Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby quotes

+3
JGK
Bradman
taipan
7 posters

Go down

Rugby quotes Empty Rugby quotes

Post by taipan Wed 03 Jun 2009, 13:31

I think I might have seen some of them before.

Nobody in Rugby should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Jono Gibbs of the Chiefs tells it like it isn't.

"I’m going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes." - Rodney So'oialo of the Hurricanes on University

"You guys line up alphabetically by height" and "You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle." - Hurricanes head coach Colin Cooper.

Chris Masoe of the Hurricanes on whether he had visited the Pyramids during his visit to Egypt: "I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."

"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." - Colin Cooper on Paul Tito

Auckland's Kevin Senio on night rugby vs day games: "It's basically the same, just darker."

David Nucifora (Auckland) talking about Troy Flavell: "I told him, 'Son, what is it with you. Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'David, I don’t know and I don't care.'"

Hurricane David Holwell, when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to reach for 150 or 200 points this season, whichever comes first."

"Andy Ellis - the 21 year old, who turned 22 a few weeks ago." - commentator Murray Mexted.

"Colin has done a bit of mental arithmetic with a calculator." - Ma Nonu sums it up.

"He scored that try after only 22 seconds - totally against the run of play." - Murray Mexted, again.

"We actually got the winning try three minutes from the end but then they scored." - Phil Waugh from the Warratahs.

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body." - Jerry Collins.

"That kick was absolutely unique, except for the one before it which was identical." - Tony Brown

"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father." - Tana Umaga narrows down his parents.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in rugby - but none of them serious." - Doc Mayhew, a real doctor too....you can tell.

"If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again." - Anton Oliver, gentleman and scholar.

"I would not say he (Rico Gear) is the best left winger in the Super 14, but there are none better." - Murray Mexted, yet again.

"I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat." - the diplomatic Ewan McKenzie.

Murray Deaker: "Have you ever thought of writing your autobiography?" Tana Umaga: "On what?"

"Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw." - bless Murray Mexted.

"Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer." - Murray Mexted, the most smartest commentator.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Rugby quotes Empty Re: Rugby quotes

Post by Bradman Wed 03 Jun 2009, 13:44

Love the one about the ref.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 03 Jun 2009, 13:45

It's cheating to quote Murray Mexted.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 03 Jun 2009, 14:01

It must be something to do with commentating and being named Murray.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 03 Jun 2009, 14:52

Not as good as Colemanballs
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 04 Jun 2009, 08:51

Hmmm...there's a few recycled quotes there that seem to have crossed the football code barrier.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 04 Jun 2009, 09:25

I still think my fav was Keith Quinn commentating many years ago now: "Little takes the pass inside from Fox . . . Fox loves it when Little comes inside him"
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down