Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian ball tampering headlines.

+28
krikri
ojitarian
MoH
Paul Keating
WideWally
PeterCS
furriner
beamer
taipan
Fred Nerk
tricycle
Aditya
OP Tipping
Growler
Dello
Basil
Nath
JGK
Bradman
embee
Red
Big Dog
horace
lardbucket
skully
Henry
Blackadder
whitburn
32 posters

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 15 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by skully Tue 27 Mar 2018, 21:29

furriner wrote:
skully wrote:...

Still, look at the post count!!!! Cool

Yea that's my first reaction as well, s.

Ultimately- fark the subject if forumers come in to post!

it's a who's who- eowyn, ojitarian, vilkrang, henry, ....

Indeed f. Great to see.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 15 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by furriner Tue 27 Mar 2018, 21:30

Speaking of which:

Hello Henry, how goes ya Engllsh qunt? Whom have you trevved lately*?

*As ya gi\uys can see, I have lots of time to waste.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 27 Mar 2018, 21:48

Yep lots of dancing on the grave of Oz cricket.

Fairy nuff. At least Oz posters here have been going at the throat of the Oz team on this issue. I don't recall Angela or Henry repudiating English tampering, pitch dial ups, or calling for thugs like Stokes being given bans.

The reaction in Oz to this is the first time I have had a positive view about the joint in a long time. Oz fans have drawn a line in the sand.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Mar 2018, 21:56

Indeed h.

Aus supporters are hurting badly, but maybe this was the scandal that turns things around, at least for a while. We've all thought and said Warner's behaviour has been boorish. Maybe now things change.

Aus always has and always will play hard. Many overseas comrades don't like that. Call it what you like, but getting a mental edge is far from illegal and happens in all sports.

But it was always important to Aus supporters that we played fair. Blatant pre-planned cheating is not something I ever saw on a cricket field in my 20+ years playing the game, and up to now, I hadn't seen from my Aus cricket heroes. To us cricket tragics, this was way "over the line".
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Mar 2018, 22:07

On the matter of "mental disintegration", I had to laugh at Turncoat saying in a presser yesty that sledging has no part in society let alone a game of cricket.

Has he watched parliament lately?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Mar 2018, 22:11

With the return of many of our absent posters, I have to say it's disappointing that Dan hasn't had the time to make an appearance.

I would love to hear his quirkily worded take on the past week's controversy.

If you're near, Dan, please vent your spleen here. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 27 Mar 2018, 22:40

F*CK OFF AND DIE CHEATING AUSSIE QUNTS!!!

Hey s, I hope my above elegant witticism makes up for Ngam's absence.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by ojitarian Tue 27 Mar 2018, 22:47

skully wrote:
ojitarian wrote:
Lindsay no.2 wrote:Awesome press conference by Sutherland - not at all evasive in any shape, way or form. Engf team should take lessons from him as it may help them get out of the way of Wagner's dobber bouncers in the next test. T
If this is representative of the CEO of Cricket Aus really stepping up to the mark and showing the rest how to perform then don't expect much by way of change.

I didn't hear the ongoing questions but if anyone hears how he responds to 'the leadership group' that Smith referred to only in fact being 2 people then I'd like to see hiw wriggly answer to that.

Also, any answer to any question about what he believes Lehmann was talking about on the walkie talkie would be interesting.

It was a pathetic performance, and shows that the problem starts at the top.  

oji!!!! Long time no see, man. cheers cheers cheers

Hope you’re well skully. Have lurked off and on recently but this has brought me out of the woodwork.

ojitarian

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-10-02
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Mar 2018, 22:48

Great to see you, mate. aces
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Mar 2018, 22:49

furriner wrote:F*CK OFF AND DIE CHEATING, SQUINTY EYED, NASALLY AUSSIE QUNTS!!!

Fixed
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 27 Mar 2018, 22:54

Hehehe... Furri has made me laugh over the past few days of misery.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Mar 2018, 23:03

Aye h. The furburger's wit and sense of perspective has been a breath of fresh air amongst the grimness.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 27 Mar 2018, 23:08

skully wrote:
furriner wrote:F*CK OFF AND DIE CHEATING, SQUINTY EYED, NASALLY AUSSIE QUNTS!!!

Fixed

Well said, AUSSIE QUNT!!!

horace wrote:Hehehe... Furri has made me laugh over the past few days of misery.

Yeah well h, y'all deserve the best of luck, and also- y'all don't deserve the qunts who represent you.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Tue 27 Mar 2018, 23:10

horace wrote:Yep lots of dancing on the grave of Oz cricket.

Fairy nuff. At least Oz posters here have been going at the throat of the Oz team on this issue. I don't recall Angela or Henry repudiating English tampering, pitch dial ups,  or calling for thugs like Stokes being given bans.

The reaction in Oz to this is the first time I have had a positive view about the joint in a long time.  Oz fans have drawn a line in the sand.

I don't think Australian cricket's in the grave, h - or even on its deathbed.

For sure, it's been suffering from something rather nasty for a few years - but it's now being treated (to a degree). Sadly, it doesn't look as though the rot has all been cut out, as Boof maintains his position of malignant influence. If Dizzy or someone of that ilk replaced him, recovery would be quicker.

You know, much of the problem started 20-odd years ago. Under Steven Waugh, then Rick Ponting - Australia had one of the best ever cricket squads - right up there with Sir Donalds Invincibles and the WIndies of Sir Clive Lloyd/Sir Viv Richards. As fans, you couldn't move for ATG players, and when a whole slew of them retired within a few years of the '05 Ashes, their replacements were not quite as good.

It's my belief that the expectation of victory was still there, without the ability to make it happen. The pre 2007 players had an air of confidence bordering on arrogance - but had the success to justify it, no matter how uncomfortable a sight for opposing fans. In an attempt to continue the winning ways, some players in recent years tried to copy their predecessors, but instead of appearing confident - they just came across as boorish wankers, culminating in the Bogan-in-Chief.

Australian cricket will be back, of that I'm certain. if it's not constantly snarling, that will be a bonus.

On a personal note though - I know exactly how you Australian fans feel.

Replace Cricket Australia and David Warner moralising about the Spirit of Cricket with Team Sky and David Brailsford moralising about cleaning up cycling.

TDF wins in 2012, 13, 15, 16 and 17, and Vuelta win 2017. It's quite possible that the Wiggins TDF and Froome Vuelta wins are dirty, and the others  are open to doubt. There's a hollow feeling in the guts, and a nasty taste in the mouth.

I won't deny a certain pleasure at the discomfort and embarrassment of some players - but I do feel for you true fans. I really do.
Growler
Growler

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 15 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Tue 27 Mar 2018, 23:14

Let's all get this straight.

Typically (not always) the Aussies represent the highest standards of cricket. This time around they have failed according to their OWN standards.

Regardless of occasion, I hope Warner and Smith have plenty to say.

Sniggahh....
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 27 Mar 2018, 23:21

Growler wrote:
horace wrote:Yep lots of dancing on the grave of Oz cricket.

Fairy nuff. At least Oz posters here have been going at the throat of the Oz team on this issue. I don't recall Angela or Henry repudiating English tampering, pitch dial ups,  or calling for thugs like Stokes being given bans.

The reaction in Oz to this is the first time I have had a positive view about the joint in a long time.  Oz fans have drawn a line in the sand.

I don't think Australian cricket's in the grave, h - or even on its deathbed.

For sure, it's been suffering from something rather nasty for a few years - but it's now being treated (to a degree). Sadly, it doesn't look as though the rot has all been cut out, as Boof maintains his position of malignant influence. If Dizzy or someone of that ilk replaced him, recovery would be quicker.

You know, much of the problem started 20-odd years ago. Under Steven Waugh, then Rick Ponting - Australia had one of the best ever cricket squads - right up there with Sir Donalds Invincibles and the WIndies of Sir Clive Lloyd/Sir Viv Richards. As fans, you couldn't move for ATG players, and when a whole slew of them retired within a few years of the '05 Ashes, their replacements were not quite as good.

It's my belief that the expectation of victory was still there, without the ability to make it happen. The pre 2007 players had an air of confidence bordering on arrogance - but had the success to justify it, no matter how uncomfortable a sight for opposing fans. In an attempt to continue the winning ways, some players in recent years tried to copy their predecessors, but instead of appearing confident - they just came across as boorish wankers, culminating in the Bogan-in-Chief.

Australian cricket will be back, of that I'm certain. if it's not constantly snarling, that will be a bonus.

On a personal note though - I know exactly how you Australian fans feel.

Replace Cricket Australia and David Warner moralising about the Spirit of Cricket with Team Sky and David Brailsford moralising about cleaning up cycling.

TDF wins in 2012, 13, 15, 16 and 17, and Vuelta win 2017. It's quite possible that the Wiggins TDF and Froome Vuelta wins are dirty, and the others  are open to doubt. There's a hollow feeling in the guts, and a nasty taste in the mouth.

I won't deny a certain pleasure at the discomfort and embarrassment of some players - but I do feel for you true fans. I really do.

Great post, G.

Yeah, the expectation to win after so many years of success clearly has driven the current fragile Aus XI to desperate and dirty measures.

And thanks for understanding the sick feeling not only Aus cricket fans are experiencing but most of the nation. There has been a remarkable outpouring of rage, indignation, disgust and despair from the Aus community this past week.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 27 Mar 2018, 23:23

Growler wrote:On a personal note though - I know exactly how you Australian fans feel.

Yeah, not to mention every track cycling gold we’ve won since Jason Queally got the ball rolling for the lottery funding regime in Sydney.

The Aussies might just have had the only clean TdF winner since the days when they used booze and amphetamines to get them up the mountains. There might not have been one at all, of course, just various shades of cheatiness, like mints vs. sandpaper...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 27 Mar 2018, 23:41

Anyway, at the end of Australian cricket’s Red Wedding, surprisingly there’s a Starc left standing...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399

Back to top Go down

Post by ojitarian Tue 27 Mar 2018, 23:45

beamer wrote:Anyway, at the end of Australian cricket’s Red Wedding, surprisingly there’s a Starc left standing...
Gold.

ojitarian

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 27 Mar 2018, 23:47

Thanks Growls, Furri and Beams. Well said by each of you.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 28 Mar 2018, 00:40

Everyone should take a bed and lay down. I wanted to throw something at the TV at 3.00am too. Lehmann will be gone by the end of the series and Sutherland soon after. The network/s if not the govt will sand it. Though I'd like to think it'll be vox pop that holds sway.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 28 Mar 2018, 01:47

furriner wrote:F*CK OFF AND DIE CHEATING AUSSIE QUNTS!!!

I reckon you've nailed his response.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 28 Mar 2018, 01:49

eowyn wrote:The Aussies have most likely been doing dodgy stuff for years, they just had people with higher IQs than Smith & Warner coming up with and executing the plans.

Maybe. It certainly didn't look like Bancroft had had any practice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Wed 28 Mar 2018, 03:44

ojitarian wrote:
beamer wrote:Anyway, at the end of Australian cricket’s Red Wedding, surprisingly there’s a Starc left standing...
Gold.

Agreed.  Better than gold actually.

lardbucket wrote:
eowyn wrote:The Aussies have most likely been doing dodgy stuff for years, they just had people with higher IQs than Smith & Warner coming up with and executing the plans.

Maybe. It certainly didn't look like Bancroft had had any practice.
 Snigger.
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Wed 28 Mar 2018, 03:48

horace wrote:Thanks Growls, Furri and Beams. Well said by each of you.

Go well horrie.  

In any case I'm only being nice coz I want the original strutting Ricky Poontang kinda Aussie qunt player to troll, is that too much to ask?
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next