Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed...

+22
LeFromage
Winkle Spinner
doremi
Paul Keating
Chivalry Augustus
HH_pink
leg glancer
holcs
PeterCS
Brass Monkey
JKLever
horace
lardbucket
taipan
skully
Invader Zim
embee
Basil
Henry
PlanetPakistan
G.Wood
Zat
26 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 4 Empty Re: In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed...

Post by Paul Keating Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:03

new forummers names I cannot remember.

But people like GordoninPortsmouth (hardly ever) and Rizzo (permanently) don't post because they are sick of the petty fights that frequent this place.

They were quality forummers.

And regarding Ballack, what a big time player he is. Just accept defeat. Oh that's ight, you are never wrong.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 4 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 4 Empty Re: In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed...

Post by JKLever Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:03

Paul Keating wrote:everyone has to be thick skinned and all, but I've seen in the past new forummers with 'different' views get lambasted and then driven out of here within weeks of registering.

No, they were all Gabba Dan...
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:05

Maybe they were Gabba Dan.

But do you consider him a troll,or simply someone with opposing views to you?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:05

Paul Keating wrote:

But people like GordoninPortsmouth (hardly ever) and Rizzo (permanently) don't post because they are sick of the petty fights that frequent this place.

Nah, not quite right.

Gordon doesn't post here because he was tired of having the same discussions with the same people for the past 5 years.

Rizzo hadn't posted for 2 years on C4 anyway, just dropped off the face of the forumming earth.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:07

Paul Keating wrote:new forummers names I cannot remember.

And regarding Ballack, what a big time player he is. Just accept defeat. Oh that's ight, you are never wrong.

Gordon says he was bored of the posting the same stuff to get the same responses here. Rizzo? As Bugs Bunny would say "Never hoyd of him". He hasn't posted here in my knowledge.

Yup. I'm glad you've accepted that he's a big time player. Practically carried Germany throughout the tournament. Just about every football journalist and every watching football fan thought so. They must be never wrong too.

Anyway, it's rarely, not never. Rarely] Wink
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:07

Paul Keating wrote:Maybe they were Gabba Dan.

He wasn't a troll he was weird. If you're going to claim that you're Carl Rackemann on a forum you've got to expect some ribbing if you can't back it up.

Keeps signing up, then giving it a big fanfare that he's resigning and then signing up again - repeat process. Weird....
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:08

I didn't see Toni on your team of the tournament though. I thought he was outstanding.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:11

essentially we just need new members. no two ways about it.

We need a strong international contingent. At the moment it is mainly Indians, English and Aussies.

A few more from Pakistan, SL, WI, and particularly NZ are required for bit of variety.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:13

This forum's not really new member friendly.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:14

doremi wrote:This forum's not really new member friendly.

Oh, it is. But you can't be a big girls blouse here....
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:14

maybe we need a mission statement, a mentor program and some discipline.

reminds me of another forum we tried to flee to.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:19

JKLever wrote:
Paul Keating wrote:Maybe they were Gabba Dan.

He wasn't a troll he was weird. If you're going to claim that you're Carl Rackemann on a forum you've got to expect some ribbing if you can't back it up.

Keeps signing up, then giving it a big fanfare that he's resigning and then signing up again - repeat process. Weird....

I must have missed a lot of the Carl Rackemann thingmybob, only know vague details.

But what I am trying to say is, someone like Karti would write an essay, and what does he get in reply from other members lining up to take their turn at shooting him. He gets a one liner eg "rubbish" or "phurt"

Whether it was rubbish or not, at least give him some respect and counter his argument.

that's my view anyway. if new members get give the same treatment, they will just leave.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:22

doremi wrote:I didn't see Toni on your team of the tournament though. I thought he was outstanding.

Did you? Good for you. Everybody thought Xavi and Iniesta were two of the players of the tournament. You seemed to think they were flat. bitofajoke.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:23

I think we did.

I remember shooting down his rankings with more than just a 'phurt' on many occassions.

Last edited by JKLever on Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:46; edited 1 time in total
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:29

The thing is Karti was pretty good most of the time with his analysis. WRT Indian cricket anyways.

Also, Xavi and Iniesta were flat in the two games I saw before the semis, against Sweden and Italy. Xavi more than Iniesta, but I've always liked Xavi. Aragones seemed to agree as he substituted them.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 02 Jul 2008, 19:35

Erm, no. Italy put ten men behind the ball. That doesn't make the opposition "flat". Against Sweden, Xavi didn't even play and Iniesta had a kick around with the b team for half the match and then went off.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 02 Jul 2008, 20:20

Bullshit. Both of them played in the match. Both were substituted, by Cazorla (who btw looked impressive) and Fabregas. Both looked flat. Spain played their first choice team. And Italy may have been overtly defensive but they also let Spain have a ridiculous amount of possession, with which the midfield looked pretty uninspiring.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 02 Jul 2008, 20:29

Methinks you need to learn what flat means.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 02 Jul 2008, 20:48

I found one excellent thread ...

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 02 Jul 2008, 20:57

Was there any Wozzie input? :ninja:
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 02 Jul 2008, 20:58

Zim is there on page 1 in one of his 10001 guises

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 02 Jul 2008, 21:21

Why is my flabber ungasted?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by iieee Wed 02 Jul 2008, 22:34

I found 20p.
iieee
iieee

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 02 Jul 2008, 22:34

Where? Suspect
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by iieee Wed 02 Jul 2008, 22:37

Down the back of the sofa thread. Obviously.
iieee
iieee

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next