Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...they've put a Fox in charge of the henhouse...

+8
Hass
Brass Monkey
tricycle
PeterCS
Fred Nerk
Merlin
taipan
Big Dog
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So...they've put a Fox in charge of the henhouse... Empty So...they've put a Fox in charge of the henhouse...

Post by Big Dog Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:27 pm

God help our sport....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/28031972
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

So...they've put a Fox in charge of the henhouse... Empty Re: So...they've put a Fox in charge of the henhouse...

Post by taipan Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:39 pm

I have been following this for a couple of days. Have been too sickened by the total hypocrisy of all concerned to comment on it.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

So...they've put a Fox in charge of the henhouse... Empty Re: So...they've put a Fox in charge of the henhouse...

Post by Merlin Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Perhaps this article is better off on this thread . . . rather than on the "Hate" thread!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/international/england/10925478/England-India-and-Australias-power-grab-at-the-ICC-is-the-worst-thing-that-has-ever-happened-to-our-sport.html

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:14 pm

It's getting to the the stage where I feel like walking away from the game at times.

On top of this we also have to contend with the bullshit black African quota requirements.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:35 pm

Yeah and just don't get me started on the pass-out arrangements at the SCG....

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8813
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:37 pm

Fred Nerk wrote:Yeah and just don't get me started on the pass-out arrangements at the SCG....

Beer too weak?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:45 pm

No but that is another thing!

Could be worse all the same - at the Oz Open tennis it's bloody Heineken ( Dutch for 'hangover') or nothing.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:54 pm

At the last WC here you could drink anything you liked as long as it was Budweiser.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Isn't there a local brewery that is/was up to its neck in every sport they play in SA?

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:12 pm

SABMiller, but that meant nothing to FIFA
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Srinivasan has co-opted some chap called Srallenstanfordsoban on to the committee, as his deputy. Anyone heard of him?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Taips,
That's not the one I was thinking of. Pretty sure it started with a C - Connells or Caldwells or something.  Unless that was Millers brand/label name.

Peter, no I've never heard of that particular bloke and I'm not entirely convinced you haven't just made him up.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Castle? It's an SAB Miller brand

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-18
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Fred Nerk wrote:Taips,
That's not the one I was thinking of. Pretty sure it started with a C - Connells or Caldwells or something.  Unless that was Millers brand/label name.

Peter, no I've never heard of that particular bloke and I'm not entirely convinced you haven't just made him up.

Castle? That is a SAB product.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Yep that all adds up.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Maybe it would be better all round if they threw the Fox out of the henhouse again tomorrow and replaced him with Lawrence O'Toole.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Yeah, I commented on the hate thread. It's completely oligarchic and makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. I hate Giles Clarke as much as I hate Srinivasan. The worst thing is the helpless feeling that we can only sit back and watch this sport becoming more elitist than ever, from a administrative perspective. Awful, awful times.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Fred Nerk wrote:Yeah and just don't get me started on the pass-out arrangements at the SCG....

I was sitting on the concourse under the new Bradman Stand and was able to secure a "smoking pass-out". I don't smoke, but I took one all the same. So there is some hope. But I still don't get why we can't have a proper pass-out system like the MCG.

And yes, the latest developments at the ICC show once again that turds float to the top.

Hass

So...they've put a Fox in charge of the henhouse... MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:12 pm

This could be the first time that this forum has a 100% consensus on an issue.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:35 pm

taipan wrote:This could be the first time that this forum has a 100% consensus on an issue.

Dello will surely have summat to say . . . and as for horrie ....?!
Surely you overlook the Black helio-copter buckboy himself?!

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 am

taipan wrote:It's getting to the the stage where I feel like walking away from the game at times.

On top of this we also have to contend with the bullshit black African quota requirements.

always thought it worked the other way...how else to explain the repeated selections of the snorkels and before them Cullinan et al...every SA has had over rated white chaps from good private schools
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Only if you think Hoerskool Vereeniging is a good private school that is.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:48 pm

and by the way I think there is 100% consensus here that the axis now running world cricket is the biggest threat any of us can remember to cricket..

the well named 'Wally' Edwards, Giles Clark and most hideaous of all Srinivasan are rogues of the worst kind - white collar crooks...

it is incomprehensible that a guy forced to stand down from his own association (by the courts in a country that is too familiar with the stench of corruption and privelege) is to head the axis...

if our own govt here had a scintilla of decency they would launch an Inquiry into Cricket Australia...but there is no chance of that and even if they did it would be for the wrong reasons...they are still bitter that little johnny howard got knocked off from his ICC bid a few years ago.....tho even the ghastly little gnome ljh would be an improvement on Srinivasan
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:51 pm

I cannot recall anyone putting a good word in for Srinivasan....I cannot recall reading a defence of the bloke even in Bannie papers
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:20 am

Agree 100% with the opinions here on the scoundrel Srinivasan ... I note Venkat has changed his name by deed poll lest any confusion arise ...

But what specifically has Wally done to increase the scorn and bile already apparently due after his short and inglorious Test career? Is it just guilt by association?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38099
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next