Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramps: Australian team racially abused me

+22
Batman
skully
prasad14
horace
*Buckaroo*
Mick Sawyer
JGK
Invader Zim
tac
embee
Fred Nerk
HH_pink
doctorspin
Lara Lara Laughs
doremi
Makaveli
Basil
furriner
LeFromage
eowyn
Brass Monkey
JKLever
26 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ramps:  Australian team racially abused me - Page 2 Empty Re: Ramps: Australian team racially abused me

Post by furriner Tue 15 Jan 2008, 19:51

*Plays straight man* Sure he would JKL, sure he would.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12536
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Ramps:  Australian team racially abused me - Page 2 Empty Re: Ramps: Australian team racially abused me

Post by Makaveli Tue 15 Jan 2008, 19:52

JKLever wrote:Just to throw a little fuel onto the fire - wouldn't Ramps have played against teams with Ponting in the opposition Wink

How dare you question Pontings integrity.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 15 Jan 2008, 19:52

Ofcourse Ramps is only saying it because India lost.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2008, 19:54

JKLever wrote:Just to throw a little fuel onto the fire - wouldn't Ramps have played against teams with Ponting in the opposition Wink

Ohhhhh, yeah!

This is just so bloody sweet!

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 15 Jan 2008, 19:54

Perhaps the racism he saw against Ramprakash inspired Ponting to swear he would never back down before any injustice?
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Tue 15 Jan 2008, 19:57

furriner wrote:Perhaps the racism he saw against Ramprakash inspired Ponting to swear he would never back down before any injustice?

Ofcourse.
Makaveli
Makaveli

Number of posts : 1498

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 15 Jan 2008, 19:59

JKLever wrote:Ok then, taking bets.... how many pages do we reckon this thread will have by 9pm tomorrow?

Look Ma, we're at 3 already.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:00

Makaveli wrote:
furriner wrote:Perhaps the racism he saw against Ramprakash inspired Ponting to swear he would never back down before any injustice?

Ofcourse.

That must be it. He saw the racism directed at Ramps by some of his team-mates and decided to eradicate it from the sport he loves.

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:00

Sounds reasonable........ Oh!
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:02

Makaveli wrote:

Ofcourse.

It took him a few years to do it, but those are the synapses firing in the man's head, what can I say.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:04

Maybe Ramprakash taught Bhajji the word because he heard everyone call Devon Malcolm it on an Ashes tour.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:06

Or perhaps Ponting was considered unAustralian for sticking up for Ramps in the dressing room. Ponting was dropped for the fourth test of that series. He was replaced by....

Wait for it......

Boof.

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:07

Oh boy.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:09

Early contender for best thread of 2008. There'll be all sorts cracking off when Vikas sees this. He'll be unleashing his rhythm and flow - Hip to the crit to the ICAL. That sort of thing.

Just for the record, Ramps played against Hayden, Ponting, Gilly, and Lee from the current team.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:12

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Early contender for best thread of 2008. There'll be all sorts cracking off when Vikas sees this. He'll be unleashing his rhythm and flow - Hip to the crit to the ICAL. That sort of thing.

Just for the record, Ramps played against Hayden, Ponting, Gilly, and Lee from the current team.

Hipcritical. Sweet. He likes to criticise hips.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:13

I couldn't find a way to get an O in there without upsetting my flow. I blame Vanilla Ice.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:15

You could have said...Hippo?
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:15

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:I couldn't find a way to get an O in there without upsetting my flow. I blame Vanilla Ice.

Well, we can't all blame Robert Van Winkle all the time. Besides, 'ICAL' was hardly 'bare'.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:16

furriner wrote:You could have said...Hippo?

Vanilla would have done.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:19

All good points. I will go and study the works of Eric B and Daniel Dumile and return, more powerful than any rapper alive.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:22

Rakim 'Allah' is a good place to go. Bitta 36 Chambers... that sorta thing. There'll be a quiz tomorrow.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 15 Jan 2008, 20:31

TMSB have got a good little "proper hip hop" thread. I'm tempted to start one here, sometime.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Tue 15 Jan 2008, 22:46

Ramps's parents are from Guyana aren't they? So his immediate ancestory is West Indian. That will gis=ve the WIndies contingent a reason to get in on the act now!
doctorspin
doctorspin

Ramps:  Australian team racially abused me - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Tue 15 Jan 2008, 22:55

They're not Guyanese though ... his parents were/are Indian. "Born in Guyana to Indian parents".
HH_pink
HH_pink

Ramps:  Australian team racially abused me - Page 2 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 15 Jan 2008, 23:57

Homemade Chicken Soup

INGREDIENTS
· 1 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 whole chicken, breasts removed and reserved
· 2 onions
· 2 quarts boiling water
· Salt
· 2 bay leaves
· 1 large carrot
· 1 celery stalk
· 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
· 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
· Ground pepper
PREP WORK
You could use the breast meat in this soup recipe but I prefer to cook them separately in another recipe. If you do use them, wait until the soup is almost finished and then add them back to the pot until they are cooked through. Should only take about 8 to 10 minutes.
Dice the onion. Peel the carrots and cut them as well as the celery into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces then mince the fresh parsley leaves.
HOW TO MAKE AT HOME
Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot and sauté the breasts until they are light brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the breasts and set aside. Add half of the onions and sauté until translucent, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Cut up the remaining parts of the chicken (not the breasts) into small pieces to allow them to release their juices in the shortest time possible. This is the hardest part of the recipe. If you have a meat cleaver, it makes the job easier, but if you don’t, do the best you can with a chefs knife.
Add the pieces to the pot, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until no longer pink. Return the onion to the pot, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the chicken releases its juices, about 20 minutes. Add boiling water, reserved chicken breasts, 2 teaspoons of salt, and bay leaves. Cover and simmer until chicken breasts are cooked, about 20 minutes. Increase the heat if necessary.
Remove chicken breasts and set aside. Strain and reserve broth. Skim fat from the broth, reserving 2 tablespoons to be used to cook the vegetables. Add the reserved fat to the soup pot and sauté the remaining onions along with the carrot and celery for about 5 minutes.
When the chicken breasts are cool enough to handle, remove and discard the skin and bones. Shred the breast meat into bite sized pieces and add to the pot. Add thyme and reserved broth; simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Season with salt and pepper, add parsley and serve. You can also add noodles, orzo, or small pasta shells and cook until tender.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8917
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next