Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed...

+22
LeFromage
Winkle Spinner
doremi
Paul Keating
Chivalry Augustus
HH_pink
leg glancer
holcs
PeterCS
Brass Monkey
JKLever
horace
lardbucket
taipan
skully
Invader Zim
embee
Basil
Henry
PlanetPakistan
G.Wood
Zat
26 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 2 Empty Re: In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed...

Post by Zat Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:36 pm

lardbucket wrote:Zat, you picked out a 'bad call'. Halfway down that link is a worse call, from 'Xavier':

>>>

Does this message board never shut?

And why does it take 30 seconds for the page to compose?

<<<

I do agree with Henry that it would be good to get the occasional new poster here. By that I mean real ones, not just spare IDs for Rob/Lags.
Need to get the word out in other fora then. (Ooh look, he used the fancy plural for forum!)

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 2 Empty Re: In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed...

Post by taipan Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:43 pm

Zat wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Zat, you picked out a 'bad call'. Halfway down that link is a worse call, from 'Xavier':

>>>

<<<

I do agree with Henry that it would be good to get the occasional new poster here. By that I mean real ones, not just spare IDs for Rob/Lags.
Need to get the word out in other fora then. (Ooh look, he used the fancy plural for forum!)

I tried on the SA board, but it was a slow cricket day.....
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:44 pm

taipan wrote:
Zat wrote:

>>>

<<<

Funny, TO was a BCCI muppet on C4 too...

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:28 pm

horace wrote:I worry that RD moons jockeys at Ippy - a very dangerous racetrack
Fixed.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:59 pm

lardbucket wrote:

How do you advertise the forum though?

'Flaming Bails cricket forum. Home to loonbags & mentalists......discuss anything you like, occasionally theres some cricket too'
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:07 pm

Isn't this forum a bit of a coterie - a small associated group tending to cliquiness? Seems to work OK. Now if Henry would just fark off, it'd be sweet. Smile
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:09 pm

New blood is always good. Mixes it up a little. I think you need some thick skin though and a lot of people seem to have too high an opinion of their own views and don't like to be shot down.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:17 pm

Zat wrote:
taipan wrote:
Zat wrote:

>>>

<<<

Funny, TO was a BCCI muppet on C4 too...
Actually they didn't quite understand our particular brand of lunacy. It was at the height of the tac era when they registered.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:23 pm

Bizarrely we have 146 members that have posted between 1 and 9649 posts and another bunch of 65 which haven't posted. I guess they are spare ID's, lurkers, and shy bodies.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:24 pm

skully wrote:Bizarrely we have 146 members that have posted between 1 and 9649 posts and another bunch of 65 which havent posted. I guess they are spare ID's, lurkers, and shy bodies.

It's the 80/20 principle.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:26 pm

See you down at the Pareto bar.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:10 am

Well now the glossary has finally been updated, new members might be able to understand what we are talking about.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 am

No chance.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:30 am

Qué?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:51 am

Qué, qué??
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:56 am

Si

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:10 am

taipan wrote:
Zat wrote:

>>>

<<<

What better time than Eng v SA... Especially as your going to hand us our arses on a plate this time!!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481

Back to top Go down

Post by leg glancer Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:18 am

skully wrote:Bizarrely we have 146 members that have posted between 1 and 9649 posts and another bunch of 65 which haven't posted. I guess they are spare ID's, lurkers, and shy bodies.

Multiple ID's? Perhaps some people have split personalities.
leg glancer
leg glancer

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-11-19
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:35 am

Demelza wrote:Si

He's not here.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:41 am

That's a point. Don't think he has even joined.

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:06 am

I posted thrice on C4 in the last month, and two of my posts got binned. A 66.6% deletion rate has got to be a record!
HH_pink
HH_pink

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 2 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:45 am

I only made three or four posts on C4's cricket forum. I think I spent more time in the Lost section reading the mad theories of lunatics. Strikes me as being a cliquey, weird place, mostly full to the brim of rubbish; much like this place. The biggest problem here is that there are about 10 members posting 95% of the content. You look at somewhere like PakPassion with 7000 or so members, and there's a lot of variety, a lot more coverage, and thus a greater amount of quality. You can start a thread over there and it generally stays on track and encourages cricketing discussion, whilst on here it evolves into tripe, usually courtesy of a number of argumentative fools who needn't be named.

I have personally felt for a while that this forum would benefit from changing the IPL and the "I was there" sections into General Discussion and Drivel sections respectively. The first is self-explanatory and the second is for the crap spouted by Demelza, Tac and Co. If they want to talk shit, let them do it.

Just my opinion, like. It seems that most people enjoy the predominantly non-cricketing drivel, so I'm sure my opinion will be shouted down...
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:50 am

You can't talk cricket 24/7...

One of the reasons we moved was because our 'drivel' kept getting deleted. It's good to be able to just post about any old shit and then see if anyones interested.

Politics,Music,Current Afairs etc started to get binned too quickly on C4.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:24 am

As silly as this sounds, this place would fire up if the likes of Matthew, JC, MisterCricket and Karti returned.

Like them or not, they added something to the forum.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-26
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:26 am

Paul Keating wrote:As silly as this sounds, this place would fire up if the likes of Matthew, JC, MisterCricket and Karti returned.

Like them or not, they added something to the forum.

Could do without Mr Cricket - anyway, the persistent rumour is that Mr Cricket was one of Rob's many IDs.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next