Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed...

+22
LeFromage
Winkle Spinner
doremi
Paul Keating
Chivalry Augustus
HH_pink
leg glancer
holcs
PeterCS
Brass Monkey
JKLever
horace
lardbucket
taipan
skully
Invader Zim
embee
Basil
Henry
PlanetPakistan
G.Wood
Zat
26 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 3 Empty Re: In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed...

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue 01 Jul 2008, 19:28

JKLever wrote:You can't talk cricket 24/7...

At which point, you log out Wink.

One of the reasons we moved was because our 'drivel' kept getting deleted. It's good to be able to just post about any old shit and then see if anyones interested.

It's not about deletion though, it's about order. Under no circumstances did I suggest that posts should be deleted.

Politics,Music,Current Afairs etc started to get binned too quickly on C4.

And in my Utopia, they'd have their own little niche on the main page to click on if that sort of thing floats your boat. Just looking at the Cricket section now, there are about a dozen that would fit into such a section. Surely moving them would not detract from the quality or frequency of posting?
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 3 Empty Re: In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed...

Post by JKLever Tue 01 Jul 2008, 19:33

Split boards never work, there are not enough of us.

FB is a bit unique - you can post shit here you can't elsewhere and it's pretty much self modded. Actually you've probably got your answer there Augustus - we actually like our drivel.

Plus quite a few of us saddos have been forumming together for ages (2003 in my case)

What enticed you to come over from C4 with us then Gussie? You must have enjoyed the mentalist edge to our posting Wink
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 01 Jul 2008, 19:37

Anyhow, you mentioned Pakpassion as some kind of paradise. I hate boards where there are too many forummers. You can't build up a rapport with other forummers and your opinion doesn't get heard.

At least here it gets heard even if you get called a farqwit or a qunt because of it.

Just wish more of our 'lurkers' would post something!
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue 01 Jul 2008, 19:49

I read C4 a lot and someone gave me the link when it all fell apart. Despite my concerns, this is a good forum in many respects and one of the few English cricket forums that has good all-round coverage of English Domestic* and International matches. I don't see how small forums are any different from large ones; if people like you, they stick to you, if they don't, they ostracize you. I personally don't feel any rapport with anyone on here and I'm sure they feel the same way about me. The same probably applies to PP (apart from a select two or three people who nearly everyone has a rapport with).

I personally happen to think that this forum would at least benefit from a General Discussion forum. Two sections would allow disinterested observers like me to sift through the cricket and non-cricketing discussion with ease. Obviously, others are in another way inclined.

* - I cannot stand TMSB's method of having separate threads for different games. To be honest, I can't stand TMSB, period.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Number of posts : 4864

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 01 Jul 2008, 20:09

Augustus wrote: I don't see how small forums are any different from large ones; if people like you, they stick to you, if they don't, they ostracize you.

Not sure we forum to be liked... I like match threads with opinions from people you get to know 'in a forum sense'. For instance I can still rib Lara over the fact he thought KP shouldn't be in the England side in 2005.

It's whatever floats your boat I suppose. Never did like the BBC boards for the same reason I liked C4
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Tue 01 Jul 2008, 20:13

JKLever wrote:Split boards never work, there are not enough of us.

FB is a bit unique - you can post shit here you can't elsewhere and it's pretty much self modded. Actually you've probably got your answer there Augustus - we actually like our drivel.

Plus quite a few of us saddos have been forumming together for ages (2003 in my case)

What enticed you to come over from C4 with us then Gussie? You must have enjoyed the mentalist edge to our posting Wink

aye-aye
HH_pink
HH_pink

In the past month on the C4 cricket forum, you missed... - Page 3 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 01 Jul 2008, 20:19

Not your drivel though, Pinky.
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Tue 01 Jul 2008, 20:20

Augustus wrote:I read C4 a lot and someone gave me the link when it all fell apart. Despite my concerns, this is a good forum in many respects and one of the few English cricket forums that has good all-round coverage of English Domestic* and International matches. I don't see how small forums are any different from large ones; if people like you, they stick to you, if they don't, they ostracize you. I personally don't feel any rapport with anyone on here and I'm sure they feel the same way about me. The same probably applies to PP (apart from a select two or three people who nearly everyone has a rapport with).

I personally happen to think that this forum would at least benefit from a General Discussion forum. Two sections would allow disinterested observers like me to sift through the cricket and non-cricketing discussion with ease. Obviously, others are in another way inclined.

* - I cannot stand TMSB's method of having separate threads for different games. To be honest, I can't stand TMSB, period.

I believe it was tried for a while on here ...

I doubt it'd work because no one would go into a general discussion section just to have a general discussion - on a cricket forum. We can have general discussion on the cricket section because we come for cricket-related stuff but end up rambling about all that's out there possibly because of boredom and partly because of the good rapport many forummers share with each other. A stand alone GD section would be a huge flop.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Tue 01 Jul 2008, 20:20

JKLever wrote:Not your drivel though, Pinky.

Come on, you know my drivel is the best!
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Tue 01 Jul 2008, 20:32

Augustus wrote:

- I cannot stand TMSB's method of having separate threads for different games. To be honest, I can't stand TMSB, period.

There was a time not so many months ago when TMSB's threads on domestic cricket were a lot livlier than on here, happily that is no longer the case.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 01 Jul 2008, 20:49

We convert OT threads into cricket, and cricket threads almost always veer OT. So, what would be the point of a different forum.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Winkle Spinner Tue 01 Jul 2008, 21:17

Didn't we have a general discussion forum back in the early days of this place? And didn't it prove to be shit?
Winkle Spinner
Winkle Spinner

Number of posts : 953

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Tue 01 Jul 2008, 21:19

Indeed it did - for the very reason doremi mentioned!
JKLever
JKLever

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 01 Jul 2008, 21:20

Pretty much every sub-section has died on its arse.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Tue 01 Jul 2008, 21:53

I mentioned it first FFS !

I believe it was tried for a while on here ...

I doubt it'd work because no one would go into a general discussion section just to have a general discussion - on a cricket forum. We can have general discussion on the cricket section because we come for cricket-related stuff but end up rambling about all that's out there possibly because of boredom and partly because of the good rapport many forummers share with each other. A stand alone GD section would be a huge flop.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 02 Jul 2008, 08:34

Thing is, if you're a regular on here (every 1-2 days visit) the most you'll get is 1-2 pages to filter through. Depends what sort of reader you are, but it doesn't take long to catch up unless you've missed a giant shitfest. They're few and far between. You see an OT thread, you don't have to read it - I think that's pretty straighforward.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 02 Jul 2008, 08:37

This thread alone, in less than 24 hours, went past the entir June 'output' of the other place.

Wonder if we can find out which advertising agency C4 uses to place their web ads. Could show them just how much traffic C4 is missing out on, because the cricket forum was one of the busier ones there IIRC.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 02 Jul 2008, 08:59

It was pretty popular, but not as popular as such 'twat on twat' sections as the Big Bro forum and the general discussion. I'd put it top 10 though and definitely the most multi-national.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 02 Jul 2008, 09:07

Ah well, C4 Ed and crew can go blow themselves.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 02 Jul 2008, 09:12

Well, what else would they be doing?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38121
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 02 Jul 2008, 09:16

Mudge stuff.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 02 Jul 2008, 10:53

Basil wrote:
Augustus wrote:

- I cannot stand TMSB's method of having separate threads for different games. To be honest, I can't stand TMSB, period.

There was a time not so many months ago when TMSB's threads on domestic cricket were a lot livlier than on here, happily that is no longer the case.

When? Before the domestic season started? Makes sense doesn't it?
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 02 Jul 2008, 18:47

I agree that we need more forummers.

Just seen that howstat has a "cricket links" section where they link to good cricket sites. Perhaps they could be emailed and asked to add this one.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed 02 Jul 2008, 18:53

everyone has to be thick skinned and all, but I've seen in the past new forummers with 'different' views get lambasted and then driven out of here within weeks of registering.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 02 Jul 2008, 18:56

Who?

Nobody trusts your judgment since the Ballack debacle.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next