Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How things change - Gayle admits he's Bolly's bunny

+2
tac
Zat
6 posters

Go down

How things change - Gayle admits he's Bolly's bunny Empty How things change - Gayle admits he's Bolly's bunny

Post by Zat Wed 10 Feb 2010, 05:01

Doug the Rug has scalped Gayle four times in two Tests and two ODIs this summer.

Gayle has been widely quoted as saying "He has my measure definitely" in today's press.

Bit of a change from the "What's the other guy's name? Bollinger? Bollinger. This will be the first time I am going up against him. It's a challenge. I haven't seen much of him to be honest with you. I'm sure we'll get some clippings and take a look at him and see what we can make of him." before Dougy's call up.

Then again, it could have been a bit of Gayle humour earlier...

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

How things change - Gayle admits he's Bolly's bunny Empty Re: How things change - Gayle admits he's Bolly's bunny

Post by tac Wed 10 Feb 2010, 05:08

Yeah, Gayle seems to be pretty tongue in cheek most of the time . . . and certainly doesn't seem anywhere near as full of bravado as the press sometimes make him out.

I was impressed by the way he pulled his head in in that innings in Adelaide . . . if he could try the same again, the Windies might set a decent chase in the ODIs as well.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

How things change - Gayle admits he's Bolly's bunny Empty Re: How things change - Gayle admits he's Bolly's bunny

Post by Zat Wed 10 Feb 2010, 05:16

Probably needs to bat for more than one delivery, but.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Wed 10 Feb 2010, 05:24

get his eye in for the first one, eh?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 10 Feb 2010, 12:04

shrug So he f*cking manned up. Good for him. One to cross off my 'international cricketer being a f*cking jessie' list.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 10 Feb 2010, 12:12

Talking of bunnies, Gambhir faced four balls on Monday, three of which were delivered by Morkel. Two of them dismissed him.

BTW Gayle has revised the scoreline to 3-2.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17098
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 10 Feb 2010, 12:52

"Bolly's bitch" has a better ring to it.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Wed 10 Feb 2010, 22:33

Gayle has definitely achieved minor bunny status now.

But he has a long way to go to catch up with Ponting v Jerome Taylor bunny status (10 dismissals in 12).
WIFAN
WIFAN

How things change - Gayle admits he's Bolly's bunny 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down