

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 07 Aug 2017, 22:16

I'm a bit lost as to who we could lose. Was thinking Jaime but he will have a showdown with Cersei. Maybe Cersei then? Bronn isn't really major. Grey worm ditto.

One would think the remaining Starks will survive. Jorah will probably go.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 07 Aug 2017, 22:28

Yeah, I think the biggest names were signed up for seasons 7 and 8 in advance, but whether that guarantees they will all make it to the final one I'm not sure. All the Starks, Lannisters and Targaryens seem pretty central to the climax of the plot now (whereas Ned, Robb etc. were expendable even if the viewers didn't realise it at the time). But I still wonder if there's a major twist to come, rather than just offing all the "major minor" characters like Bronn/Jorah/Grey Worm.

Littlefinger's luck might run out soon, but it's probably just as likely he will end up on the Iron Throne Laughing

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 07 Aug 2017, 22:36

Theon might just go out in a blaze this season and Varys can't have long left.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 07 Aug 2017, 23:11

Of the big 5, I'd say only Cersei is a chance of falling this season but realistically I think she'll be captured and imprisoned.

We could get the Clegane Bowl this season.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 07 Aug 2017, 23:18

Yeah, we saw loads of the Hound in episode 1 but no sighting at all since... where was he heading?

Meanwhile, Meera has seemingly achieved the rare feat for a minor character of getting out alive having outlived her plot purpose (or maybe the Reeds will still have a role to play? We've only seen her dad in Bran flashbacks but he's seemingly still alive in the show's real timeline.)

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 08 Aug 2017, 04:15

Wasn't he going North?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 08 Aug 2017, 04:21

Can someone kill Ed Sheeran?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 08 Aug 2017, 05:05

Given the general level of attrition it is amazing that I can count at least 11 survivors from episode 1.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 08 Aug 2017, 05:33

taipan wrote:Given the general level of attrition it is amazing that I can count at least 11 survivors from episode 1.

Jaimie
Cersei
Tyrion
Jon
Dany
Sansa
Arya
Bran
Jorah
Theon
The Hound

Littlefinger?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 08 Aug 2017, 06:36

Littlefinger and Varys were episode 3 I think.

Benjen
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 08 Aug 2017, 06:43

White Walker #2?

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 08 Aug 2017, 06:48

Hot Pie appeared in S01E01 (Hot Pie appearances)
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 08 Aug 2017, 06:56

skully wrote:Hot Pie appeared in S01E01 (Hot Pie appearances)

No he didn't
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 08 Aug 2017, 07:03

Ah yes. Misread.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 08 Aug 2017, 07:21

beamer wrote:Yeah, we saw loads of the Hound in episode 1 but no sighting at all since... where was he heading?

Meanwhile, Meera has seemingly achieved the rare feat for a minor character of getting out alive having outlived her plot purpose (or maybe the Reeds will still have a role to play? We've only seen her dad in Bran flashbacks but he's seemingly still alive in the show's real timeline.)

I think Meera will be back. Howland is the only one who can confirm L+R=J
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 08 Aug 2017, 08:05

taipan wrote:
beamer wrote:Yeah, we saw loads of the Hound in episode 1 but no sighting at all since... where was he heading?

I think Meera will be back. Howland is the only one who can confirm L+R=J

Indeed. We were just discussing that exact point at work today.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 08 Aug 2017, 08:16

I thought that originally, but then again given Bran's demonstrations of his powers that we've seen, the one who knows nothing might believe the one who knows everything, without the only living witness to his birth being required?

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 08 Aug 2017, 08:25

beamer wrote:I thought that originally, but then again given Bran's demonstrations of his powers that we've seen, the one who knows nothing might believe the one who knows everything, without the only living witness to his birth being required?

Is possible, but don't forget, Jon's warging powers have been completely ignored in the series.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Wed 09 Aug 2017, 14:26

I can imagine Meera's return home... "Four years since you went for a walk in the forest, and not so much as a text? Did you not even take an iron coin for the phone box? Your dinner's still on the table... and I told you to look after your brother, don't give me that crap about zombie skeletons and three-eyed ravens!" Wink

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 14 Aug 2017, 03:35

S07E05.

Spoiler:
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 14 Aug 2017, 03:57

taipan wrote:? might just go out in a blaze this season and Varys can't have long left.

Nigel in Gomer Pyle surprise surprise surprise shocker.....hows the view from upstairs Nobbie
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 14 Aug 2017, 07:42

Spoiler:
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 14 Aug 2017, 21:03

Found that a slightly disappointing, rather fragmented episode after the fireworks of the previous two. But I guess the show had to pause for breath a bit before the traditional manic last two episodes of the season...

Some interesting reveals anyway, and Sam could now be rightful heir to the South with his father and brother having been Drogoned (and the Tyrells and all the named Dornish characters also now being history). If only he could escape his Night's Watch vows that is...

So, what's to come in the next two? Obviously the big battle beyond the Wall with Jon, Tormund and the Brotherhood facing up to the White Walkers. Euron has to return and cause some more carnage. A big showdown with Arya/Sansa/Littlefinger... and surely more dragon action somewhere?

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next