Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian ball tampering headlines.

+28
krikri
ojitarian
MoH
Paul Keating
WideWally
PeterCS
furriner
beamer
taipan
Fred Nerk
tricycle
Aditya
OP Tipping
Growler
Dello
Basil
Nath
JGK
Bradman
embee
Red
Big Dog
horace
lardbucket
skully
Henry
Blackadder
whitburn
32 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 28 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by horace Mon 02 Apr 2018, 13:55

Fred Nerk wrote:
Bradman wrote:He probably doesn't want the job.  But how's  about "you'll be on the next plane out of here "  AB.

He probably doesn't want it either. Also seems likely that if he'd ever wanted it he'd have had a shot at it by now.

I'm unconvinced about JL too, (although maybe slightly more convinced than horrie).

He has a poor record as a coach in first class cricket and has failed to develop the talent at his disposal.. Good short form coach though.

He is also a self promoting and parochial tool.

His appointment as Test coach would be a joke.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Australian ball tampering headlines. - Page 28 Empty Re: Australian ball tampering headlines.

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 02 Apr 2018, 14:00

If they do ring Buchanan I can imagine the convo going something like this:

SUTHERLAND: John we need somebody to pull the squad into line. Somebody prepared to kick whatever arses need kicking.

BUCHANAN: OK but there'd need to be a few things different from last time. For a start, if Warne or Warner or Warnest tells me to get stuffed this time, I'd want a statement of full support, from you and/or that Howard bloke that's rumoured to exist and rumoured to be a head honcho round here, preferably before the media get hold of it. Can you give me an assurance that will happen?

Dame Joan would have about 10 seconds before the line goes dead.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 02 Apr 2018, 14:01

Double bloody post - my keyboard has two settings: hair trigger and comatose.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 02 Apr 2018, 14:21

Sutherland is seriously out of there and I hate hand held devices too.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 02 Apr 2018, 16:46

I am encouraged by horrie's irrational and vocal opposition to Langer to believe that he might actually do a good job.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 02 Apr 2018, 17:16

Well whoever comes in next will have a very low barrier to cross.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 02 Apr 2018, 19:00

lardbucket wrote:I am encouraged by horrie's irrational and vocal opposition to Langer to believe that he might actually do a good job.

Appoint him as jamodi coach.

Lardy, how has a WA performed in the Shield? How many players have improved under his watch?
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 03 Apr 2018, 00:02

None yet, but the team has improved on his watch.

Turner, Agar, Paris, Bancroft.

Even Klinger and Voges achieved national rep status ‘on his watch’ having failed to get there for years, nay decades, previously.

Surely you respect Klinger’s opinion ... ‘best coach in Australia’ from just the last few days.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 03 Apr 2018, 01:19

Well there's the Marsh boys, as much as it pains me to say it.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 03 Apr 2018, 02:21

Yet with all that 'talent', he has failed to deliver a winning Shield culture. That players like Agar got games is a joke. And then there is Donkey. Turner is unproven. Bangers may have been the one with a bit of grit, but we may not see him again.

On another topic, I heard Craddock on the radio today. He seems convinced that Warner will appeal and try blame shifting/sharing to others. He does not think Smith will. He also thinks Howard will not come out of the Inquiry well.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 03 Apr 2018, 02:51

Unless his pr people reel him in he was always going to appeal. If successful Smith and bankcroft won't have to lift a finger.u
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 03 Apr 2018, 03:20

Presumably he will also be interviewed as part of the Inquiry. Seems he is steamed up for being given the enforcer role and now being slated for it. To me he is like Carl Williams, a would be hard man rolling over. Crash basically said he was so erratic and thick as a person he could not predict what he might do.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 03 Apr 2018, 03:40

Thick he certainly is.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 03 Apr 2018, 04:19

Funny seeing Greg Dyer from the players union saying they will appeal.

I guess if anyone knows the impact one mistake can have on a career it is him.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 03 Apr 2018, 05:05

horace wrote:Yet with all that 'talent', he has failed to deliver a winning Shield culture. That players like Agar got games is a joke. And then there is Donkey. Turner is unproven. Bangers may have been the one with a bit of grit,  but we may not see him again.

On another topic, I heard Craddock on the radio today. He seems convinced that Warner will appeal and try blame shifting/sharing to others. He does not think Smith will. He also thinks Howard will not come out of the Inquiry well.

Pathetic, horrie.

Just how many seasons is it permissible to compete in against 5 other good sides without winning one before you deem them a shit coach? Remembering that Victoria has been strong and won 3 times since Langer inherited an absolutely dispirited mob just over 5 years ago? There will be a lot of dud coaches on your list.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 03 Apr 2018, 05:13

Yep, good old Captain Bloody Awful. When he picked that Andrew Jones snick up off the carpet there was dead grass under it, or at least so says the legend.

His only piece of luck was following Dim Tim Zoehrer.....which at least meant he was never Australia's worst ever keeper.

Have the bloody enquiry/hearing/appeal/WTF-ever. That way if they can make the penalties stand, nobody can whinge about due process (and all that other PC crap that S-Bend cicadas hate so much).

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 03 Apr 2018, 07:54

You don't an inquiry to prove Warner is a qunt.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 03 Apr 2018, 08:34

lardbucket wrote:
horace wrote:Yet with all that 'talent', he has failed to deliver a winning Shield culture. That players like Agar got games is a joke. And then there is Donkey. Turner is unproven. Bangers may have been the one with a bit of grit,  but we may not see him again.

Pathetic, horrie.

Just how many seasons is it permissible to compete in against 5 other good sides without winning one before you deem them a shit coach? Remembering that Victoria has been strong and won 3 times since Langer inherited an absolutely dispirited mob just over 5 years ago? There will be a lot of dud coaches on your list.

Really? As I said elsewhere, he is a successful short form coach. A 'winning culture' does not imply winning the Shield every year. It means being competitive on a consistent basis. He has not delivered that, His CV has a significant hole in it. I just hope they interview some other candidates, including Gillespie. But I expect they will just go through the motions.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 04 Apr 2018, 01:11

Kyle and Jackie O have defended their phuckwit "Intern Pete" who made a goose of himself at the Steve Smith press conference 

They were smarter than Steve because they denied prior knowledge of the stupidity 

They then used the mental well-being defense to stop people telling the  phuckwit what they thought of him ....apparently some keyboard warriors thought death threats were appropriate
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 04 Apr 2018, 01:16

The Kyles of this world should be collectively called the R Bend - because they're only one link on the food chain above the S Bend.

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 04 Apr 2018, 02:09

Above?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 04 Apr 2018, 02:22

Slightly more accountable and visible to the outside world than the big fish in the rancid SBM pond

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 04 Apr 2018, 02:33

SBM?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 04 Apr 2018, 02:51

I think it's "Social Bloody Media", Q.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 04 Apr 2018, 03:14

10 points and a pick of the board for skulls

Fred Nerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next