Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian ball tampering headlines.

+28
krikri
ojitarian
MoH
Paul Keating
WideWally
PeterCS
furriner
beamer
taipan
Fred Nerk
tricycle
Aditya
OP Tipping
Growler
Dello
Basil
Nath
JGK
Bradman
embee
Red
Big Dog
horace
lardbucket
skully
Henry
Blackadder
whitburn
32 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 29 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by Bradman Wed 04 Apr 2018, 03:20

Fairy muff. But I'd use SFM.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 29 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by Red Wed 04 Apr 2018, 04:10

Interesting that Dyer has been complaining that Bancroft and Smith were put up to a presser on the day of the dastardly event, yet both were adamant that they wanted to front the media. Of course Smith in particular, seems to lack worldliness, so it was always ill-advised.

Agree with Fred Nerk and co. above drawing attention to Howard. What has he tangibly done to constructively add to our cricketing culture, performance of experience?
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 04 Apr 2018, 04:17

Howard may beat Sutherland to centrelink.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Wed 04 Apr 2018, 07:52

Smith has made the smart move not to appeal the ban. Doubt if the bogan will follow.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 04 Apr 2018, 07:55

Bradman wrote:Howard may beat Sutherland to centrelink.

It amazes me that Howard has escaped the axe for so long.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105929
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:00

Smith won't appeal

"Banned Steve Smith will not challenge the sanctions imposed on him by Cricket Australia for his role in the ball-tampering scandal in South Africa, the former captain said on Wednesday.
"I would give anything to have this behind me and be back representing my country," Smith said on his verified Twitter account.

"But I meant what I said about taking full responsibility as Captain of the team.

I won't be challenging the sanctions. They've been imposed by CA to send a strong message and I have accepted them." "

---------------------------------------------

I hope he is not martyring himself.

If Warner appeals and gets a reduction it will be a dreadful waste to have Smith on the sidelines longer than he could have been.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:04

skully wrote:Smith won't appeal

"Banned Steve Smith will not challenge the sanctions imposed on him by Cricket Australia for his role in the ball-tampering scandal in South Africa, the former captain said on Wednesday.
"I would give anything to have this behind me and be back representing my country," Smith said on his verified Twitter account.

"But I meant what I said about taking full responsibility as Captain of the team.

I won't be challenging the sanctions. They've been imposed by CA to send a strong message and I have accepted them." "

If Warner appeals and gets a reduction it will be a dreadful waste to have Smith on the sidelines longer than he could have been.

Could be a double bluff. If Warner appeals and gets a reduction, won't CA change his ban as well?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:06

get over it Skully.... one in a hundred Spivs playing for Oz turn out to be a goodn
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:09

taipan wrote:
skully wrote:Smith won't appeal

Could be a double bluff. If Warner appeals and gets a reduction, won't CA change his ban as well?

so Quntis McYarpieface should Faffhead stand down...is their a good school rule for the Yarps?
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:11

Smith maybe doesn't have quite as much to worry about as his vertically-challenged former deputy insofaras getting his spot back is concerned.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8810
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:24

This is smelling like a setup. CA banishes the players. No. 1 qunt takes most of the heat and appeals a comparitively unjust sentence and dickheads 2 and 3 walk.

Or did I read too many ludlum novels.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:27

horace wrote:get over it Skully.... one in a hundred Spivs playing for Oz turn out to be a goodn

And where do you rate Smith in that sweeping statement?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:28

Think it's a smart move by Smith. He has the public in his corner after the lachrymose press conference and he will be seen as having some humility and integrity.

Warner is older and CA is already at the end of their tether where he is concerned. He probably thinks he has nothing to lose.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:30

Interesting take by posters above re: any reduction that Warner gets being automatically applied to Smith and Bancroft as well.

I'm not sure that's how it will work.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 04 Apr 2018, 08:39

Red wrote:Think it's a smart move by Smith. He has the public in his corner after the lachrymose press conference and he will be seen as having some humility and integrity.

Warner is older and CA is already at the end of their tether where he is concerned. He probably thinks he has nothing to lose.

OK that's got to be the most obscure word used on this forum.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 04 Apr 2018, 09:50

Bradman wrote:This is smelling like a setup. CA banishes the players.  No. 1 qunt takes most of the heat and appeals a comparitively unjust sentence and dickheads  2 and 3 walk.

Or did I read too many ludlum novels.

Apparently* Smith has confirmed that he will not appeal the sentence. I wonder if he has done a deal with CA where they might otherwise clear him to play County Cricket if he wanted.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:05

Bancroft has followed the leadership shown by Smith and he will accept his medicine too.

I think that Smith is allowed to play CC according to a report tonight. Surely that will assist him with the next Ashes campaign in mind.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:12

It certainly sounds like assurances have been made to Smith (and possibly Bancroft) by CA but Warner can stew in his own juice.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:33

It's not leadership Red. It's a stitch up. This is a farce. Unless Sutherland and Howard go without golden parachutes this thing is nonsensical.
S
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:39

Bradman wrote:It's not leadership Red.  It's a stitch up.  This is a farce.  Unless Sutherland and Howard go without golden parachutes this thing is nonsensical.
S

Guess all will be revealed in the fullness of time.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:41

Bradman wrote:It's not leadership Red.  It's a stitch up.  This is a farce.  Unless Sutherland and Howard go without golden parachutes this thing is nonsensical.
S

Word.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:42

And if Sutherland and Howard get the Aunty Jack and the new bloke has a different view about whatever private arrangements they may have made with Smith, or indeed with the penalties themselves, are we straight back at square 1?

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:48

Red wrote:
S

Guess all will be revealed in the fullness of time.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:49

Fred Nerk wrote:And if Sutherland and Howard get the Aunty Jack and the new bloke has a different view about whatever private arrangements they may have made with Smith, or indeed with the penalties themselves, are we straight back at square 1?

Unless they are acting ultra vires, I don't see what a new man can do about it.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:51

Bradman wrote:
Red wrote:Think it's a smart move by Smith. He has the public in his corner after the lachrymose press conference and he will be seen as having some humility and integrity.

OK that's got to be the most obscure word used on this forum.

It's Red's favourite, has used it 1087 times on this forum alone

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38088
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next