Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bond says he'll never play for NZ again.

+5
doremi
DJ_Smerk
JB
PlanetPakistan
Red
9 posters

Go down

Bond says he'll never play for NZ again. Empty Bond says he'll never play for NZ again.

Post by Red Tue 04 Nov 2008, 02:28

Seemed to be a bit of a cock-up all round.

'I will not play again for NZ'
2008-11-03 New Delhi - Fast bowler Shane Bond is upset with how he has been treated by New Zealand cricket officials and will never represent his country again, even if he gets a recall.

Bond, a genuinely quick but injury prone paceman, has been sidelined by New Zealand Cricket since he signed a contract with Delhi Giants in the unsanctioned Indian Cricket League.

The 33-year-old former police officer said he'd harboured hopes of again playing Test cricket when he originally got permission to play in the lucrative ICL Twenty20 competition.

But then his New Zealand contract was terminated when the Board of Control for Cricket in India set up its own Indian Premier League Twenty20 competition and insisted that any player involved in the rebel league be banned by their national boards.

"I'm disappointed with the way my country's cricket board treated me," he was quoted as telling Press Trust of India on Monday. "I don't want to represent New Zealand in Test matches or one-day internationals any more.

"Despite clearing me for the tournament earlier, the cricket board later changed their mind and stepped back from their stand. I am quite disappointed with that."
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17098
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Bond says he'll never play for NZ again. Empty Re: Bond says he'll never play for NZ again.

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 04 Nov 2008, 02:39

Red wrote:Seemed to be a bit of a cock-up all round.

'I will not play again for NZ'
2008-11-03 New Delhi - Fast bowler Shane Bond is upset with how he has been treated by New Zealand cricket officials and will never represent his country again, even if he gets a recall.

Bond, a genuinely quick but injury prone paceman, has been sidelined by New Zealand Cricket since he signed a contract with Delhi Giants in the unsanctioned Indian Cricket League.

The 33-year-old former police officer said he'd harboured hopes of again playing Test cricket when he originally got permission to play in the lucrative ICL Twenty20 competition.

But then his New Zealand contract was terminated when the Board of Control for Cricket in India set up its own Indian Premier League Twenty20 competition and insisted that any player involved in the rebel league be banned by their national boards.

"I'm disappointed with the way my country's cricket board treated me," he was quoted as telling Press Trust of India on Monday. "I don't want to represent New Zealand in Test matches or one-day internationals any more.

"Despite clearing me for the tournament earlier, the cricket board later changed their mind and stepped back from their stand. I am quite disappointed with that.
"

We all know that a GEM like you was treated like a dirt but world cricket needs you mate!

p.s There is more chance of a hailstorm in Kenya than for NZ to produce a cricketer of this caliber for another 10 years.

I hope NZ lose every match that they play and END UP BEGGING FOR Bond's return.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Bond says he'll never play for NZ again. Empty Re: Bond says he'll never play for NZ again.

Post by JB Tue 04 Nov 2008, 05:34

I still don't understand how the BCCI has any right to tell a foreign cricket board that one of their players should be banned. What does it have to do with them?
JB
JB

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-09-17
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 04 Nov 2008, 05:55

JB wrote:I still don't understand how the BCCI has any right to tell a foreign cricket board that one of their players should be banned. What does it have to do with them?

Spite. The IPL, which is sanctioned by the BCCI, must always take precedence over the ICL which was formed first.

Anyway counties like Kent, can stop players representing their country, for example Ryan McLaren from playing for SA.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17098
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Tue 04 Nov 2008, 12:14

Shane Bond, as we all know is clearly NZ's best Fast bowler and he is sorely missed within the NZ ranks (Re: struggling to turnover Bangladesh until the last day of the test).

I honestly do hope that once NZ start losing each Test series that they'll get the hint.

I highly doubt it, but one can always dream...Fingers crossed West Indies Wallop them on their home turf next year to justify the problem.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 04 Nov 2008, 12:16

It's a disgrace. Absolute disgrace. World cricket lost one of it's best pacers, and NZ lost it's best cricketer. All because NZC make Ricky Ponting look intelligent. FFS, how can you clear a player to play in a tournament and then ban him. It's so stupid.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 04 Nov 2008, 12:28

He is 33 years old and his test career was basically finished.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 04 Nov 2008, 13:10

taipan wrote:He is 33 years old and his test career was basically finished.
he left when he was 32 so could have still played until 2011 world cup!
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Tue 04 Nov 2008, 17:52

doremi wrote:It's a disgrace. Absolute disgrace. World cricket lost one of it's best pacers, and NZ lost it's best cricketer. All because NZC make Ricky Ponting look intelligent.
bounce
doctorspin
doctorspin

Bond says he'll never play for NZ again. 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Tue 04 Nov 2008, 17:58

JB wrote:I still don't understand how the BCCI has any right to tell a foreign cricket board that one of their players should be banned. What does it have to do with them?
Ditto, but here on Flaming Bails you mean WTF does it have to do with them.....qunts!
doctorspin
doctorspin

Bond says he'll never play for NZ again. 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2746

Back to top Go down

Post by JB Tue 04 Nov 2008, 18:21

Sorry, my mistake. I'll re-write that....

WTF does it have to do with them BCCI qunts?!?
JB
JB

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 04 Nov 2008, 20:56

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xq4AyXvyCI
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 04 Nov 2008, 20:56

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CkZow6vbLdY
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 05 Nov 2008, 01:17

Why all the fuss? Bond hardly ever strung three tests together without pulling or breaking something.

He could have been one of THE greats.

Don't deride him for cashing in at the fag end of his career.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 16011
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 05 Nov 2008, 01:26

agreed...NZ while having platny of sheep and RD's is hardly the land of the golden fleece
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42595
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 05 Nov 2008, 15:43

Lets hope Tim Southee will be the next Shane Bond. Not literally though, they need him to keep on playing for more than a few years...
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down