Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket

+29
taipan
HH_pink
skully
Chandan
Batman
Henry Nolonga
philcric
holcs
horace
furriner
*Buckaroo*
Invader Zim
Lara Lara Laughs
Zat
Chivalry Augustus
tac
The One
PearlJ
trident
doremi
DJ_Smerk
Ash
Merlin
bliksem
Josh Carney
please don't yell
embee
SG
Henry
33 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket - Page 9 Empty Re: Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket

Post by doremi Tue 18 Nov 2008, 13:01

In Yuvi's case aren't we 100% sure that he'll fail yet again? 23 tests are a lot and if he could establish himself, he'd have done so when he got the run of 13 tests consecutively.

100%? Atleast I'm not. I still have hope that he'll make a good MO batsman for India.

But I agree to an extent as well, he has been given chances. And I have said the selectors should make him wait before trying him out again in tests. I just can't totally rule him out for the Indian team.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket - Page 9 Empty Re: Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket

Post by Chandan Tue 18 Nov 2008, 13:08

doremi wrote:
In Yuvi's case aren't we 100% sure that he'll fail yet again? 23 tests are a lot and if he could establish himself, he'd have done so when he got the run of 13 tests consecutively.

100%? Atleast I'm not. I still have hope that he'll make a good MO batsman for India.

But I agree to an extent as well, he has been given chances. And I have said the selectors should make him wait before trying him out again in tests. I just can't totally rule him out for the Indian team.

Why? What changes in his technique or attitude or fitness or even FC performance gives you hope that he'll be a successful MO batsman in tests?

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 18 Nov 2008, 13:13

I don't think there's a major problem in his technique or attitude. But it's mostly my opinion based on how I've watched him bat.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743

Back to top Go down

Post by Chandan Tue 18 Nov 2008, 13:35

doremi wrote:I don't think there's a major problem in his technique or attitude. But it's mostly my opinion based on how I've watched him bat.

So what makes you think that he'll still be a success?

Chandan

Number of posts : 1780
Registration date : 2007-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 18 Nov 2008, 13:51

Chandan wrote:
Henry wrote:I've always thought Yuvraj was an outstanding talent, and some of his strokeplay is reminiscent of Garry Sobers. Obviously he hasnt achieved the same success as Sobers, but I really think it's time India considered dropping Laxman from the test team and playing Yuvraj. He gives India an X factor not just with his batting, but he's very good in the field as well.

His time has come.

Remember this thread of yours Trev?

I wonder why does each selector forget that ODIs and tests are different and tests require much superior skills than in ODIs.

If SK chooses this wrong path we might waste another 5-7 tests again and team will have two batsmen, one on the verge of retiring and other on the verge of getting discarded once again!

How will the team perform with just 2 middle order batsmen able to perform? What'll happen if even one of these two fail?

Yes Chandan, I remember this thread very well, and apart from the dropping Laxman bit, I well and truly stand by what I said. Yuvraj will almost certainly be picked for the test side to play England, and make no doubt about it- It will be his last chance at test cricket.

You can go on all you like about how so and so might be a better test batsman than Yuvraj, but you can't deny that Yuvraj has well and truly put his hand up to take Ganguly's spot. At a time when about 5 batsmen had a great chance to stake their claim for a rare test birth, Yuvraj is the one who has shone brightest, so good luck to him. I hope he well and truly realises that this is his last chance, and takes it. Rohit hasn't done anything in this series yet, and neither has Raina.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Thu 20 Nov 2008, 03:34

Rohit hasn't done anything in this series yet, and neither has Raina.
Rohit hasn't done much in ODIs since CB series and that was played long way back. As for Raina, he is a FTB par excellence.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 16 Aug 2010, 03:39

ndia's Yuvraj Singh contracts dengue fever
Yuvraj Singh
India lost by 200 runs to New Zealand in their first match of the tri-series

Yuvraj Singh has dengue fever and will miss India's one-day international against Sri Lanka on Monday, team captain Mahendra Dhoni has announced.

The mosquito-borne disease has already killed more than 170 people in Sri Lanka this year, but India captain Dhoni said Yuvraj is "out of danger".

The 28-year-old has played 34 Tests for India with a batting average of 35.63.

Dhoni also said seam bowler Ashish Nehra is doubtful for the match in Dambulla because of an injury.
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26204
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 15 Apr 2012, 14:54

top thread

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38091
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:25

Henry wrote:I've always thought Yuvraj was an outstanding talent, and some of his strokeplay is reminiscent of Garry Sobers. Obviously he hasnt achieved the same success as Sobers, but I really think it's time India considered dropping Laxman from the test team and playing Yuvraj. He gives India an X factor not just with his batting, but he's very good in the field as well.

His time has come.

My all time favourite
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:32

even yuvraj's mum didnt have the same hopes

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:42

Laxman scored 3698 runs at 51.36 after that Trev post
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:46

and yuvraj scored 1070 at 34.51. so he was basically right

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:48

How healthy is Yoov these days?

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8810
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:18

His time has come.

Most expensive IPL buy ever

beating his own record from last season

embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:37

Fred Nerk wrote:How healthy is Yoov these days?

Sounds like he barely survived the Trevving but there are sure to be side effects..
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 16 Feb 2015, 23:11

if not for repeated trevving the great youvi would have overtaken Bradman and Sobers
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 08 Apr 2015, 05:22

Yuvraj Singh’s father Yograj Singh launches extraordinary tirade towards MS Dhoni
FOX SPORTS APRIL 08, 2015 7:25AM SHARE

THE father of one of MS Dhoni’s former teammates has launched an extraordinary tirade against the India captain, labelling him a “terrible person”.

Yograj Singh, father of 2011 World Cup hero Yuvraj Singh, is no stranger to controversial outbursts having already blamed Dhoni for his son being left out of the 2015 World Cup squad.

But Yograj took things up a notch on Tuesday in an insult-filled interview in which he also said if he worked in the media, he would have physically hit Dhoni.

“Dhoni was nothing. He has become a God in cricket just because of media,” Yograj told a Hindi news channel.

“Media has crowned him as a great which he never deserved.

“There was a time when he had nothing but today he sits in front of media and rips off the media persons.

“He laughs at media who has given him so much hype. He laughs at the Indian people who clap when he scores a run.

“Honestly, if I were a media person, I would have slapped Dhoni right there.”

Yograj, himself a former cricketer who played one Test and six one-day internationals for India, didn’t stop there.

“I feel really ashamed when other cricketers come and tell me about Dhoni,” Yograj said.

“Earlier, I used to think that people must be cribbing about Dhoni due to jealousy. But when the cricketers told me about him, I think I have never seen a terrible person like him ever in my life.”

Predictably Yuvraj Sing - who is gearing up for another Indian Premier League campaign in which he’s set to earn $3.3 million with Delhi Daredevils - sought to distance himself from his father’s comments.

Dhoni came in for some criticism after India’s World Cup exit at the hands of Australia, due mainly to a strange batting performance in his side’s semi-final loss that was summed up by Dhoni being run out after not bothering to slide his bat.

However many India newspapers and websites immediately leapt to the wicketkeeper-batsman’s defence and lashed out at those criticising the 33-year-old.
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Wed 08 Apr 2015, 05:44

Yograj Singh is a terrible person, and I'm not even joking.

He did finally get acquitted in the harbouring case though.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 08 Apr 2015, 05:48

Yograj is a bit of a loon, isn't he? Verging on being sad, really. Certainly sad that the Indian media still seeks him out for a cheap, controversial quote.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 08 Apr 2015, 05:52

It came up on my news feed as "Father of Indian Star lashes Dhoni" ....and my immediate thought was 'Yograj Singh'
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 09 Apr 2015, 02:28

Henry wrote:Yuvraj is a matchwinner. He'll get out now and then looking a bit loose, but he'll also win India test matches.

Yuvraj is India's most gifted batsman after Tendulkar. He should be playing all forms of cricket for them.

Has anyone ever seen Trev and Yograj in the same room at the same time?

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 01 Sep 2016, 22:58

embee wrote:

His time has come.

My all time favourite

embee wrote:Laxman scored 3698 runs at 51.36 after that Trev post

The One wrote:and yuvraj scored 1070 at 34.51. so he was basically right

taipan wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:How healthy is Yoov these days?

Sounds like he barely survived the Trevving but there are sure to be side effects..

lardbucket wrote:
Henry wrote:Yuvraj is a matchwinner. He'll get out now and then looking a bit loose, but he'll also win India test matches.

Yuvraj is India's most gifted batsman after Tendulkar. He should be playing all forms of cricket for them.

Has anyone ever seen Trev and Yograj in the same room at the same time?

found

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 02 Sep 2016, 00:02

He's only 34. Still tome for him to make a dramatic comeback and prove his worth as the Indian Sobers......
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 02 Sep 2016, 04:17

Henry wrote:He's only 34. Still tome or tomb for him to make a dramatic comeback as as comic book writer or ersatz Jesus and prove his worth as the Indian Sobers......

groucho
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9