Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Western Australia v England, Perth, November 5-7

+14
skully
taipan
Blackadder
Gary 111
G.Wood
Zat
JKLever
Nath
horace
PeterCS
embee
JGK
Basil
Henry
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Western Australia v England, Perth, November 5-7 - Page 5 Empty Re: Western Australia v England, Perth, November 5-7

Post by JKLever Sun 07 Nov 2010, 13:13

Some video highlights
http://www.ecbtv.co.uk/page/Video/TestsArticles/0,,11617~2211118,00.html
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Western Australia v England, Perth, November 5-7 - Page 5 Empty Re: Western Australia v England, Perth, November 5-7

Post by Henry Sun 07 Nov 2010, 13:33

I'm wondering if England are just going to play their full strength side for every match leading up to the first test and try and win them all?

Nice idea. I just hope they don't get burnt out/injured.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 07 Nov 2010, 13:38

Actually wait. I remember Strauss saying that the three fast bowlers for the first test will more than likely travel from Adelaide straight to Brisbane to get used to conditions there, and miss the game against Australia A in Hobart.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 07 Nov 2010, 14:05

I wish KP would forget about that reverse sweep/switch hit of his unless it's absolutely necessary (ie the bowler is bowling a foot outside leg stump with a packed leg side field)
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sun 07 Nov 2010, 17:16

Henry wrote:Positives- Strauss, Broad, Pietersen, and to a lesser extent Swann have all found form.

Negatives- Anderson did nothing to show that he can take wickets in this part of the world, Cook and Collingwood are badly out of touch.

I'll let Jimmy off this time as he is coming back from injury.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Sun 07 Nov 2010, 20:00

The knives are being sharpened though! He has to play in most of the warm ups for me.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Mon 08 Nov 2010, 00:45

Agreed - JA has always been a bowler who's at his best when playing on a regular basis. It won't hurt him to play all three warm-ups and get the overs in his legs, find his rhythm, especially as his training pre-series was somewhat curtailed.

Still can't believe he got a busted rib doing boxing of all things - nothing wrong with that in itself, but which huge-brain didn't consider body protection as well as head guards ? You don't need the brains of a quantum physicist to see a bloke of Tremlett's size & reach has a good chance of injuring somebody .......
Growler
Growler

Western Australia v England, Perth, November 5-7 - Page 5 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 08 Nov 2010, 00:55

Growler wrote:Agreed - JA has always been a bowler who's at his best when playing on a regular basis. It won't hurt him to play all three warm-ups and get the overs in his legs, find his rhythm, especially as his training pre-series was somewhat curtailed.

Still can't believe he got a busted rib doing boxing of all things - nothing wrong with that in itself, but which huge-brain didn't consider body protection as well as head guards ? You don't need the brains of a quantum physicist to see a bloke of Tremlett's size & reach has a good chance of injuring somebody .......

Yes but "brains" and "ECB" are not necessailly words which would feature in the same sentence.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 08 Nov 2010, 01:38

I reckon they'll play Anderson in all the warm up games, but send Broad, Finn and Swann to Brisbane after Adelaide.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 08 Nov 2010, 01:44

Yep, I'd go along with that - just so long as Bresnan is kept as professional 12th man. I don't think I coud stand the embarrasment if he actually had to bowl in atest in Aussie.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 08 Nov 2010, 01:53

If Anderson gets crocked Bresnan will come in. You can be sure of it. 'Like for like', and all that rubbish. Imo you pick your best bowlers. End of.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 08 Nov 2010, 02:00

Henry wrote:If Anderson gets crocked Bresnan will come in. You can be sure of it. 'Like for like', and all that rubbish. Imo you pick your best bowlers. End of.

"Like for Like"? you'd struggle to find an opening bowler in England with Bressie's waist measurement. Yep' I'd go for Tremlett in place of Anderson if push comes to shove as I suspect this Aussie batting line-up doesn't fancy it up 'em.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 08 Nov 2010, 02:08

If Anderson doesn't take wickets in the next to warm up games then i'd pick Tremlett over him anyway. Depends a bit on the weather forecast as well. If it's cloudy at Brisbane then it should swing.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5