Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Queen's Birthday long weekend all

+14
PeterCS
eowyn
Basil
Big Dog
Zat
Merlin
taipan
WideWally
Hass
Mick Sawyer
embee
tac
horace
skully
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Happy Queen's Birthday long weekend all - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Queen's Birthday long weekend all

Post by Merlin Fri 11 Jun 2010, 08:42

skully wrote:Ken oath, Merls. It's the only perk we still get from the old bird.

All States but those stoopid farkers in wozzieville celebrate it in early June. We then have a Labour Day long weekend in Oct (which the wozzies call QB).

Brings out debate every year from the Repubican movement that we should fark off the QB long weekend. Fark that, I say. Cool

More than what we get off her skulls!
She and her brood ship in shed loads of gash ... in return for which we are expected to be gratified for the enduring "love" she has for for "her people". Oh sure, we can go visit her at Buck House, but have to shell out £20 for the privilege ...

yeah .... rite!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Happy Queen's Birthday long weekend all - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy Queen's Birthday long weekend all

Post by Zat Fri 11 Jun 2010, 09:27

And the reason Wozzie Public Holidays are on the first Monday in the month is so the Wozzies don't have to count past 1.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 11 Jun 2010, 10:10

Sage. ghost
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105978
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 13 Jun 2010, 09:18

Well i'd just like to thank Liz for the day off so i can sit up & watch Aust go down the gurgler against the Krauts. snoopy-dance
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Sun 13 Jun 2010, 09:36

Big Dog wrote:Well i'd just like to thank Liz for the day off so i can sit up & watch Aust go down the gurgler against the Krauts. snoopy-dance

Vettel is going to ram Webber again?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 13 Jun 2010, 09:43

So, when you qunts get your republic - you'll gleefully give up the Queen's Birthday holiday then? Wink
Yeah, right!
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Sun 13 Jun 2010, 09:48

Basil wrote:So, when you qunts get your republic - you'll gleefully give up the Queen's Birthday holiday then? Wink
Yeah, right!

It'll just become bugger off Betty day Baz.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Sun 13 Jun 2010, 13:43

It's not the Queen's real birthday that's in April, it's her 'offical' birthday so that we can troop the colour on a day when there's a chance the weather might be okay and all the nobs are in London for The Season.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sun 13 Jun 2010, 14:39

Wouldn't that prove a tad competitive around Soho?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Sun 13 Jun 2010, 14:52

There's always competition in Soho.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Sun 13 Jun 2010, 17:57

But this time it would be the nobs in competition, as opposed to being competed for (in a financial sense., that is).
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 13 Jun 2010, 19:04

Mick Sawyer wrote:
Basil wrote:So, when you qunts get your republic - you'll gleefully give up the Queen's Birthday holiday then? Wink
Yeah, right!

Perhaps we can then have a Fark Off Australia day Wink
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 13 Jun 2010, 20:44

No need to hold a day for that Bas Wink
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 14 Jun 2010, 00:44

JKLever wrote:No need to hold a day for that Bas Wink

I think there is a need for some sort of official marking of the occasion - burning Skippy DVDs maybe?
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 14 Jun 2010, 01:34

You could amputate Jake's peg ...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 14 Jun 2010, 01:44

Big Dog wrote:Well i'd just like to thank Liz for the day off so i can sit up & watch Aust go down the gurgler against the Krauts. snoopy-dance
Mick Sawyer wrote:
Vettel is going to ram Webber again?
Close enough on both counts. No
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105978
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Mon 14 Jun 2010, 23:25

tac wrote:Having a wild toss off, hassy?

Not far from the truth actually. I did indeed sustain the injury during the throes of passion, although I did have company. I have learnt the hard way that the top-level of a bunk bed is a bit small for two people.

Hass

Happy Queen's Birthday long weekend all - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 14 Jun 2010, 23:28

Basil wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
Yeah, right!

Perhaps we can then have a Fark Off Australia day Wink

Cool, winners everywhere.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 15 Jun 2010, 01:28

Merlin wrote:D'you colonial knuckle draggers still celebrate Betty's birthday with a day off work ?Happy Queen's Birthday long weekend all - Page 2 Icon_eek

Farkin' crazy that half of you want her expunged from all things Oz ... which I can sympathise with ... but still happily take the holiday....

If only it would happen here in the UK !
All we get is a May Bank holiday and Whitsun ... ironic that we don't get to celebrate with Lilibet on her Bidet ....

there has got to be an upside for having a german monarch...personally I am regretting the hol...I have badly bruised feet from booting corgis - bare footed booting of corgis is a trad Victorian thing
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 15 Jun 2010, 01:33

JKLever wrote:No need to hold a day for that Bas Wink

chuckle.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 13 Jun 2022, 02:43

Shane Keith WARNE
VIC

For distinguished service to cricket as a player, role model and commentator, to the community through charitable initiatives, and for philanthropic contributions.

Megastar and Dougie also got awards

Barty and Adam Scott too
embee
embee

Demelza likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 13 Jun 2022, 08:26

Australia not yet going down the road of having its own President/Supreme Emperor of the Dark Side then?

Guess if you went for the ceremonial ribbon-cutting celebrity president rather than the elected dictator sort, a fair chance you’d pick a cricketer!

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 13 Jun 2022, 09:06

the new pinko govt are making murmurs about revisiting the republic question

the worst part is it means that Peter Fitzsimmons is wheeled out to give his shit opinion
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 13 Jun 2022, 11:40

Vika & Linda Bull also gonged, along with the Coodabeen Champions

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8820
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 13 Jun 2022, 11:46

horace wrote:
Merlin wrote:D'you colonial knuckle draggers still celebrate Betty's birthday with a day off work ?Happy Queen's Birthday long weekend all - Page 2 Icon_eek

Farkin' crazy that half of you want her expunged from all things Oz ... which I can sympathise with ... but still happily take the holiday....

If only it would happen here in the UK !
All we get is a May Bank holiday and Whitsun ... ironic that we don't get to celebrate with Lilibet on her Bidet ....

there has got to be an upside for having a german monarch...personally I am regretting the hol...I have badly bruised feet from booting corgis - bare footed booting of corgis is a trad Victorian thing

Amazing how this particular holiday has, uniquely, never been whinged about by the C of C or the Employers Union or the IPA.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8820
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next