Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alastair Cook's best man's speech

+8
Big Dog
DJ_Smerk
Fred Nerk
Red
tricycle
JGK
Brass Monkey
Henry
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alastair Cook's best man's speech - Page 2 Empty Re: Alastair Cook's best man's speech

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 26 Jan 2012, 22:20

Aye, I don't really see his role as an ODI bowler. Maybe now he's got some pace back he could be OK, but may as well save the likes of him for Tests.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Alastair Cook's best man's speech - Page 2 Empty Re: Alastair Cook's best man's speech

Post by lardbucket Thu 26 Jan 2012, 22:21

I wouldn't play him in ODIs at all.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38121
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 26 Jan 2012, 22:30

OP is fit and ready to go in Shield or ODI...would not play hilfy or cot in the jamodis

...fair summation from BM re our quicks...cummins tho moves the ball both ways and is considerably quicker than OP...I think Starc may end up the best of the young brigade...wasim akram has been helping him...we are lucky at the moment to have 5 or 6 decent quicks to select from without having to consider the likes of Johnson or bollybogan
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 26 Jan 2012, 22:32

Very much so, they're dark days with Midge and Asti. I saw most of Cummins, yeah impressed, but think he fluked a couple though and needs polish, IMO.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 26 Jan 2012, 22:37

no doubt re cummins...he's still a kid and has only played a handful of games...thought Clarke over bowled him in the Saffie test...bit like OP was in the NZ/Bannie series...both shd only be used in short spells
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 26 Jan 2012, 22:43

horace wrote:no doubt re cummins...he's still a kid and has only played a handful of games...thought Clarke over bowled him in the Saffie test...bit like OP was in the NZ/Bannie series...both shd only be used in short spells

Aye, they seemed to be given too much responsibility too quickly. I don't think that'll happen again, as it'll be tough to dislodge either Siddle or Hilfenhaus so they'll be vying for one spot and can be used as more of a shock tactic.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2