Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket

+29
taipan
HH_pink
skully
Chandan
Batman
Henry Nolonga
philcric
holcs
horace
furriner
*Buckaroo*
Invader Zim
Lara Lara Laughs
Zat
Chivalry Augustus
tac
The One
PearlJ
trident
doremi
DJ_Smerk
Ash
Merlin
bliksem
Josh Carney
please don't yell
embee
SG
Henry
33 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket - Page 2 Empty Re: Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket

Post by Henry Sat 06 Oct 2007, 03:08

Yuvraj is a cleaner striker of the ball than those 3 you mentioned, tac. He honestly gives the impression that he can hit sixes at will with a flick of the wrists.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket - Page 2 Empty Re: Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket

Post by doremi Sat 06 Oct 2007, 21:29

Yuvraj's batting is absolutely majestic when he's in flow.

But how comfortable will anyone be with a line-up with Yuvi and Dhoni at 6 and 7, and Sehwag opening, which I'm sure he'll do in the near future. If they can pull it off - brilliant, if they can't - we're in deep shit. Flashes of the temperament required for test cricket were shown in one of the tour matches in England. If he can keep it going, one of Ganguly and Laxman would have to make way.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Sat 06 Oct 2007, 21:38

Yuvraj is an over-rated cowlasher. Can't play the moving ball - he's a long way away from the subdued genius of Dravid, the class of Tendulkar, the touch of Laxman or the orgasmic elegance of Ganguly. And even those four are a long way past it. One ODI hundred and 6x6 in an over don't change these facts; he was scoring ODI hundreds when he was failing in Tests before, and six-sixes, whilst impressive, doesn't indicate that he has anything like the temperament to succeed in Tests.

The likes of Ponting, Hayden & KP are batsman, not sloggers. They know how to play Test Cricket as if they were born to it. Yuvraj doesn't, and he has a lot to do to prove otherwise.
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sat 06 Oct 2007, 21:50

The only thing going against Yuvraj is his temperament and maybe his problems with quality spin. It's absolute bull-shit to say he's a slogger. Talent-wise he's right up there with any young batsman in the world now.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Sat 06 Oct 2007, 22:12

if you think yuvraj is a slogger you obviously dont know your cricket. and the same goes to the guy who said hayden is a touch player. even ponting and KP's game is based more on power. im not saying that yuvraj is anywhere near as good a batsman as ponting et al but i stand by my original statement that no other batsman combines power and elegance to such good effect.

also, its a myth that yuvraj cant score runs on seaming tracks. his 2 test tons in pakistan came on seaming wickets with india 5 down for not much. he hasnt had an extended run in the test side and, at 25, its not right to say he has failed in tests. however, he does have a problem against quality spin which he needs to work on.

he must be in the test side.
Ash
Ash

Yuvraj Singh- His time has come in Test cricket - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 08 Oct 2007, 04:06

Well said, Ash.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 08 Oct 2007, 04:15

Ash wrote:if you think yuvraj is a slogger you obviously dont know your cricket. and the same goes to the guy who said hayden is a touch player. even ponting and KP's game is based more on power. im not saying that yuvraj is anywhere near as good a batsman as ponting et al but i stand by my original statement that no other batsman combines power and elegance to such good effect.

also, its a myth that yuvraj cant score runs on seaming tracks. his 2 test tons in pakistan came on seaming wickets with india 5 down for not much. he hasnt had an extended run in the test side and, at 25, its not right to say he has failed in tests. however, he does have a problem against quality spin which he needs to work on.

he must be in the test side.

Ponting's game based on power . . . snigger.

Hayden not a touch player . . . snigger.

No other batsman combines power and elegance to such good effect . . . double snigger.

It's obvious you've never really bothered to watch other batsmen.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 08 Oct 2007, 04:32

I am still not convinced that Yuvraj's technique will pass the test of "tests" against good teams. However it is time to move out the big old names, actually it has been that way for 2-3 years, just that it is so hard in the Indian cricketing establishment or any establishment to replace yesterday's heroes.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Mon 08 Oct 2007, 04:34

"I am still not convinced that Yuvraj's technique will pass the test of "tests" against good teams."

My guess is it probably wont ...but we'll never know if he isn't given a chance to prove himself
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26204
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Mon 08 Oct 2007, 04:45

The few times I have seen in tests he has not given a good account of himself. A bit too loost outside the off for me, something he is able to get away in the shorter forms.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 08 Oct 2007, 04:47

That'll be where temperament comes in. He'll have to curb a few shots, atleast early on in the innings.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Mon 08 Oct 2007, 04:51

Yuvraj's technique will pass the test of "tests" against good teams.
Karthik's is streaky throughout his innings, didn't stop him to emerge as best run score for India in tests against Eng.

Technique is not everything, otherwise Sanjay Manjrekar would've been best ever bat or Sehwag won't've been averaging almost 50 in test cricket.

You don't need just technique to make runs in int'l cricket.

SG

Number of posts : 12806

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 10 Jan 2008, 04:57

Henry wrote:I've always thought Yuvraj was an outstanding talent, and some of his strokeplay is reminiscent of Garry Sobers. Obviously he hasnt achieved the same success as Sobers, but I really think it's time India considered dropping Laxman from the test team and playing Yuvraj. He gives India an X factor not just with his batting, but he's very good in the field as well.

His time has come.

Bounce
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26204
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 10 Jan 2008, 04:58

mb, you bastard. That's just cruel. But funny as hell. Trev is such a great judge.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Thu 10 Jan 2008, 04:58

bounce
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 10 Jan 2008, 04:59

Noice . . . it's always fun to go back and remind the someof the spankmonkey's of the dribble they have posted.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 10 Jan 2008, 04:59

LOL, awesome work MB Very Happy
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Thu 10 Jan 2008, 05:00

embee wrote:
Henry wrote:I've always thought Yuvraj was an outstanding talent, and some of his strokeplay is reminiscent of Garry Sobers. Obviously he hasnt achieved the same success as Sobers, but I really think it's time India considered dropping Laxman from the test team and playing Yuvraj. He gives India an X factor not just with his batting, but he's very good in the field as well.

His time has come.

Bounce

Sadist
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 10 Jan 2008, 05:00

So what's his Test average now? 30? After 20 odd Tests?
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 10 Jan 2008, 05:01

*Buckaroo* wrote:Sadist
Afraid someone'll go back through your posts and point out some of the howlers you've made?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Thu 10 Jan 2008, 05:01

Zat wrote:
Afraid someone'll go back through your posts and point out some of the howlers you've made?

Not a single one. I have never made a mistake in my predictions.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 10 Jan 2008, 05:02

He'll be back. He's not the first batsmen to ever be out of form.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 10 Jan 2008, 05:04

*Buckaroo* wrote:
Zat wrote:

Not a single one. I have never made a mistake in my predictions.
We'll see, but then again, you don't seem to make many predictions. You do, however post lots of crap about New World Orders and helicopters buzzing your paranoid palace.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Thu 10 Jan 2008, 05:06

how is that a howler ?

All my predictions of the New World Order thread are spot on. I don't shoot blanks.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 10 Jan 2008, 05:08

Look, it's not fair to take the attention away from Trev's howler like this...

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next