Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 years on - would flamingbails get quoted in a broadsheet?

+14
Paul Keating
lardbucket
Brass Monkey
taipan
Big_Bad_Bob
doctorspin
Zat
LeFromage
PeterCS
Basil
Merlin
furriner
Chivalry Augustus
JKLever
18 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

5 years on - would flamingbails get quoted in a broadsheet? Empty 5 years on - would flamingbails get quoted in a broadsheet?

Post by JKLever Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:38

Just dug up this old article from the telegraph in 2003
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2405238/Talking-Cricket-Channel-4-coy-over-coverage.html

But fans protesting on the C4 website's cricket forum are unlikely to be satisfied. "Downright rubbish that C4 end their transmission of days coverage at 6pm," emailed one fan. "The fact that the transmission, come rain or shine, is now ended at 6pm so that some tacky dating show can keep its place in the schedules is a sign that C4 aren't as committed to cricket," complained another.

those quotes have got the smell of Rhys Jenkins all over them but got me wondering if the Bails was quoted in a proper newspaper, what they would be saying....

Possibly...

Fans protesting on Flamingbails about the re-appointment of Peter Moores were not happy. " Pete Sussex is a farking cockjuggler " said one fan.
"We'll never beat the squinty eyed nasal qunts with this clown in charge" said another.

Nah.... can't see it! Very Happy
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

5 years on - would flamingbails get quoted in a broadsheet? Empty Re: 5 years on - would flamingbails get quoted in a broadsheet?

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:43

Does this thread have any merit whatsoever, JK? You bring down the tone of this forum and in turn contribute to the unlikeliness of the situation that you have posed as a hypothetical. The pursuit of stupidity for stupidity's sake is prevalent on here, unfortunately. I would suggest that we put a posting limit on folk like you in the hope of bringing down the ratio of rubbish : non-rubbish on the forum. That way, we might get our quote in a broadsheet one day. Somewhere over the rainbow...

So yeah, I blame JK.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

5 years on - would flamingbails get quoted in a broadsheet? Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

5 years on - would flamingbails get quoted in a broadsheet? Empty Re: 5 years on - would flamingbails get quoted in a broadsheet?

Post by furriner Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:47

Eh?
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:47

Augustus wrote:Does this thread have any merit whatsoever, JK?

Obviously it does because I posted it you crazy fool...

I shall shut up though and let you carry on about how great the BNP is and how Billy Davies will destroy Forest Wink
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:48

M eh ?

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:49

furriner wrote:Eh?

I could always start a thread about penis burning? Mad
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:55

[quote="JKLever"][quote="Augustus"]Does this thread have any merit whatsoever, JK?[/quote]

Obviously it does because I posted it you crazy fool...

I shall shut up though and let you carry on about how great the BNP is and how Billy Davies will destroy Forest ;)[/quote]

Look, JK, it has come to my attention that you are now the second [strike]saddest[/strike] highest poster on FB, and it shames me to say that your increasing post count has coincided with a dilution in the quality of your posts. When you consider there was little to dilute in the first place, I think it is essential that you restrain yourself henceforth unless we are to see more threads in this ilk. Your barbs are becoming increasingly incoherent and without substance. I think you may have reached internet senility, my friend.

I'm merely suggesting that it might be time for rehab.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:57

Augustus wrote:Does this thread have any merit whatsoever, JK? You bring down the tone of this forum and in turn contribute to the unlikeliness of the situation that you have posed as a hypothetical. The pursuit of stupidity for stupidity's sake is prevalent on here, unfortunately. I would suggest that we put a posting limit on folk like you in the hope of bringing down the ratio of rubbish : non-rubbish on the forum. That way, we might get our quote in a broadsheet one day. Somewhere over the rainbow...

So yeah, I blame JK.

If you really want to reduce the rubbish quotient on here you could help by just fecking off permanently to TMSB
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue 06 Jan 2009, 19:59

[quote="Basil"][quote="Augustus"]Does this thread have any merit whatsoever, JK? You bring down the tone of this forum and in turn contribute to the unlikeliness of the situation that you have posed as a hypothetical. The pursuit of stupidity for stupidity's sake is prevalent on here, unfortunately. I would suggest that we put a posting limit on folk like you in the hope of bringing down the ratio of rubbish : non-rubbish on the forum. That way, we might get our quote in a broadsheet one day. Somewhere over the rainbow...

So yeah, I blame JK.[/quote]

If you really want to reduce the rubbish quotient on here you could help by just fecking off permanently to TMSB[/quote]

If that's how you feel, Basil. Bye.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 06 Jan 2009, 20:01

Don't get defensive John. Gus is just trying out his boring old disgusted fart from Tunbridge Wells voice.

I recall you being shocked to find yourself quoted once (radio, cricinfo or something?) - no doubt in the fantastically delusional belief of the quoters they had the authoritative voice of the Stepney southpaw in their delighted hands. Maybe the trauma of that "recognition" still haunts you .....

I think - as you say and Gus implies - we would have to clean up our collective act like crazy, talk on topic, draw ourselves up to an unconscionable height, straighten our ties and/or brastraps and talk 300% less foulmouthed to be serious contenders for quoting anywhere other than here.

Not to say that a few of us are not capable of sensible ideas. Just that we behave like a bunch of lushes in a blender most of the time. And proudly so.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 06 Jan 2009, 20:02

(Some poor web syntax skills in evidence above ....)
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 06 Jan 2009, 20:03

Way up high
There's a land I belong to
Me, oh, my.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue 06 Jan 2009, 20:18

[quote="PeterCS"]Don't get defensive John. Gus is just trying out his boring old disgusted fart from Tunbridge Wells voice.
[/quote]

Not quite. JK wants his quote, so we're going to have to cut out the cancer at its heart. No more rubbish, no more self-depreciation, just full on intellectualism. From this moment forth we cannot possibly demean ourselves by sinking to the levels of moronism that we have attained so far in our short spell here. It is not too late to turn our lives around for the better, but with each passing moment the light slips farther and farther away and the road to redemption grows longer. If JK wants his quote then we're really going to have to buck our ideas up. I have turned over a new leaf already in these past few moments and shall become a bastion of light for all to follow. Anyone pursuing the ideals of humility, honesty and sheer intellectualism without the need for puerile baiting and/or unnecessary filth shall follow me purely for the sake of JK's quote. We need that quote, men. We need it good.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 06 Jan 2009, 20:21

Have you been ODing on Zulu or In Which We Serve, Gus? Very Happy
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 06 Jan 2009, 20:38

JKLever wrote:Just dug up this old article from the telegraph in 2003
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2405238/Talking-Cricket-Channel-4-coy-over-coverage.html

But fans protesting on the C4 website's cricket forum are unlikely to be satisfied. "Downright rubbish that C4 end their transmission of days coverage at 6pm," emailed one fan. "The fact that the transmission, come rain or shine, is now ended at 6pm so that some tacky dating show can keep its place in the schedules is a sign that C4 aren't as committed to cricket," complained another.

those quotes have got the smell of Rhys Jenkins all over them but got me wondering if the Bails was quoted in a proper newspaper, what they would be saying....

That was ME!!!! I remember it like it was yesterday - my moment in the sun (well, the Telegraph - The Sun didn't get back to me when I sent in those topless Polaroids of myself). I am "Complained Another".

I should've cashed in on my fame when I had the chance - moved to London, been seen at all the trendy bars, boffed someone from Hollyoakes.

Moment's gone now, alas. Can't even get a gig as a talking head one one of those "Top 100 TV Spazmaloids" list shows for BBC3.

She's a fickle mistress, fame. Sybil Ruscoe may or may not also be.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 06 Jan 2009, 20:59

Meh, i'm sure it was Rhys Jenkins in his inspirational efforts to get into Sybil Ruscoes knickers.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 06 Jan 2009, 21:02

He might have written the first quote. The article said it was an e:mail - sounds like Ruscoe-stalking to me.

My literary gold was quoted directly off the forum. Without compensation, I might add.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 06 Jan 2009, 21:13

JKLever wrote:

I was responding to Augustus. Your thread is fit fine, IMO.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 06 Jan 2009, 21:15

PeterCS wrote:..................I think - as you say and Gus implies - we would have to clean up our collective act like crazy, talk on topic, draw ourselves up to an unconscionable height, straighten our ties and/or brastraps and talk 300% less foulmouthed to be serious contenders for quoting anywhere other than here.

Why?

PeterCS wrote:........ Just that we behave like a bunch of lushes in a blender most of the time. And proudly so.

What's wrong with that? scratch
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 06 Jan 2009, 21:24

boozin boozin boozin boozin santa boozin boozin boozin boozin
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 06 Jan 2009, 22:06

furriner wrote:
JKLever wrote:

aye-aye

Gussie is just a miserable git. Wants us to talk about crickeet all day.... on this forum? Pft.....
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue 06 Jan 2009, 22:34

Cricket or Bone Thugs N Harmony, anyway. Back when rap was good.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 07 Jan 2009, 01:26

Newspapers are dead, it doesn't matter.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by doctorspin Wed 07 Jan 2009, 02:14

JKLever wrote:
furriner wrote:
JKLever wrote:

aye-aye

Gussie is just a miserable git. Wants us to talk about crickeet all day.... on this forum? Pft.....
Oh, well if it's cricket chat you want, best not hang around FB; would have thought that would be pretty obvious after spending a couple of hours on here, whether or not there was a major Test match playing
doctorspin
doctorspin

5 years on - would flamingbails get quoted in a broadsheet? 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2746
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 07 Jan 2009, 03:11

doctorspin wrote:
JKLever wrote:
furriner wrote:
JKLever wrote:

aye-aye

Oh, well if it's cricket chat you want, best not hang around FB; would have thought that would be pretty obvious after spending a couple of hours on here, whether or not there was a major Test match playing
Or even hanging in the balance.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next