Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tait's action questioned by New Zealand

+24
Ross
noelene
furriner
embee
Zat
horace
Mick Sawyer
PearlJ
Brass Monkey
Basil
WideWally
please don't yell
Fred Nerk
JKLever
holcs
Lara Lara Laughs
Henry Nolonga
taipan
THICKEDGE
skully
JGK
tac
Invader Zim
Red
28 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tait's action questioned by New Zealand - Page 3 Empty Re: Tait's action questioned by New Zealand

Post by horace Fri 14 Dec 2007, 00:22

on the SEN radio station this am mick...two scientists were quoted and only got the last part of it
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Tait's action questioned by New Zealand - Page 3 Empty Re: Tait's action questioned by New Zealand

Post by Mick Sawyer Fri 14 Dec 2007, 00:30

horace wrote:on the SEN radio station this am mick...two scientists were quoted and only got the last part of it

hmmmmmmmm - thanks h.

Like at a lot of people, I know in my guts that he chucks at least some of the time. Hope this gets a run somewhere because I love to hear what they have to say.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 14 Dec 2007, 00:32

Mick Sawyer wrote:
horace wrote:

...btw heard a scientist claiming this am that mumu chucks at 45 degrees

This gets my attention. What was the basis of the contention?
How about starting with 'he's a cheating boggle-eyed runt' and going from there?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 14 Dec 2007, 01:16

Tait chucks .....It's the reason he keeps injuring his elbow ....the "whip" from pinging the ball ...

I'm all for banning him until he fixes his action ....
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26209
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Fri 14 Dec 2007, 01:24

It doesn't seem to me he chucks. Very unusual action, though; his arm seems to stiffen up as it begins its upwards motion and then kind of twists. Would like to see other videos of him than just the one youtube clip.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 14 Dec 2007, 01:26

It's the twist of the forearm as he bring the arm over that hurts his elbow, I'd say . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by noelene Fri 14 Dec 2007, 01:32

This video from Holding is interesting when talking about hyper-extension.Akhtar chucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vndvFPbBde0

noelene

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Fri 14 Dec 2007, 01:39

I remember seeing Tait at the WACA in an OD game years ago. Was sitting up in the members behind the bowlers arm, and it was pretty clear he pings his effort ball.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by noelene Fri 14 Dec 2007, 01:52

I would like to see a slo-mo of his action analysed as Holding did on Akhtar.The video clearly shows that hyper extension is no excuse for bending.

noelene

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 14 Dec 2007, 02:00

noelene wrote:I would like to see a slo-mo of his action analysed as Holding did on Akhtar.The video clearly shows that hyper extension is no excuse for bending.

You obviously didn't understand the video.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 14 Dec 2007, 02:47

Tait sure as hell looks like he chucks on occasion, but then again, the biomechanist quoted in one of the Spiv dailies this morning said it's pretty hard for a slinger to ping, but the illusion might be there.

I thnk we've heard that line, or something farquing similar to it before, but can't recall where.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 14 Dec 2007, 02:58

Invader Zim wrote:I remember seeing Tait at the WACA in an OD game years ago. Was sitting up in the members behind the bowlers arm, and it was pretty clear he pings his effort ball.

fair enough...don't play him until he is cleared...i agree with TGM that the technology is now available for testing in match conditions and should be used...so much $s is made from the game that surely it would be a worthwhile investment to clarify concerns about any international bowler
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Fri 14 Dec 2007, 05:20

WTF is with all the extreme slo-mo footage of Tait's action in this ODI? Strange how we never saw these views while the CBER was just out here.
Ross
Ross

Number of posts : 1033

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 14 Dec 2007, 14:07

His bouncer looks a bit dodgy, but his other deliveries seem fine.

Reading some of the Aus papers today, it is amazing how quickly they go on the defensive when one of their own is accused of something like this. Never mind the fact that they're more than happy to accuse other teams bowlers of being chuckers. Malcolm Conn in 'The Australian' called the Kiwi's "cowards" for questioning Tait's action(Was it even the players and management who started the accusations?), and Tait himself labelled the accusations a "disgrace".

Don't throw stones when your own house is made of glass etc.....
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 14 Dec 2007, 14:09

Ross wrote:WTF is with all the extreme slo-mo footage of Tait's action in this ODI? Strange how we never saw these views while the CBER was just out here.

Err, we did......Frequently. Drove people like Skully round the bend.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 14 Dec 2007, 14:16

Just dropped in for a latenight whinge, eh, Trev? Couldn't sleep with all those voices in your head?
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 14 Dec 2007, 14:17

You've been missing me all day.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 14 Dec 2007, 14:21

No, Trev, Australia won . . .. we didn't expect you back for a few days.
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Fri 14 Dec 2007, 14:22

Henry wrote:Reading some of the Aus papers today, it is amazing how quickly they go on the defensive when one of their own is accused of something like this. Never mind the fact that they're more than happy to accuse other teams bowlers of being chuckers. Malcolm Conn in 'The Australian' called the Kiwi's "cowards" for questioning Tait's action(Was it even the players and management who started the accusations?), and Tait himself labelled the accusations a "disgrace".

Hyprocrisy comes naturally to squatters ?
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 14 Dec 2007, 14:27

Hey, Bucky, watch out, your false whiskers are coming unglued . . .
tac
tac

Back to top Go down

Post by please don't yell Fri 14 Dec 2007, 14:51

he's probably an example of why the current laws(changed for murali) are useless.

Tait mostly looks ok to me and im sure in out game tests he would be under 15 but what's to stop him pinging an effort ball during a match?

By taking away the umpires right to judge actions we have now a system which is utterly pointless, it can't really clear anybody or stop anybody from throwing in a match.

please don't yell

Number of posts : 1138

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 14 Dec 2007, 16:02

Henry wrote:His bouncer looks a bit dodgy, but his other deliveries seem fine.

Reading some of the Aus papers today, it is amazing how quickly they go on the defensive when one of their own is accused of something like this. Never mind the fact that they're more than happy to accuse other teams bowlers of being chuckers. Malcolm Conn in 'The Australian' called the Kiwi's "cowards" for questioning Tait's action(Was it even the players and management who started the accusations?), and Tait himself labelled the accusations a "disgrace".

Aye Trev, they're a bunch of whinging p*ssies.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2007, 17:00

I think his action is more horrible than actually illegal.

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 14 Dec 2007, 23:33

Rob I wrote:I think his action is more horrible than actually illegal.

Agree his action is 100% horrible, and he bowls 95% crap. I also think he is occasionally illegal ... some of his 'effort' short balls are blatant pings. The rest of the time he just looks awful, like Salim Altaf being shot in the back at the point of delivery.

He's had years to remedy his action and plenty of time with good coaches but has made no progress at all. CA should cease this Sozzie-appeasing senselessness immediately and consign him to the Alan Thomson/Wayne Holdsworth/Greg Rowell repository for bowlers who transiently promised something in their youth, but ended up as useless oxygen-thieving wastes of space.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38097
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2007, 23:35

I think it's a stickier situation than when sticky, the stick insect, got stuck on a sticky bun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next