Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dilshan - if report is true goes one better than Asif.

+8
Merlin
Blackadder
Hass
Zat
PlanetPakistan
embee
JGK
Josh Carney
12 posters

Go down

Dilshan  - if report is true goes one better than Asif. Empty Dilshan - if report is true goes one better than Asif.

Post by Josh Carney Thu 09 Sep 2010, 04:35

link

Last edited by Josh Carney on Fri 10 Sep 2010, 07:14; edited 1 time in total

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Dilshan  - if report is true goes one better than Asif. Empty Re: Dilshan - if report is true goes one better than Asif.

Post by JGK Thu 09 Sep 2010, 05:21

Dilshan - if report is true goes one better than the Pakis

Is it ok for a Bannie to use the word "Pak1"?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Dilshan  - if report is true goes one better than Asif. Empty Re: Dilshan - if report is true goes one better than Asif.

Post by embee Thu 09 Sep 2010, 05:22

It's ok for everyone except those racist pommy qunts
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 09 Sep 2010, 05:36

JGK wrote:
Dilshan - if report is true goes one better than the Pakis

Is it ok for a Bannie to use the word "Pak1"?
depends on the tone and context.
In this context its clearly used as an insult.

Its mainly white people(especially Brits) who have to be MORE careful about racist remarks mainly due to the colonial past. A racist comment from a white man is FAR more infuriating than the exact same comment a black man.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 09 Sep 2010, 05:53

PlanetPakistan wrote:A racist comment from a white man is FAR more infuriating than the exact same comment a black man.
Refer 'monkey'.

Although, as has been said on here many times, Indians can never be racist. But just like political statements, repetition does not make something true.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Thu 09 Sep 2010, 08:35

Why is Paki a derogatory term ? I have just used it as a short form for Pakistani given the limited space in the title bar.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Thu 09 Sep 2010, 08:59

Josh Carney wrote:Why is Paki a derogatory term ? I have just used it as a short form for Pakistani given the limited space in the title bar.

It's a derogatory term for all South Asians in Britain.

In Australia it has no derogatory connotation, and is merely used as an abbreviation (like W'Indies).

This forum sprouted from a British seed and most forummers know that "P*ki" could be offensive on here. That being the case it's best to avoid using the word on this forum.

I notice a lot of people using "Paksters" as a friendly substitute.

As I said on the Rugby Tri-Series thread... context is king.

Hass

Dilshan  - if report is true goes one better than Asif. MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Thu 09 Sep 2010, 09:00

Thought Whiteys were a acceptable target for anything in Zimbot land. Suspect

Blackadder

Dilshan  - if report is true goes one better than Asif. ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 09 Sep 2010, 09:04

PlanetPakistan wrote:
A racist comment from a white man is FAR more infuriating than the exact same comment a black man.

PP - just for the record .... that's the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard ...

With regards to the article :
Anyone putting any credence whatsoever in anything that emerges from Zimbabwe needs their brain re-examined.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Sep 2010, 19:04

Hass wrote:
Josh Carney wrote:Why is Paki a derogatory term ? I have just used it as a short form for Pakistani given the limited space in the title bar.

Yeah, even when it's blatantly obvious they are not Pakistani, they will still get called Paki. Idiot lower class English can't even get racism right FFS - and I bet most of the people that use the word Paki in a derogatory way couldn't even point out Pakistan on a map (even if it was labelled).

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Fri 10 Sep 2010, 04:34

Merlin wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
A racist comment from a white man is FAR more infuriating than the exact same comment a black man.

PP - just for the record .... that's the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard ...
Anyone putting any credence whatsoever in anything that emerges from Zimbabwe needs their brain re-examined.

Not really Merlin, its unfortunate but true.

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Fri 10 Sep 2010, 07:10

Hass wrote:

In Australia it has no derogatory connotation, and is merely used as an abbreviation (like W'Indies).

This forum sprouted from a British seed and most forummers know that "P*ki" could be offensive on here. That being the case it's best to avoid using the word on this forum.

I notice a lot of people using "Paksters" as a friendly substitute.

As I said on the Rugby Tri-Series thread... context is king.
Thanks mate

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Fri 10 Sep 2010, 07:12

PP, In hindsignt I should have been more specific. What I had in mind were the 3 tainted cricketers Asif in particular. Have edited the title accordingly.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Fri 10 Sep 2010, 07:20

Dilshan named

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 10 Sep 2010, 08:10

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Merlin wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:

So it's okay for a black guy from Brixton to call you a Paki qunt, but you'd take serious offence if a whitey from Hemel Hempstead were to do the same!

Okay ... if you say so PP! Rolling Eyes

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Nolonga Fri 10 Sep 2010, 09:26

Clamson wrote:
Hass wrote:

Yeah, even when it's blatantly obvious they are not Pakistani, they will still get called Paki. Idiot lower class English can't even get racism right FFS - and I bet most of the people that use the word Paki in a derogatory way couldn't even point out Pakistan on a map (even if it was labelled).

I particularly laughed when i got told to 'go back to my own country' and his refusal to accept that i was born here and have a British passport Laughing
Henry Nolonga
Henry Nolonga

Number of posts : 1639
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Sep 2010, 19:38

Henry Nolonga wrote:
Clamson wrote:
Hass wrote:

I particularly laughed when i got told to 'go back to my own country' and his refusal to accept that i was born here and have a British passport Laughing

Ahh... West Indians... South Asians... Polish... I wonder who the next group will be? I'm sure the media can stoke up some more race hatred, after all they have a lot of practice!

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Fri 10 Sep 2010, 19:48

Merlin wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
Merlin wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:

So it's okay for a black guy from Brixton to call you a Paki qunt, but you'd take serious offence if a whitey from Hemel Hempstead were to do the same!

Okay ... if you say so PP! Rolling Eyes

Thats just the way things are, this is true for even black people as i am sure they will be more offended by racist comment from a white man than a South Asian like me(not that they won't kick my arse)

Even in media you will see black people(especially comedians and rappers) cracking jokes about white people but when a white guy says something "funny" about blacksthen it is considered racisim.

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Fri 10 Sep 2010, 19:51

Henry Nolonga wrote:

i normally get "farking forigeners" and "happy septh 11"(not looking forward to tomorrow)
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 10 Sep 2010, 20:17

So the conclusion is that only white pommie qunts can be racist?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Fri 10 Sep 2010, 22:33

and saffie

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sat 11 Sep 2010, 04:39

taipan wrote:So the conclusion is that only white pommie qunts can be racist?
they have to be the MOST careful

People from South Asia are probably the MOST racist people in the world.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 11 Sep 2010, 11:32

taipan wrote:So the conclusion is that only white pommie qunts can be racist?

no, the conclusion is that we just can't be.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down